Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

Good Lord...welcome to COVID Football. The OL situation is unconscionable.

This was certainly a surprising depth chart. I'll be interested to hear who all has opted out after the first game, which is when I assume Dino may make that information available. There will be a lot of areas on the field to pay attention to against UNC because we all have not seen many of these players get many, or any, reps. It could be a real boom or bust season.

Either way it will get a lot of new people playing time in a year where they do not exhaust any eligibility. That could bode well for development for the future but I really don't know what to expect week 1. I'm excited regardless.

Injuries and opt outside are certainly a big impact. Even if Bleich was approved, I doubt he is even close to game shape so our oline would still be hurting. So many new faces, it will take some time for them to operate as a cohesive unit. Elemore is pretty agile and athletic for his size, I am not going to discount his ability to succeed. As mentioned in another thread you are going to see allot of 3 step drops, rollouts, counters, screens. TD has his arms full. Lots of youth. Its going to be interesting. Have some beers ready and the grill running, we are going to need it.

A few thoughts:
  1. Excited (but not surprised) that Jordan is starting. He is our most explosive guy, as he is not just super fast, but super elusive (remember his Twitter was/is cuts on a dime)
  2. Surprised to see so many first-year guys (7!) on the 2-deep. Don't know if that's good or bad (probably a little or both). Probably not, but I wonder if there's any chance that S. Thompson is starting because 1st game is in his hometown
  3. Surprised that Elmore is starting, but hopefully that's because he's looked good, as he beat out P. Davis who I thought generally has looked decent whenever given a chance. I hope P. Davis is the 6th OL, including backup T, as a last-minute 1st year 265-pound recruit (Petry) playing this year scares me.
  4. Shocked that Richards isn't in the 2-deep. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes or just having problems w/ the mental part of the game. He seemed tailor-made for this Defense.
  5. Interesting that Cisco is Rover and Trill is FS. Thought Trill was the better tackler. Hopefully, that means that the extra strength that the Cisco kid put on is helping w/ that.
  6. Surprising our scholarship P isn't starting. I hope he's not a bust or else that could be a waste of scholie for the next 5 years.

Last edited:
Injuries and opt outside are certainly a big impact. Even if Bleich was approved, I doubt he is even close to game shape so our oline would still be hurting. So many new faces, it will take some time for them to operate as a cohesive unit. Elemore is pretty agile and athletic for his size, I am not going to discount his ability to succeed. As mentioned in another thread you are going to see allot of 3 step drops, rollouts, counters, screens. TD has his arms full. Lots of youth. Its going to be interesting. Have some beers ready and the grill running, we are going to need it.
We still have 3 of 5 lineman and tisdale was a project starter not knowing bliech situation
So it’s reakjy just Dakota out and is Elmore best out pat Davis an experienced guy then it is what it is . Tommy just needs some luck avoiding injury , he is going to make plays with his feet this year and move around the pocket
He’s muscled up and healthy and has a chip on his shoulder and that’s a good thing

The safety/rover scenario was presaged by TomCat. Cisco and Trill will be excellent - but the tradeoff of moving Trill to FS is two frosh at CB (talented group but yikes). DL is also as predicted -undersized but experienced. The stunners are - Barron getting in there behind Taj and Elmore at LOG (good stopgap but we need Bleich to clear NCAA waivers). LB's as expected at the Mike but at Will there's another freshman surprise (Wax). At SAM Linton is backing up Thompson (unexpectedly), and Richards is nowhere on the 2-deep. Wow. We're either desperate or the frosh breaking into the 2-deep are uber-talented.

Yeah it will be fun to watch Trill and Andre at those spots. I could see Barron being a sneaky RZ Threat this year outside of the TEs.

RE: the D Line Kingsley is undersized but I'm fine with Black and Williams at their current size. We still want some athleticism on the D line.

Here's what I'm excited about: Jordan, Barron, Thompson, looks like we'll actually see Hendrix (happy for him!), I take the presence of young players on the 2 deep as a positivr

Here's what I'm curious about: can Jordan's speed help the OL, Ward never played backup lbs at all so should we expect that to change in the defensive scheme?, have we removed the full back from the depth chart because Elmore is playing on the line, Gilbert doesn't play a full back, or something else?

1. Im shocked that Thompson beet out Linton for SLB. Looks like a good prospect and I know we heard that staff really like his signing but didn’t expect him to start so soon. I bet Linton will get quite a few rush opportunities in passing down situations.
2. I was glad when Wax was moved to LB as I think he has more potential there than RB. But him starting already is very unexpected.
3. I predict that Labrosse has an amazing Syracuse career at Rover.
4. Love that Nunn is playing Corner. He has good size, physicality and confidence/swagger for the position.
5. Love that Jordan gets the RB1 spot. Should have quite a few highlight plays if he can stay healthy. Despite the missing starters I think him, pierre and Tucker Will be a good group.
6. I think Queeley will be a solid WR in all areas. Not electric but solid.

Here's some thought on Elmore. We all knew the guards were hurt and bleich isnt cleared. White hasn't done much the last 3 years. So when you think about it, it came down to Elmore and P Davis. Elmore is scrappy and more athletic than most guards. Im not saying its a ideal situation but I am not surprised to see him there. I guess I am a little surprised Pat didn't solidify the spot being a 4 year guy on the line.
On Elmore

He is my favorite player...a throwback who would have been a perfect player for the Cuse teams in the early 60s.

He is playing because he knows the offense and more importantly he knows how to neutralize DL. We'll be ok.

Chris Elmore listed as starting guard...eh not good

Stunning and I am not sure just what is going on at the guard position. I know there are injuries, but just interested to learn the dynamics of how we got here also looking at the same soph tackle backing up both T positions at 260#. Had no idea it was this dire.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure every one of our recruits from North Carolina is either starting or on the 2-deep.

Llaoa - C (redshirt frosh)
Kpogba - MLB (Soph)
SThompson - SAM (True frosh)
GWilliams - CB (Redshirt frosh)

Not bad

Last edited:
Or he was rejected and they are reworking an appeal.

I think he is also still rehabbing from surgery.

In light of all the immediate PT waivers if he was denied that’s unconscionable

Bleich not being cleared yet is epic level bullspit. My god he’s been here since January.
There are tons of kids who still haven’t heard this is outrageous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom