Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a good question. Technically, can't these kids report as soon as the first semester is over? I.E., some time in December?
I wasn't sure if he could technically come once the first semester was over...
He may, in fact, be able to report in December. It's unclear to me, after a quick search. I'll try to find something more definitive later.

He may, in fact, be able to report in December. It's unclear to me, after a quick search. I'll try to find something more definitive later.
Thanks. Where I've seen it come into play is with mid-season transfers. Guys who left mid-year and half to sit out the first semester, suddenly being eligible to play in late December games because first semester is "over."

So, the best I've been able to find is the SU academic calendar. I tried looking at the transfer info, but that isn't necessarily relevant here (even mid-season transfers have to sit 2 semesters). The fall semester officially ends on 12/14/2018. Registration for new students is on 1/14/2019, but that doesn't necessarily address when Quincy can be on campus. It is possible he can be on campus 12/18/2018 if he enrolls and takes a Winterlude class, which may be a way to get him on campus ASAP.

Otherwise, he wouldn't be an enrolled student so he may not have anyplace on campus to stay until the campus reopens for the spring semester.
1542133616964.gif

So if he's coming in January, is he going to be playing this year? Apologies if this has been answered a bunch.

So if he's coming in January, is he going to be playing this year? Apologies if this has been answered a bunch.

No, the idea is to train with Brissett and Battle this spring to get "up to speed" with ACC ball, and then team with Hughes as their primary replacements next year. That way, they hope Quincey can hit the ground running in Fall 2019.

No, the idea is to train with Brissett and Battle this spring to get "up to speed" with ACC ball, and then team with Hughes as their primary replacements next year. That way, they hope Quincey can hit the ground running in Fall 2019.
Battle will still be here next year

According to the reports, Tyrus coming back for this year and given his normal course load will be within three credits of graduating by the end of the school year.

Now that was before school started this year and does not reflect what courses he is currently taking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.