Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be crazy but is Guerrier a potential Tyus Battle replacement? Just watching his clips, I can't help but think of a bigger version of Victor Olidipo.

I might be crazy but is Guerrier a potential Tyus Battle replacement? Just watching his clips, I can't help but think of a bigger version of Victor Olidipo.

I don't think its that far fetched.

Although there are a number of factors [Hughes / Boeheim] that could push him to the 3.

I don't think its that far fetched.

Although there are a number of factors [Hughes / Boeheim] that could push him to the 3.
even at the 3 he'll handle it alot and do Tyus-esque things on O

even at the 3 he'll handle it alot and do Tyus-esque things on O

Sure, but that wouldn't necessarily constitute being "Tyus Battle's replacement."

I think a more likely outcome is that Hughes shifts to the backcourt to accommodate the strong frontcourt talent we're going to bring in for the class of 2019, which will include Guerrier [technically]. He'll spend the 2nd semester practicing with the team, and be ready to seize a starting role next season, as Oshae Brissett's replacement.

Could he play guard? I think so -- but he'd have two guys ahead of him on the depth chart that might bar his path at that position.

Sure, but that wouldn't necessarily constitute being "Tyus Battle's replacement."

I think a more likely outcome is that Hughes shifts to the backcourt to accommodate the strong frontcourt talent we're going to bring in for the class of 2019, which will include Guerrier [technically]. He'll spend the 2nd semester practicing with the team, and be ready to seize a starting role next season, as Oshae Brissett's replacement.

Could he play guard? I think so -- but he'd have two guys ahead of him on the depth chart that might bar his path at that position.
yep agree

The way our roster is shaping up, only warriors who are not afraid to compete for PT will commit. That is part of the reason why I loved the Joe G commitment, he knew no PT would be handed to him. At 2G/SF we will have at least Hughes and Marek who will be tough to beat out, not to mention Joe G and Buddy who will have a year under his belt. I think QG has enough talent to start even against those guys, particularly if he is with the team for a semester to learn the system. I do not think we can promise much PT to anybody, but we can promise everybody that they will have a great opportunity to prove that they are worthy of minutes.

yep agree
The reason RF's projection makes sense is that Hughes is probably going to be Battle's replacement first. He will fill in at the 3 this year but then I agree that he's likely to slide back - ala Tyus - to the 2 in 2019, leaving room for Guerrier to take over (with OB gone).

PF is intriguing also for '19, with MD starting there (as a junior) and Braswell a developing soph. A stretch-4 like Akok could come in and immediately get PT.

Stewart ... wow, would displace anyone else on the roster at PF/C.

The way our roster is shaping up, only warriors who are not afraid to compete for PT will commit. That is part of the reason why I loved the Joe G commitment, he knew no PT would be handed to him. At 2G/SF we will have at least Hughes and Marek who will be tough to beat out, not to mention Joe G and Buddy who will have a year under his belt. I think QG has enough talent to start even against those guys, particularly if he is with the team for a semester to learn the system. I do not think we can promise much PT to anybody, but we can promise everybody that they will have a great opportunity to prove that they are worthy of minutes.
This kid will have a half a year all summer and fall to prepare. I cant see him sitting. I actually wonder if he would see minutes in the ACC tourney and the dance.

This kid will have a half a year all summer and fall to prepare. I cant see him sitting. I actually wonder if he would see minutes in the ACC tourney and the dance.

I can't see it. Not over Hughes, Oshae and Marek.

Status
Not open for further replies.