Class of 2019 - G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 G Quincy Guerrier (QB) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
E7185E03-4AEC-43F5-B9F6-2140C488BFB2.png

I’ve said it before and I know a lot of people don’t see it this way but I think next years team has a ton of potential. Yes a lot of unknowns but:

1) Quincy is a stud, no he’s not Carmelo Anthony but I can see him next year averaging 12-15 ppg and 5-8 rpg

2) Hughes is a perfect player for this team next year. Can shoot it well as we have seen, just needs to work a little more on his driving and defense but he’s right there.

3) Boeheim has said next year will be more uptempo which is perfect for Jalen because that is the name of his game, speed, quickness and explosive in the open court.

4) an uptempo offense with shooters such as Boeheim, JG3, Braswell and Hughes. With slashers such as Quincy, Oshae, and Marek. With bigs that can run like Edwards and Ajak is a perfect fit. We need to get back to this type of offense and it’s fairly obvious. We have the personnel to do that next year even when Goodine is running the offense.

I think this team can do great things but Jalen will need to take that next step, Oshae needs to get back to freshman year form but finish around the basket better and our bigs need to be AVERAGE offensively. I think we’ll have big 4 of Jalen, Hughes, Quincy and Oshae with a lot of good complementary pieces.

Syracuse basketball at its best is when we play team ball with multiple players that can go off any night. The last few years we’ve only had one or two. Next year we’ll 4-5 players that could drop 20+ a night in my opinion in Carey, Quincy, Hughes, Oshae and Boeheim. Personally I think it’ll be a better year than most expect, especially with other teams in the ACC not looking as strong as years past.

GO ORANGE!!

I’ve said it before and I know a lot of people don’t see it this way but I think next years team has a ton of potential. Yes a lot of unknowns but:

1) Quincy is a stud, no he’s not Carmelo Anthony but I can see him next year averaging 12-15 ppg and 5-8 rpg

2) Hughes is a perfect player for this team next year. Can shoot it well as we have seen, just needs to work a little more on his driving and defense but he’s right there.

3) Boeheim has said next year will be more uptempo which is perfect for Jalen because that is the name of his game, speed, quickness and explosive in the open court.

4) an uptempo offense with shooters such as Boeheim, JG3, Braswell and Hughes. With slashers such as Quincy, Oshae, and Marek. With bigs that can run like Edwards and Ajak is a perfect fit. We need to get back to this type of offense and it’s fairly obvious. We have the personnel to do that next year even when Goodine is running the offense.

I think this team can do great things but Jalen will need to take that next step, Oshae needs to get back to freshman year form but finish around the basket better and our bigs need to be AVERAGE offensively. I think we’ll have big 4 of Jalen, Hughes, Quincy and Oshae with a lot of good complementary pieces.

Syracuse basketball at its best is when we play team ball with multiple players that can go off any night. The last few years we’ve only had one or two. Next year we’ll 4-5 players that could drop 20+ a night in my opinion in Carey, Quincy, Hughes, Oshae and Boeheim. Personally I think it’ll be a better year than most expect, especially with other teams in the ACC not looking as strong as years past.

GO ORANGE!!
So OB will be back next year?

Quincy has been one of my favorites since we started recruiting him. I think hes going to be a stud college player for us! Glad the NCAA didnt screw us here!

GO ORANGE!!
I think we will end up with a better, harder to defend, offensive team. My question marks are on the defensive end, and rebounding, if those are just good, we should do well.

Quincy has been one of my favorites since we started recruiting him. I think hes going to be a stud college player for us! Glad the NCAA didnt screw us here!

I too was VERY excited about what Guerrier will bring to the table next year. But some of that enthusiasm was based upon him being able to enroll early and get his feet wet practicing against last year's team -- giving him a huge head start on getting acclimated to playing college basketball.

Still doesn't mean that the kid won't have an impact this year, but I'm less confident now than I was. It set up perfectly before the NCAA swooped in.

“I’m very excited for next season. Ever since I committed to Syracuse I can’t stop dreaming about playing in front of a packed house at the Carrier Dome. In terms of the NCAA approval, it’s a huge weight off of my shoulders. I can now focus on my workouts until I get on campus. The overall process wasn’t complicated, just the waiting was the hardest part. We’re finalizing some logistics on my admission and I plan to be on campus as soon as possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.