Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of team chemistry, and the construction of continuing success of the program. QG's skill set is a lot like Battles and Brissetts. He is somewhat redundant this year but can be seen with a sizable role next year being one of the primary scorers.

This years QG minutes would probably come at the expense of Marek. No need to stunt Mareks development. QG can do a half year apprenticeship and come in like Hughes this year.

QG is a great get! The future looks bright.

I think I read that he's going to redshirt this year and practice with the team, so that he's ready for a big role next year.

I think I read that he's going to redshirt this year and practice with the team, so that he's ready for a big role next year.

Yes, that's exactly his plan.

He gets to practice against the guys whom he's going to replace next year (Battle & OSB), and with many of his future teammates, learn the zone, and be fully weaponized for the following season.

Welcome aboard Quincy. I see a lot of Malachi Richardson in his game.

Me, too. He might be a little stronger than Mali.

Quincy has built himself up in the past year, and was bodying people out of the way when he drives to the hoop on some of his most recent clips that I've seen online. He wasn't as able to do that 12-18 months ago.

What would make him a 5 *? Going to Duke or Kentucky. j/k He looks Five star to me.

"I'm a scoring machine to be honest," Guerrier said. "That's what coach (Boeheim) said he wants and expects from me. To come in and score a lot and rebound. He said Tyus and Oshae are probably going to be gone (to the NBA), so he needs me to come in and take over some of their scoring."

Quincy Guerrier Commits to Syracuse
Shhhhhhh! Don’t tell em

This is the guy right here - huge pickup.

Slightly underrated prospect (only ranked by 1 service) who was MVP of Canadian All Star game (like another guy who quickly showed he was underrated as well: O. Brissett).

Continues/strengthens our pipeline to Canada, which has been getting more lucrative past few years. This is important, as it seemed to play a role here (relationship with Oshae & others, also K Joseph congratulated him on the halftime show commitment interview).

And this guy is exactly type of player we needed: a stone cold scorer.

SU doesn’t seem to have a problem getting really good, “solid” all around ballplayers...guys like Howard, Lydon, Fair, Cooney, etc.

But, IMO, we don’t often get those high-level offensive talent type players. Guys who can get their shot at any time, even if offense is struggling. (Battle is last one...then maybe Malachi?)

I think this may be because guys who show that ability in HS are recruited hard & by everyone. The “elite” schools are usually involved & maybe even a “bag” is exchanged. And once a recruitment is trending in that direction, JB seems to sense it & (correctly) backoff.

And/or, such top recruits sometimes have “attitude deficiencies” haha. JB also doesn’t like to pursue such kids either.

(Just for example, I’m talking guys like Cam Reddish, Lonnie Walker, Isaiah Briscoe, Isaiah Whitehead, Wayne Seldon...these are guys SU had some shot with that passed on us.)

So, SU tends to take slightly raw guys & develop them into high level scorers, or take them as a transfer candidate, etc.

But with Guerrier & this new “Canadian pipeline” (aka OB before him), JB may have found a way to get these types of players. We’ll see - not sure 2 guys makes a “trend” but it is certainly “trending” that direction.

Congrats to Quincy on picking a great school that will showcase his talents really well & do right by the kid.

Congrats to the SU coaches. Textbook recruitment right here. Identified the prospect early, made him one of his first offers (and one of our first in cycle), and then put in the WORK. Now that’s how it’s done.

And finally, congrats to the SU players, who really stepped up in this recruitment. One of our posters who’s our “Instagram Interpreter” (Cusesky8214) swore that Quincy’s interactions with the guys (Oshae, Tyus, etc.) was genuine & seemed to make this more or less an open secret that Quincy was all Orange. That doesn’t happen often & it should be noted.

Great job fellas - doing their part to ensure that SU basketball enjoys continued success. That speaks to the level of engagement with & commitment to the program.

Awesome Post, one of the best I have read!!

Not sure what is said but I'm guessing its congratulating Q and hes happy hes orange! I like it!

QG idolized KJ growing up.....
Part of the reason why many of us felt good about our chances going back to his 1st visit.
Red has done an incredible job for us in CN.
Slept well last night, feels good to be back as the SU Basketball Factory

QG idolized KJ growing up...
Part of the reason why many of us felt good about our chances going back to his 1st visit.
Red has done an incredible job for us in CN.
Slept well last night, feels good to be back as the SU Basketball Factory

Any updated predictions on how we wrap up this recruiting season? As happy as we are with the class to date, IMO we really need a legit 4/5. AA or IS would be perfect but seems an uphill battle for both.

Not sure what is said but I'm guessing its congratulating Q and hes happy hes orange! I like it!

As if we didn't already love KJ.

Couldn't quite capture all his quickly spoken Quebecois French for translation:

"QG! Congratulations on your choice of the Syracuse Orange.
It will be an incredible program with an incredible coach,
and (something something) the most incredible.
It's a family for life.
(something something) good luck for your next chapter of basketball.
G'eaux Orange."

Let me be very clear... for recruiting I'd trust Jake's opinion over my own 100 out of 100 times. That said... I just don't think we're out on Stewart. The situation is too fluid. Just a day or so ago he spoke about Nova and Indiana being out, but the other 5 all being alive. If we were out, he easily could have tossed us aside too. I kinda think his family would love to have him stay close a year before he goes away his entire NBA career. It may end up we're on the opposite side of an Akok situation this time where friends and family all want cuse and the player is kinda gazing elsewhere. Hope JB and company can convince him the grass isn't always greener.

But then, doesn't that make it 99 out of 100 times?

Any updated predictions on how we wrap up this recruiting season? As happy as we are with the class to date, IMO we really need a legit 4/5. AA or IS would be perfect but seems an uphill battle for both.
If we don’t get Wahab, I think they’ll put the full court press on Carrigan. I wonder if they already have him standing by and probably waiting on first semester Juco grades. There’s also up and comers who break through this season, foreign guys like Marek, and decommitments from the FBI trial and investigation fallout.

Le Grand Orange?
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.