Ga Tech fires Geoff Collins / hiring Brent Key | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech fires Geoff Collins / hiring Brent Key

They should have found a Flexbone guy to take over the reigns the way they have looked since Johnson left.

Nebraska and GT, two teams who thought they should be perennial top 15 teams and wouldn’t accept anything less have essentially destroyed their programs as a result.

Not the case with GA Tech. They should be competing for the Coastal every year. Johnson's last 3 years they went 13-11. Also the option was holding them back. They weren't getting the talent on O that they should have. They made a bad hire. It happens, but it was time to move on.

Somewhere John raymon is shaking his fist

Still mad at the complete screw job that game was. Had just beaten NCSU on the road the week before, the refs had it out for us. They swallowed their whistles for tech that day, with like a 15 to 1 penalty ratio. Big John severely hurt on an obvious chop block that of course wasn’t called…

Really surprised GaTech can’t get it together considering they are located in such a recruiting hotbed.

How many big name schools are the same drive from ATL that we are from NYC? A bunch UGA, Clemson, both Alabama schools, Tennessee. Why live inside the city limits vs a college town where the football team are treated like kings?

Its shocking that noone in the Coastal has been able to get it together and become another Clemson though. Apart from Duke anyone could have done it.

I know it was year 4 but the dude had to turn over the entire roster and start again. Oh well, I think he has a big buyout I should be so lucky

Still mad at the complete screw job that game was. Had just beaten NCSU on the road the week before, the refs had it out for us. They swallowed their whistles for tech that day, with like a 15 to 1 penalty ratio. Big John severely hurt on an obvious chop block that of course wasn’t called…
Losing 56-0 ain’t the refs’ fault.

Gotta think they target Bill O'Brien.
I wonder if they might consider Doug Marrone? I bet he is the guy George O’Leary would recommend.

Doug might not want to the job either……

Believe he has a son playing college football. Maybe he would like a chance to coach him?

Last edited:
I wonder if they might consider Doug Marrone? I bet he is the guy George O’Leary would recommend.

Doug might not want to the job either……
I don’t think Doug is interested in going back to a college job.

You're probably thinking of Bryce Gowdy.
Think is was Nazir Burnett from Bishop McDevity in Harrisburg, PA. He had verballed to Cuse and flipped to Ga Tech. He left Tech and transferred to Temple.

We heavily recruited Gowdy buy he was never a commit here.