Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gotten stronger and really worked on his upper body since the last video I saw. He is finishing much better in the lane, and just bodying people out of the way, Paul Harris style. I still don't see him as elite explosive or elite athletic, but he looks like a very good basketball player.
If he’s a 6,7” guard, you can bet your butt he’s athletic.

This is our guy...I'm starting to think wahab might be the next priority (although according to a lot of people he has been a huge priority from the start and the staff loves him)

I'll be bummed if we dont get AA though...he fits our style of play better then anyone and would be star at cuse.

Time will tell! Still in good shape with everyone until its over and signed on the dotted line!

From what I've seen, Tyus is more explosive off the dribble.
Quincy may be a better pure shooter.
He looks plenty quick in the clips ... although we won't really know until he faces ACC-level defenders. Either way, I think it'll be great for the program to bring in another excellent Canadan BB product.

Last edited:
FWIW there is an Illini blogger who is pretty confident they land Q. (I am not going to go back a search for it.)

FWIW there is an Illini blogger who is pretty confident they land Q. (I am not going to go back a search for it.)
I thought people were hearing that the Illinois staff wasn’t feeling great about his visit and that it still looks like SU-Oregon, with Cuse probably in the drivers seat.

Last edited:
He looks plenty quick in clips ... although we won't really know until he comes in and faces and defends ACC players. Either way, I think it'll be great for the program to bring in another excellent Canadan BB product.

In the August 2018 Adidas Gauntlet clips on YouTube, he makes a ton of shots, dunks well, plays very well, but you don't see him drive past people to the rim very often in a halfcourt setting. You do see him with some very nice (but usually wide open) dunks.

If you look at the June 2018 Bio-Steel All Canadian clips, he powers past people in the lane, but has size and strength on them. The Adidas clips are against more equal competition. He overpowers most of the Canadian kids.

If you go back to some of the 2017 or 2016 clips, he had some trouble scoring in the lane on the drive and dribbles into traffic a bit. That's why I say he doesn't quite have "elite" athleticism, like a Hamadou Diallo or Andrew Wiggins (to stick with another Canadian player of the year) kind of player, but don't get me wrong, he's an outstanding player and we would be fortunate to get him.

I would call him a four star rather than a five star player, though. That's all I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with that - C.J. Fair was a four star player, and so was Malachi Richardson, if I recall correctly.

In the August 2018 Adidas Gauntlet clips on YouTube, he makes a ton of shots, dunks well, plays very well, but you don't see him drive past people to the rim very often in a halfcourt setting. You do see him with some very nice (but usually wide open) dunks.

If you look at the June 2018 Bio-Steel All Canadian clips, he powers past people in the lane, but has size and strength on them. The Adidas clips are against more equal competition. He overpowers most of the Canadian kids.

If you go back to some of the 2017 or 2016 clips, he had some trouble scoring in the lane on the drive and dribbles into traffic a bit. That's why I say he doesn't quite have "elite" athleticism, like a Hamadou Diallo or Andrew Wiggins (to stick with another Canadian player of the year) kind of player, but don't get me wrong, he's an outstanding player and we would be fortunate to get him.

I would call him a four star rather than a five star player, though. That's all I'm saying. There's nothing wrong with that - C.J. Fair was a four star player, and so was Malachi Richardson, if I recall correctly.
Pretty sure Mali was a 5 top 25 kid.

This is my take as well. From what I have seen it looks like his game is more suited at the 3. Not enough ballhandling and speed at the 2, IMO. He could play there a bit here/there but not ideal. He’s a very good athlete but not like Hami or Wiggins like you say. Whitney and Precious are also a notch above him in terms of high level athleticism. He does sort of remind me of a slightly better/quicker version of Fair. Nothing wrong with that. We gotta get him though or hit on some kind of high level SF prospect.

Last edited:
This is my take as well. From what I have seen it looks like his game is more suited at the 3. Not enough ballhandling and speed at the 2, IMO. He could play there a bit here/there but not ideal. He’s a very good athlete but not like Hami or Wiggins like you say. Whitney and Precious are also a notch above him in terms of high level athleticism. He does sort of remind me of a slightly better/quicker version of Fair. Nothing wrong with that. We gotta get him though or hit on some kind of high level SF prospect.

Yeah, I kind of see him as a C.J. Fair type, but a better outside shooter at the outset, like Mali.

ESPN, 24-7 Sports and Royvals all had him as a 4 star. Most had him in the 25-35 range nationally.
I’m pretty sure he was a 5 Star at one point as a recruit it he didn’t end as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.