Ga Tech fires Josh Pastner / hiring Damon Stoudamire | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech fires Josh Pastner / hiring Damon Stoudamire

Ok. How many HCs get fired from a P6 job and become assistants?
Norm Roberts at Kansas, didn’t Hop hire former head coach, Dave Rice? Gene Keady of Purdue was on the bench for St John’s. I know there are more.

GaTech is one of those schools where I can't figure out why they're not demonstrably better, other than always hiring dumb coaches.

ACC member on a pretty campus in ATLANTA, which is one of the more desirable cities in the country. Seems like they have nice facilities too.

Someone should be able to build a program there, but its been almost 20 years since they were any good.

GaTech is one of those schools where I can't figure out why they're not demonstrably better, other than always hiring dumb coaches.

ACC member on a pretty campus in ATLANTA, which is one of the more desirable cities in the country. Seems like they have nice facilities too.

Someone should be able to build a program there, but its been almost 20 years since they were any good.
Also, supposedly the food at the strip clubs is so good that people order takeout from them.

I have no idea what that means but it feels like it counts for something.

And the have the scene and the TNT studio. Baffling.

And the have the scene and the TNT studio. Baffling.

Jamming Big Boi GIF by Outkast

Killed at Winthrop, killing it at CoC. Really good coach
The chit he pulled at UMass has turned some high majors off from him a bit.

He’ll get a HM gig soon though if he doesn’t want to stay at Charleston.

Didn't they just win the ACCT recently? Lost first round of NCAAs after though.

Otherwise yeah- they suck.

Coaching turnover in ACC over the past few years (including our own) is off the charts for what has traditionally been a very stable league.

Programs are searching for the next "Calipari of NIL"...

Portal pounders with net guns that can take down gazelles in the wild, leash them and lead them back to camp.

I think part of the problem is nobody in Georgia cares about them - any non-alums in the state follow the Bulldogs. And they suffer from the same issue Boston College does - they are always buried behind about five other teams as far as popularity and coverage in Atlanta media.

Georgia Tech really screwed up when they left the SEC in the 60s, and burned so many bridges on their way out that once they realized it was a mistake, other schools (namely Miss St and Ole Miss) would not let them back in. If they were still in the SEC, they might be the “UCLA” to Georgia’s “USC” - as it is, it’s a school that’s struggled to forge an identity (in athletics) for my entire life.

Also, supposedly the food at the strip clubs is so good that people order takeout from them.

Funny, I’m in atlanta and took my kids to the game this year. My daughter is looking at schools and never really walked around tech so after the game we walk around and head to the bookstore (which is across the highway and into the city). We’re just strolling along and I have a flashback and think “wait - we’re coming up on the Cheetah!”. Indeed we passed it (good enough for takeout they say) and another block or so up was the bookstore.

I think part of the problem is nobody in Georgia cares about them - any non-alums in the state follow the Bulldogs. And they suffer from the same issue Boston College does - they are always buried behind about five other teams as far as popularity and coverage in Atlanta media.

Georgia Tech really screwed up when they left the SEC in the 60s, and burned so many bridges on their way out that once they realized it was a mistake, other schools (namely Miss St and Ole Miss) would not let them back in. If they were still in the SEC, they might be the “UCLA” to Georgia’s “USC” - as it is, it’s a school that’s struggled to forge an identity (in athletics) for my entire life.
Atlanta doesn’t exactly have a rep as a passionate sports city or a big b-ball city either. Plus tons of transplants there, who if they do care about college b-ball - they’re rooting for the school they went to.

Funny, I’m in atlanta and took my kids to the game this year. My daughter is looking at schools and never really walked around tech so after the game we walk around and head to the bookstore (which is across the highway and into the city). We’re just strolling along and I have a flashback and think “wait - we’re coming up on the Cheetah!”. Indeed we passed it (good enough for takeout they say) and another block or so up was the bookstore.

Years ago I worked for a company with headquarters and R&D in the Atlanta area. We’d have customers up from Brazil a couple times a year, and they ALWAYS wanted to go to Cheetahs. I spent many a night there watching the tab grow and thinking “how in the hell am I going to expense this”?

Key point is: when your reputation is so broadly known people a continent away are aware of it - that’s pretty impressive.

Atlanta doesn’t exactly have a rep as a passionate sports city or a big b-ball city either. Plus tons of transplants there, who if they do care about college b-ball - they’re rooting for the school they went to.
Super passionate for uga. That owns it. Braves not awful in new location. Respectable but was funny to see everyone acknowledge the difference between respectable and what Philly brought to the baseball playoff series. Different world.

Falcons hit their niche with Vick. Marketed appropriately and found a different market (urban) that wasn’t as passionate about the Dawgs. It was cool for a while. And not it’s not! That they’re passing on Lamar is ludicrous.

Flashback.

Hmm.

Super passionate for uga. That owns it. Braves not awful in new location. Respectable but was funny to see everyone acknowledge the difference between respectable and what Philly brought to the baseball playoff series. Different world.

Falcons hit their niche with Vick. Marketed appropriately and found a different market (urban) that wasn’t as passionate about the Dawgs. It was cool for a while. And not it’s not! That they’re passing on Lamar is ludicrous.
Compared to the other major cities though(NY, Chicago, Philly, Boston, LA), they don’t seem nearly as passionate about their sports teams - perhaps especially b-ball?

This is why the Thrashers are coming back and will be in Alpharetta, not Atlanta. Because.

You mean to tell me that you’ve never had the chicken strips from Boomers in Marietta? Man, you’re really missing out, so I’m told.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom