Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ohio | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ohio

Ibn McDaniels getting an OR spot next to Bellamy is my biggest surprise of this first depth chart. He was a late add and thought of as a raw product needing development. Bellamy has been getting some hype so it’s very interesting that’s how it shook out. You wonder how much of this is roster management as opposed to what the actual depth chart is, which we will see play out over the first couple of games. Watson at DT and Ross at WR were both nice surprises too.

Didn’t think the back-up QB spot would be OR’d but it makes some sense.

Trevion Mack looks like he’s going to be a good player in the near future.

Umari Hatcher having such a nice camp and being a starter is really good to see. I’ll be honest and say that I did not see that coming in the spring. I had moved past him and looked for another player to take over, but it appears he stepped up. I’m excited for week 1!

Yeah it says "positions listed as OR are listed in numerical order by jersey number." So basically, there is no DT at the top of the depth chart at this moment.
Ohh nice catch. Didn't realize that. Thats interesting. But Simmons and Lesaine Jr. at DE don't follow this procedure.

Along with JRS and Dave W being injured I’m guessing Nwokocha is dinged up.

Other question is Heard over ZMG? Surprise or injury?

Ibn McDaniels getting an OR spot next to Bellamy is my biggest surprise of this first depth chart. He was a late add and thought of as a raw product needing development. Bellamy has been getting some hype so it’s very interesting that’s how it shook out. You wonder how much of this is roster management as opposed to what the actual depth chart is, which we will see play out over the first couple of games. Watson at DT and Ross at WR were both nice surprises too.

Didn’t think the back-up QB spot would be OR’d but it makes some sense.

Trevion Mack looks like he’s going to be a good player in the near future.

Umari Hatcher having such a nice camp and being a starter is really good to see. I’ll be honest and say that I did not see that coming in the spring. I had moved past him and looked for another player to take over, but it appears he stepped up. I’m excited for week 1!
I really loved Ibn's highlights. I think he'll be very good soon but considering he arrived in the summer certainly dindn't expect an Or on the second line with Bellamy of all people. I still expect Bellamy to play more but I think it is hopefully a nod to the kid looking good out there. Love Barnes and Ibn as freshman CB's in this class..

At some point it ceases to be a depth chart.
Yes.

I think with the transfer portal, coaches are more reluctant than ever to make any statement that might be construed by players as a negative.

I suspect some of the 'ors' we see here are driven more by fears the staff has of alienating players than reality.

And honestly, if that is what it takes to retain players, the staff should do it.

I wish the interior D line had some more beef. I think we’ll miss Braylen Ingraham. Hopefully the guys there will hold down the fort.

I think our DBs have a habit of getting beaten deep. I think that’s why we see Barnes and the other freshman where they are.

I totally expected ZMG there and I’m a bit disappointed he’s not. However, Heard is supposed to be talented, particularly at pass rush, so we’ll see how that shakes out.

Biggest name not on there because of injury in my opinion is Ross-Simmons. We’ll see how this group of WRs gets off the line but he’s a big strong body that can do damage. Let’s hope he can make a dent this year.

I wish the interior D line had some more beef. I think we’ll miss Braylen Ingraham. Hopefully the guys there will hold down the fort.

I think our DBs have a habit of getting beaten deep. I think that’s why we see Barnes and the other freshman where they are.

I totally expected ZMG there and I’m a bit disappointed he’s not. However, Heard is supposed to be talented, particularly at pass rush, so we’ll see how that shakes out.

Biggest name not on there because of injury in my opinion is Ross-Simmons. We’ll see how this group of WRs gets off the line but he’s a big strong body that can do damage. Let’s hope he can make a dent this year.
Braylen wasnt good last season. He's been struggling with injuries since he got to SU. We have 3 new starters in the secondary. What are you referring to when you say " getting beaten deep"?

So of the DL, the guy missing from the depth chart is Nwokocha the JUCO

Braylen wasnt good last season. He's been struggling with injuries since he got to SU. We have 3 new starters in the secondary. What are you referring to when you say " getting beaten deep"?

Bellamy? Cause he was iffy last year. I’m glad he’s on the 2 line.

No Greg Delaine… I was curious to see if he would make the chart.

There’s 10 new guys starting who were not with the program last year (transfers). Four an offense and six on defense, that’s a pretty big roster flip.

David Wohlabaugh Jr isn't ready yet, I guess... HCFB said he was on a snap count during camp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom