Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair comparison is decent but QG has a better handle then fair. I agree hes a little less then whitney/precious athletically (less explosive) but not all that far off. Big and physically mature already. Also hes probably a better outside shooter then all of them. He can really light it up when he gets going. He had some dominating performances this summer. Hes known as a "bucket getter"

Fair comparison is decent but QG has a better handle then fair. I agree hes a little less then whitney/precious athletically (less explosive) but not all that far off. Big and physically mature already. Also hes probably a better outside shooter then all of them. He can really light it up when he gets going. He had some dominating performances this summer. Hes known as a "bucket getter"

Yeah, I agree he's a better outside shooter; that's why I see him as a cross between Mali and Fair - not as much of a pure forward as Fair, maybe not quite as much of a guard as Mali, but close to him in terms of shooting ability.

Guerrier will be Oshaes replacement.

After tonight, I’m not so sure. Oshae started at the 4 and Hughes at the 3. Next year, if Hughes stays at the 3 and Buddy starts at the 2......

He certainly did. Struggled some on defense but shooting is a big equalizer.

I was impressed with his handle and his overall floor game. He's not just a kid who stands at the 3 point line and waits for the ball. He's going to play this year as our zone buster. Braswell should take note of all the little things Buddy did for his next game.

I was impressed with his handle and his overall floor game. He's not just a kid who stands at the 3 point line and waits for the ball. He's going to play this year as our zone buster. Braswell should take note of all the little things Buddy did for his next game.

Braswell was a hot mess. Even tried to inbound the ball for the other team while we were setting up the press. He'll come around obviously, but he was in la la land in his first outing last night!

Braswell was a hot mess. Even tried to inbound the ball for the other team while we were setting up the press. He'll come around obviously, but he was in la la land in his first outing last night!

He was nervous, that's for sure. He just hung around the perimeter and waited for the ball, and then just launched. No passing, no dibbling, just a quick nervous shot. He's a talented player. He did work hard on defense, as Mason pointed out. Of course, he knows he HAS to do that if he wants to see game time.

We know he's a good shooter because Buddy says so! LOL But he's got to play a more complete floor game the next couple times out, if he wants to get on the court at the Garden in a couple weeks.

For a soccer parallel, there's a terrific young player for my club, Chelsea, who just scored a hat trick against a team from central Europe. The coach was supportive, knows the fans love this kid's potential, but the coach asked the press, "How am I going to keep my offensive/defensive balance? This kid is very talented on offense, but I can't put him out there if he can't play defense, too. It's up to the player to cooperate, and give us what we need on both sides of the ball, for the good of the team."

Demetris Nichols was a great comparison, Mason. I hope this is just a blip, though.

He was nervous, that's for sure. He just hung around the perimeter and waited for the ball, and then just launched. No passing, no dibbling, just a quick nervous shot. He's a talented player. He did work hard on defense, as Mason pointed out. Of course, he knows he HAS to do that if he wants to see game time.

We know he's a good shooter because Buddy says so! LOL But he's got to play a more complete floor game the next couple times out, if he wants to get on the court at the Garden in a couple weeks.

For a soccer parallel, there's a terrific young player for my club, Chelsea, who just scored a hat trick against a team from central Europe. The coach was supportive, knows the fans love this kid's potential, but the coach asked the press, "How am I going to keep my offensive/defensive balance? This kid is very talented on offense, but I can't put him out there if he can't play defense, too. It's up to the player to cooperate, and give us what we need on both sides of the ball, for the good of the team."

Demetris Nichols was a great comparison, Mason. I hope this is just a blip, though.
You’re Roman Abramovich?!:eek: Well, thankfully my club Liverpool sits at the top of the table (with Man City) currently;)

Not to get off-track too much but never expected to see a Loftus-Cheek (player referenced above) name drop here.

Couple more days and hopefully the Cuse can claim another player from north of the border. Which lead me to this in an internet search. This is brilliant. Not sure why it hasn't been posted before. Thank you for all of the former players and current posters who are already members of the Orange Order in Canada.
Orange Order in Canada - Wikipedia
1200px-Orange_Order_Canada.svg.png

Do we know what time he will be announcing?? only two days away. we still feeling pretty confident here?

Very odd that he's doing it at a Knicks game. You'd think that has to be good for us. But you never with kids. I'm cautiously optimistic.

All signs are good... he could be announcing during a Bulls game or a Blazers game and he's not. But I'll feel a lot better once it's OFFICIALLY orange.

Just please don't pull a Tobias Harris stunt...
Still have a sour taste from that kid. If I remember correctly, he stuck it in SU's face - announced for Tenn. at the ESPN zone while SU was in town for a game at the garden. Wasn't Bruce Pearl the Vols coach at the time? Hmmm.

Still have a sour taste from that kid. If I remember correctly, he stuck it in SU's face - announced for Tenn. at the ESPN zone while SU was in town for a game at the garden. Wasn't Bruce Pearl the Vols coach at the time? Hmmm.
yes, all of that. Still hate seeing his name in NBA box scores. Yes, I am bitter and childish.

After tonight, I’m not so sure. Oshae started at the 4 and Hughes at the 3. Next year, if Hughes stays at the 3 and Buddy starts at the 2...
Agree. To me Guerrier looks like Tyus Battle II .. not as strong (right now) but possibly a better outside shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.