Ga Tech TV: Noon. RSN. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Ga Tech TV: Noon. RSN.

not sure, but I hear they are going to fill the student section with cardboard cutouts and then remove them all at halftime
If we’re going for authenticity they should be installed at the beginning of the second quarter. I could get carried away here and say their eyes should be looking down at their phones but that’s harder to simulate with cardboard.

For some bizarre reason, YES thinks viewers would prefer to watch the New York Yankees play baseball instead of watching Syracuse play football.

I think the point was that it was pretty obvious when the SU game time was picked - by the RSNs, mind you - that there was a conflict with the Yankees game and that your biggest audience for this dumpster fire of a game won't even be able to watch it live on tv. Maybe the difference in audience is negligible for them and they don't care, but it does seem pretty stupid to me.

For some bizarre reason, YES thinks viewers would prefer to watch the New York Yankees play baseball instead of watching Syracuse play football.

But it didn't have to be a choice... the RSNs have a say in which game is shown, and at what time... they could've chosen to avoid this conflict, but they didn't.

It is on ESPN plus Live Saturday. They may have a 7 day free trial if not I pay 4.99 a month. ( technically it’s espn3 )
I have ESPN PLUS its not listed?

So will our local establishments be able to show the game if its streaming?

those games are on directv , but most likely blacked out on all those channels unless YES does something.. But thats something SU should be working to fix.

So will our local establishments be able to show the game if its streaming?

probably not due to weird blackout rules and not allowing it to be shown on other channels in the market, depends where you live

so the blackout is only for the TV channels on DIRECTV but NOT for the streaming right? They can't blackout the streaming feed on FOX SPORTS app correct?

ACCNetwork has Louisville vs Pitt at Noon, Duke vs Virginia at 4 PM, and NC State vs Va Tech at 8 PM

ESPN has Florida vs Ole Miss, Army vs Cinci (both ranked), and Alabama vs Missouri

ABC has Notre Dame vs Wake, WV at Okie St, and FSU vs Miami.

Nobody wants Syracuse because we suck, so we got dumped off to the RSN package.

Just our rotten luck the Yankees are playing at 1 PM on Saturday and not 7 PM. Most of ACC Country will get to watch on TV, just not the people in NY. We get to cross the streams. A week later once the MLB playoffs start, YES won't be an issue.

Blame 2020.
whats weird is rsn package is showing 2 games on saturday 1 at noon and the other at 6(bc-texas state or something) they should just flip times

so the blackout is only for the TV channels on DIRECTV but NOT for the streaming right? They can't blackout the streaming feed on FOX SPORTS app correct?
It will not be blacked out on Fox Sports app. It is up in the air whether it will be blacked out on espn+. So everyone needs to just focus on getting Fox sports up and running/streaming and we're all golden

I go through my roku. I clicked on NCAA football then on upcoming live events and scrolled to Saturday and the game was there.

if YES owns the rights locally and is not showing it, it sure can be blacked out across all the stream apps. This happens all the time.

its also possible one of the RSNs who doesnt have the rights locally doesnt actually follow the rules and it pops up on one of them for people with choices. your Direct/Fiber/Cable only enforces the rules as sent to them by the RSN.. so if NESN does not have rights outside of NE but doesnt actually send the right zip codes to Directv the game appears when even by contract it shouldnt.

We also dont know if YES bought exclusive rights or not since they cost way more money

I go through my roku. I clicked on NCAA football then on upcoming live events and scrolled to Saturday and the game was there.
correct but that doesnt mean its not blacked out because they show all the games but not where its restricted. ESPN+ is showing the game but there are still local broadcast rules.

correct but that doesnt mean its not blacked out because they show all the games but not where its restricted. ESPN+ is showing the game but there are still local broadcast rules.

Aye, They usually would black out a game if it’s being played simultaneously on Yes. Being that it’s on tape, I’m not sure

if YES owns the rights locally and is not showing it, it sure can be blacked out across all the stream apps. This happens all the time.

its also possible one of the RSNs who doesnt have the rights locally doesnt actually follow the rules and it pops up on one of them for people with choices. your Direct/Fiber/Cable only enforces the rules as sent to them by the RSN.. so if NESN does not have rights outside of NE but doesnt actually send the right zip codes to Directv the game appears when even by contract it shouldnt.

We also dont know if YES bought exclusive rights or not since they cost way more money

Every year, the Women's ACC Basketball Tournament and ACC LAX Tournament are on the RSN's.

YES sometimes shows the games on a delay.

They have always been available to livestream on FosSportsGo.

And Fox owns YES. Fox bought the rights to the game and made it available to all of their RSN partners. Which includes YES.

The game is listed on ESPN3, NOT ESPN+.

Two completely different things.

ESPN3 is a streaming service that comes with your cable package. ESPN+ is a subscription service that shows a lot of soccer and boxing.

Don't get a ESPN+ sub just to realize it does you no good on Saturday.

On the ESPN+ app is says Espn3 under the image

Attachments

• F4D1620B-15C8-4002-91B3-40803CA65B7B.jpeg
    F4D1620B-15C8-4002-91B3-40803CA65B7B.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 113
I believe if you live inside the YES network area, so CNY included it will not be available on ESPN3, rather it will be available on Fox Sports GO as that is the in market streaming option listed. If you receive the YES network on your cable or satellite you will have the game on Fox Sports Go app, basically the Fox version of ESPN3. You can cast it or stream it very easily.

Every year, the Women's ACC Basketball Tournament and ACC LAX Tournament are on the RSN's.

YES sometimes shows the games on a delay.

They have always been available to livestream on FosSportsGo.

And Fox owns YES. Fox bought the rights to the game and made it available to all of their RSN partners. Which includes YES.
far different if Fox buys the rights or the RSN buys the rights. who knows.. but there are games every weekend on directv that are on multiple RSNs and some are blacked out and some are not

far different if Fox buys the rights or the RSN buys the rights. who knows.. but there are games every weekend on directv that are on multiple RSNs and some are blacked out and some are not

I can't speak for Direct TV, but I'm like 99% sure I can watch on the FSG stream at noon in Syracuse.

How long before they put the whole full game broadcast up on YouTube?

Does anyone else find it to be ridiculous that we're trying to figure out how to watch the local major college football team play on tv, for a game that fans are NOT allowed at? When seemingly every game all over the country is televsied these days, we can't even come to a consensus as to how/where to watch our local game. I find this to be about as maddening as our offense.

imagine one day where SU has an AD with some knowledge of how this works and actually took the time to make a clear web page that explained it for people.. someday

We shouldnt be hoping some random forum gets read by the right person at one of the tv stations and figure it out.. There are only about 10 major ways to get these games OTA/Streaming,its not that hard to contact the right people and get clear answers.. the NFL doesnt confuse us like this.. Oh Wait..

SIDs this is their job

imagine one day where SU has an AD with some knowledge of how this works and actually took the time to make a clear web page that explained it for people.. someday

We shouldnt be hoping some random forum gets read by the right person at one of the tv stations and figure it out.. There are only about 10 major ways to get these games OTA/Streaming,its not that hard to contact the right people and get clear answers.. the NFL doesnt confuse us like this.. Oh Wait..

SIDs this is their job
nothing our ad can do truthfully as the contract is the contract with rsn, only thing can be done is work back channels to allow cny to see the game live. The game will be on fox sports go ap as ive watched basketball games this way before with nets conflicts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom