Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart for UNC

Regarding OL, 4 of the 5 starters were the projected starters going into 2020.

There’s one hole which is Elmore but if he legit beat out Pat Davis then maybe he’s ok.

Besides depth and the 1 guard spot this is how it was always going to look unless Bleich was cleared).

Maybe it’s not that bad, though we CANT afford injuries.

Stunning and I am not sure just what is going on at the guard position. I know there are injuries, but just interested to learn the dynamics of how we got here also looking at the same soph tackle backing up both T positions at 260#. Had no idea it was this dire.
Injury to Dakota , assumed bliech was available, white has body issues and backups got hurt it’s called bad luck but there’s one positive they are the most critiscised unit in the country and hopefully they are angry and will rise up from being mentally bullied by everyone and play with heart and rage

You know what guys, I think this years group is going to surprise. I like our core and returning vets, and for once the LB position is a strength assumedly. I think our frosh at LB see time, but not as many snaps as the chart may suggest off the bat.

Lets try to relook at the depth chart. Im giddy to see what Jordan may open up in our pass game for receivers like nykheim and taj who only need a little space when they catch the ball to be a home run threat.

Injury to Dakota , assumed bliech was available, white has body issues and backups got hurt it’s called bad luck but there’s one positive they are the most critiscised unit in the country and hopefully they are angry and will rise up from being mentally bullied by everyone and play with heart and rage
The OL situation from last year plus the potential for similar issues this year BEGS for the role that Ervin Phillips had for Dino’s first 3 seasons. Tommy MUST have a safety valve with excellent hands that he can get the ball too for 5-7 yards when he needs. I do not understand why this role disappeared last year. Inexplicable that the former OC allowed this to happen. I hope Gilbert recognizes its importance.

Our OL looks really really really scary.
I mean that is bad.
We can’t play spread if that is our OL.

Gotta keep a TE in to help with blocking.

We really need the NCAA to allow Bletch.

I agree, a te and rb limiting our play book bc we are max protecting. Also, that TE is a 230# TE. Not ideal.

Regarding OL, 4 of the 5 starters were the projected starters going into 2020.

There’s one hole which is Elmore but if he legit beat out Pat Davis then maybe he’s ok.

Besides depth and the 1 guard spot this is how it was always going to look unless Bleich was cleared).

Maybe it’s not that bad, though we CANT afford injuries.

I agree. Comes down to play calling. Last year's play-calling with this group would be a problem, stubborness throwing downfield and not doing anything to stop the rush besides running up the gut for a yard or two and getting behind the chains.

Servais is an anchor, Bergeron has a year of experience w/ significant upside, Tisdale is the road grader at 342 pounds you typically see in Babers offense to clear a path. Elmore being the other G could lead to some intriguing screen situations to get Jordan in space that P. Davis may not offer. And Vet is agile as well.

Let's see what the offense tries to do against UNC and if Gilbert tries to get Cuse to play to its strengths (Jordan in space, using the entire field) instead of forcing things downfield or putting Tommy in terrible situations.

Pumped for Saturday!

A few thoughts:
  1. Excited (but not surprised) that Jordan is starting. He is our most explosive guy, as he is not just super fast, but super elusive (remember his Twitter was/is cuts on a dime)
  2. Surprised to see so many first-year guys (7!) on the 2-deep. Don't know if that's good or bad (probably a little or both). Probably not, but I wonder if there's any chance that S. Thompson is starting because 1st game is in his hometown
  3. Surprised that Elmore is starting, but hopefully that's because he's looked good, as he beat out P. Davis who I thought generally has looked decent whenever given a chance. I hope P. Davis is the 6th OL, including backup T, as a last-minute 1st year 265-pound recruit (Petry) playing this year scares me.
  4. Shocked that Richards isn't in the 2-deep. I wonder if something is going on behind the scenes or just having problems w/ the mental part of the game. He seemed tailor-made for this Defense.
  5. Interesting that Cisco is Rover and Trill is FS. Thought Trill was the better tackler. Hopefully, that means that the extra strength that the Cisco kid put on is helping w/ that.
  6. Surprising our scholarship P isn't starting. I hope he's not a bust or else that could be a waste of scholie for the next 5 years.

Like all your points and welcoming the season. One thing, Elmore isn't starting bc he has looked good and won the spot. Its injuries. No D1 program plays a 6' oline man.

Dude, you need to get over TE weights.
Dude, at H back and playing dynamic and pass catching, 230 is great. However if you also want to have them help in pass protection. then it IS an issue. Ate you also ok with a 267# backup tackle on both sides? While it doesn't write the whole script, measurables are needed and make an impact.

Dude, at H back and playing dynamic and pass catching, 230 is great. However if you also want to have them help in pass protection. then it IS an issue. Ate you also ok with a 267# backup tackle on both sides? While it doesn't write the whole script, measurables are needed and make an impact.
You're weirdly preoccupied with the weight of our back up tight end. This is what you're known for. Do you want to be the "our backup TE is too light" guy? Like, of every board persona you could be, that's the move?

You guys are totally missing this one in regards to Elmore. It is obvious that we are adding the fumblerooski to the playbook. Don’t tell UNC.
tenor.gif

brilliant!!

You're weirdly preoccupied with the weight of our back up tight end. This is what you're known for. Do you want to be the "our backup TE is too light" guy? Like, of every board persona you could be, that's the move?
Well said. I get this is a fan site and everyone gets a take. But when it’s stuff like the team being better without Elmore on the field, or TD just should have been better last season despite the obstacles, or our tight ends can’t block — that’s not opinion, just ignorance. As for our backup tight end, he has a chance to be one of the best SU has ever had.

Seriously? Just played and coached at a college level and understand the need for measurables. What's the problem? This is all a discussion about the team we all love and there will be takes not inline with your opinion and that's what it is opinion. We all and the world have all the negativity we need going on and this board should be a place to come and chat and Express our opinions about our favorite team. I have made many more comments on the forum other than a comment on our tight ends wgt. You like to take shots at me but haven't made a case for what we are debating about. So? Rather, you would rather label me instead of having an adult discussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom