Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ohio | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ohio

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

OhioDepth1.jpg

I like the use of all of the Or's. If kids don't see themselves on the depth chart they get nervous and think about leaving. I like throwing 3 dudes in there at a lot of positions if they have shown potential. Makes kids prep harder to be ready to see action. Also appears to be the order of who is really likey second and third string.

Ha. I could have wrote the offensive depth chart myself. Exactly what I though at every single position I think.

On defense the only surprises to me are Jobity as DT third team Or. Heard beating out Goddard for back-up MLB and not even an Or there. And i'm very surprised Bellamy is not a starter at CB and doesn't even get an Or. But i'm ok with that, that means we have some solid young talent.

Really looks like there will be tons of rotating on the DL. All except Diggs get an Or for first second and third string. And I expect even David O to come in on some passing downs here and there. Jobity at Or at DT means he probably plays more often against passing teams and on third downs. He'll still get plenty of action.

Last edited:
the 4 guys atop their position on the dline have a combined total jersey number of 34

weird lol
Yeah, I can see the smaller'ish rushing Ends getting low number but Tank with a #4 jersey seems odd to me. Even Hastings with a #9.

I like the use of all of the Or's. If kids don't see themselves on the depth chart they get nervous and think about leaving. I like throwing 3 dudes in there at a lot of positions if they have shown potential. Makes kids prep harder to be ready to see action. Also appears to be the order of who is really likey second and third string.

Ha. I could have wrote the offensive depth chart myself. Exactly what I though at every single position I think.

On defense the only surprises to me are Jobity as DT third team Or. Heard beating out Goddard for back-up MLB and not even an Or there. And i'm very surprised Bellamy is not a starter at CB and doesn't even get an Or. But i'm ok with that, that means we have some solid young talent.

Really looks like there will be tons of rotating on the DL. All except Diggs get an or for first second and third string. And I expect even David O to come in on some passing downs here and there. Jobity at Or at DT means he probably plays more often against passing teams and on third downs. He'll still get plenty of action.

Jobity is not third string from the way I read it. There are three guys vying for first string there. If the depth chart is accurate, they're going to play 6 guys at the DT spots.

Kinda shocked that not only is Marcellus Barnes STARTING at CB, cool for him!
but he's got 2 other Frosh DB's who made the 2-deep along with him.

Did not have that 2nd part on my bingo card.

Looks like Enrique Cruz is gonna hafta fight for minutes, after starting all last year.

Guess that Fran and Nixon saw what we all did - #18 at WR is gonna be a problem for our opponents.
Crazy that Ross came in during the summer and landed a spot on the 2-deep.
Kid is a stud.

Really looks like there will be tons of rotating on the DL. All except Diggs get an Or for first second and third string. And I expect even David O to come in on some passing downs here and there. Jobity at Or at DT means he probably plays more often against passing teams and on third downs. He'll still get plenty of action.
Or’s are participation trophies!

Jobity is not third string from the way I read it. There are three guys vying for first string there. If the depth chart is accurate, they're going to play 6 guys at the DT spots.
He's still listed 3rd in order there but they will rotate them pretty heavily. Yeah he'll see the field a lot still.

He's still listed 3rd in order there but they will rotate them pretty heavily. Yeah he'll see the field a lot still.

The placement of the "or"s would seem to matter. If they are on the second and third line in a position grouping, it would suggest that the starting position is very much still up for grabs between the three.

The placement of the "or"s would seem to matter. If they are on the second and third line in a position grouping, it would suggest that the starting position is very much still up for grabs between the three.
I think the guy on the 1 line is gong to be starting but they will heavily rotate the position so you get an Or on the second line and Or on the 3rd line.

Outside of the main items listed, our KR options look lethal.

If the ball can’t get into the end zone, I expect us to pick up an extra 5-10 yards on the KR than an average team.

Yeah it says "positions listed as OR are listed in numerical order by jersey number." So basically, there is no DT at the top of the depth chart at this moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom