Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hughes at the 2 would be one of the worst ball handling teams in history.
So you'd be more confident with Buddy's handle? There is nobody on the returning roster who has a proven handle except for Washington and he's not projected to earn significant minutes.

How does any Div 1 basketball coaching staff allow this to happen?

So you'd be more confident with Buddy's handle? There is nobody on the returning roster who has proven that he can handle a basketball, except for Washington and he's not projected to earn many minutes.

How does any Div 1 basketball coaching staff allow this to happen?

I'm more confident with Buddy's handle at the 2 w/ Hughes at the 3, as opposed to anybody else at the 3, with Hughes at the 2.

Does Guerrier have the handle to play the 2? that would be helpful.

He's going to be excellent...IF he is allowed to play early and not be held back like Carey was, 2019/20 could be a big year. Probably not a one and done but 10-12 ppg with 5 rpg if he gets 20-25 mins per game. Sophomore season he will be all ACC. Not as accomplished but reminds me a bit of RJ Barrett
Carey was not held back. He earned his PT

Does Guerrier have the handle to play the 2? that would be helpful.
Not in my opinion. He handle is ok for a 3 but not good enough for a 2. He is a little bigger and stronger than Eli Hughes. I think he will be great with Eli and OB in a 3 forward rotation. I think Marek plays more time at the 5 next year unfortunately.

If Buddy can play the two with his lack of ballhandling and defense, Hughes can play the 2
Buddy has issues with athleticism but I don't think his ball handling is bad. He handled the ball a lot in the Pitt game when Tyus was out. He brought the ball up multiple times and went behind his back a few times. I don't remember him turning it over much. He also can drive to get to the second level for a shot already better than Cooney ever could.

Buddy has issues with athleticism but I don't think his ball handling is bad. He handled the ball a lot in the Pitt game when Tyus was out. He brought the ball up multiple times and went behind his back a few times. I don't remember him turning it over much. He also can drive to get to the second level for a shot already better than Cooney ever could.
He smart that’s why he’s getting away with his ball handling is below average he lacks strength and speed in his handle missing both of those makes you below average. He has good concentration and decent hand To eye coordination

How many other teams would Buddy start for in the ACC?

Well he’s a better player than Carey right now. That’s for sure.

I think Buddy handled his adversity better than Carey did. And he played more freely and confidently than Carey did. I think knowing how his dad operates had a little to do with that,

All that being said, Carey is more talented than Buddy.

Washington has a great handle, can shoot and has high basketball IQ. He will surprise folks
That would be just awesome for this team next year. Washington just seems to look like a natural point guard. Hope he has the talent to be that for us.

Probably half, but he only started due ton injuries, etc.

You think Buddy Boeheim, with his defensive deficiencies in zone, would start for half of the teams in the ACC -- the vast majority of which play man-to-man? Are you serious?

You think Buddy Boeheim, with his defensive deficiencies in zone, would start for half of the teams in the ACC -- the vast majority of which play man-to-man? Are you serious?

Neither Guy nor Jerome was a plus defender as a Frosh.
I remember Guy getting abused by us on D
As Juniors, they are now both very good.

you have no clue -
How many other teams would Buddy start for in the ACC?
Can you stop trolling man, just give it up. A 26 point performance against Uconn (which we lost btw) doesnt make up for the fact the kid simply wasn’t ready this year. Any and every minute Carey played during ACC play, he was overwhelmed. But please prove otherwise and... give us a clue.

This isn’t to say he’s not a talented player with lead guard potential either because I’m personally high on Carey and expect him to have a major impact next year. As for Buddy, he didn’t start unless tyus/frank was out and if you think Carey had more value on the floor than Buddy did in ACC play and beyond, you are beyond clueless. I’ll even go as far to say Buddy would have earned minutes on the majority of teams in the conference and he’s just a freshman. Buddy can play.

Please bring something to this board, other than arbitrary H0T Takes, that you can actually back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.