Ga Tech Game Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech Game Thread

so the second we called that stupid time out with 17 seconds left , I was thinking, "So how does this end up with Tech scoring as the half ends?"

I thought and thought and couldn't really come up with a realistic series of events.

guess I'm just not imaginative enough

Gillon's been brutal to close every single first half since the NCST game. And is committed to making a brutal half court lob in every game now.

Gillon airballed a wide open three, threw the worst fast-break alley-oop I've ever seen and then traveled on the final possession of a half to lead to a momentum-swinging 3.

Can't do much worse than that. Unbelievable.

Also, Lydon is not without blame. He's been bad, too.
Lydon does have 8 rebounds which is far from shabby. Problem is, we can't expect TT to score 14 in the 2nd half. Someone other than White has to help.

I mean ya gotta figure Lydon will hit some shots at somepoint. And besides a 2-3 minute stretch AW3 was invisible on offense. TT has been great though

GT has looked like garbage, for sure. The only way to not be up a dozen is unforced errors. And there's been a very, very long list of those.

I know why, but why can't Gill and Frank both play well in the same game!!!??

Lydon does have 8 rebounds which is far from shabby. Problem is, we can't expect TT to score 14 in the 2nd half. Someone other than White has to help.
Ironically TT is usually at his best to start 2nd halves

If we lose, it will be the disaster last minute of 1st half. Up 9 and go in up only 3. Terrible.

If SU stays focused and plays hard, GT will have a hard time scoring. We can't give them anything easy. We haven't set up correct against their 1-3-1 yet. If we split the top, the diagonal lob will be there. Any kind of penetration will give us and easy look.

I know why, but why can't Gill and Frank both play well in the same game!!!??
If Gillon is playing well - he will play 40 minutes. So we only see FH for extended periods if Gillon is being awful.

I get the limitations of Gillon because he's so small, and that's totally fine. But an about-to-be 23 y/o grad transfer player should not make the number of mental mistakes he does. And they are all the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom