Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

I find it interesting many people don't think Adams and Howard out is a big deal. Considering all positions, sure RB is probably the position that can be replaced most easily especially without an elite talent being the one replaced, but those two are clearly most experienced and I have a hard time seeing how a guy like Pierre will suddenly be a better fit? Makes little sense to me. Jordan though, definitely an exciting player. We will see how effective he will be between the tackles but excited to see him in open space. Definitely not the guy who should be getting half back dives play calls 20 times a game.

Good post but not too worried given the talent of these two young talents. What you worry about is blitz pickup and intangible assignments and responsibilities at that position for young players. Hopefully, the rbs in this O DO NOT have the assignment of calling out protections, as was the case in the previous system. So, as long as these 2 are in line with pass protection assignments, this could be fun:)

Richards got arrested.

Ty and I saw that after my post. Sad news and I hope he gets it together. We dont know all the details, but of course, routing for the kid, personally and athletically.

Good post but not too worried given the talent of these two young talents. What you worry about is blitz pickup and intangible assignments and responsibilities at that position for young players. Hopefully, the rbs in this O DO NOT have the assignment of calling out protections, as was the case in the previous system. So, as long as these 2 are in line with pass protection assignments, this could be fun:)
Seems like they do.

Love JJ. Again he weighs 165 pounds. Hopefully the staff has found a good way to optimize his talents. Looking forward to seeing our new OCs approach and his ability to make in game adjustments.

FWIW, from instagram, it appears Jarveon is back in Mississippi and not even in Syracuse. 5 days ago at least.
He'll look back in 20 years and regret this decision. He was a borderline 3rd RB/STs player for an NFL team assuming he progressed the next two seasons. Maybe he can get work in the CFL.

Conspiracy TM thinks both RBs were involved with Terrell Richards buffoonery.

He'll look back in 20 years and regret this decision. He was a borderline 3rd RB/STs player for an NFL team assuming he progressed the next two seasons. Maybe he can get work in the CFL.

Tyrell* Richards' "buffoonery" was probably driving after smoking a bowl or something, which is so miniscule that the SEC would've had him sit out the first play

Tyrell* Richards' "buffoonery" was probably driving after smoking a bowl or something, which is so miniscule that the SEC would've had him sit out the first play
And he got the weed from a booster.

Something does not pas the sniff test.

Still illegal, no matter how you look at it.
No mention of charged with possesion, ability impaired might be alcohol under 0.1 BAC.

No mention of charged with possesion, ability impaired might be alcohol under 0.1 BAC.
Most states (been away from NY for a while) driving under the influence catches all from pain pills to illegal drugs. You are right that they didn’t say anything about that.

He has his reasons for going back home some of which I choose not to expose out of respect for him and his situation. I think beyond being homesick, he had good reason to go back to Mississippi.

This guy (Gutierrez) should check his sources better especially about the non running back.
Probably was weed but in any case, he had to go through standardized field sobriety tests , failed them and then told he had to get blood drawn or be charged with a refusal and then would have gotten arraigned and probably remanded. Based on many years of experience, he was really badly impaired or really an ahole to the officer and based on some of his recent tweets, it was probably a lot of #2. Either way he was out partying after fall camp started and decided to be worried about ACC testing protocols and sitting out practices by speeding through Fayetteville under the influence. Hope he grows up and it all works out for him and he can rejoin his team if he wants to and if they let him. Go Orange!!!!!

So besides Cuse10 it’s pretty clear no one has the facts on either Abdul or Howard. Probably just best to wish them well and move on then speculate on what may be the truth. Clearly no one else actually knows. Good luck to them. Time to focus on those on the team that are playing.

Tucker is a better option at RB.
Agree. I was referring more of a concern for depth. If they had concerns of depth at the event position due to the opt outs they would have looked at other options.

Looking at that youth at LB and I'm hoping it's matter of them just being that good to win the jobs and that we'll have some legit stability there for the next few years instead of the revolving door we've had for a while.

One thing is that implementation of a new system in a pandemic probably helps with this line of thinking.

One thing is that implementation of a new system in a pandemic probably helps with this line of thinking.
We are very young at lb. no juniors or seniors. Part of the reason was transfers.

Our first units outside of OL looks like we have enough to compete.
Issue is depth.
Can’t get injuries

We are also missing our 2 biggest backs. When you don't have a decent O Line, a big back can make his own hole and get a few yards. Our guys who could do that opted out. I look at that lineup, and the lack of OOC games this year, and I swear we look screwed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom