Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ohio | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 1 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ohio

We’ve got more “Ors” than a Phoenician galley war ship
Well Done Reaction GIF

Or is way better than "how about" or "maybe" or "possibly" or "still thinking" "can't make up my mind"

We are going go see a lot of Emmanuel Ross by the end of the year. And a healthy dose of Willis at RB2 by the end of the year. Not because of injuries either but because these kids are so good and are gonna be hard to keep off the field.

I reallllllly like this defense. I don’t think we have a clear STUD cornerback yet. But I think we have a lot of really good players at corner. I think Barnes or Grant will step up and be that clear CB1 by midseason.

Safties we are loaded. Barron, Clark and Chestnut is about as good as you can have.

Linebackers are real solid. Wax is a legit top 3 linebacker in the country and McDonald is a really solid player.

D-end is real solid. Diggs and Jaquez are real good. I think David O is going to really surprise some people. He is a freak athlete and I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s top 4 on the team in sacks by seasons end.

DT is my biggest concern. Not that really a big concern either. I think Dion Wilson is a really good player and he’ll be real solid. Hastings I think needs to prove himself a little. I like his potential but hasn’t really done anything on the field in college to date yet. I think Perry, Jobity and Fuentes are really solid on the 2 deep though. So if Hastings isn’t producing someone will be.

This defense has a lot of potential. This is by far one of the best all around teams we’ve had in legitimately probably decades. Fingers crossed with no injuries and that a new staff can put everything all together. I have some real hope for this season. I think we can make some noise not just in the ACC but in the country. The GT game will be a huge sign on how this season will go in my opinion.

I wish the interior D line had some more beef. I think we’ll miss Braylen Ingraham. Hopefully the guys there will hold down the fort.

I think our DBs have a habit of getting beaten deep. I think that’s why we see Barnes and the other freshman where they are.

I totally expected ZMG there and I’m a bit disappointed he’s not. However, Heard is supposed to be talented, particularly at pass rush, so we’ll see how that shakes out.

Biggest name not on there because of injury in my opinion is Ross-Simmons. We’ll see how this group of WRs gets off the line but he’s a big strong body that can do damage. Let’s hope he can make a dent this year.
I’m not worried about our back 7, LBs obviously are set and we have a lot of new talent in the defensive backfield, I think we are fine there. Ross-Simmons is healing from a hamstring injury, when he is healthy he will be a big weapon

We are going go see a lot of Emmanuel Ross by the end of the year. And a healthy dose of Willis at RB2 by the end of the year. Not because of injuries either but because these kids are so good and are gonna be hard to keep off the field.

I reallllllly like this defense. I don’t think we have a clear STUD cornerback yet. But I think we have a lot of really good players at corner. I think Barnes or Grant will step up and be that clear CB1 by midseason.

Safties we are loaded. Barron, Clark and Chestnut is about as good as you can have.

Linebackers are real solid. Wax is a legit top 3 linebacker in the country and McDonald is a really solid player.

D-end is real solid. Diggs and Jaquez are real good. I think David O is going to really surprise some people. He is a freak athlete and I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s top 4 on the team in sacks by seasons end.

DT is my biggest concern. Not that really a big concern either. I think Dion Wilson is a really good player and he’ll be real solid. Hastings I think needs to prove himself a little. I like his potential but hasn’t really done anything on the field in college to date yet. I think Perry, Jobity and Fuentes are really solid on the 2 deep though. So if Hastings isn’t producing someone will be.

This defense has a lot of potential. This is by far one of the best all around teams we’ve had in legitimately probably decades. Fingers crossed with no injuries and that a new staff can put everything all together. I have some real hope for this season. I think we can make some noise not just in the ACC but in the country. The GT game will be a huge sign on how this season will go in my opinion.

When a kid is on a Georgia or Alabama depth chart it’s the unknown. I like that Hastings is a redshirt soph and not a senior who hasnt produced. Bama stacks talent they had over 10 dlineman 290+ when Hastings was there. It’s go time for him.

Interesting with Nwokocha - wonder if he’s hurt or just slow in getting up to speed.

Hornsby cracks 2 deep. Haven't heard much about him in camp.

Figured that him showing up right at preseason camp was a factor in his overall readiness level, but will be interesting to see where things stand in, say, a month -- once he's more acclimated, knows the playbook a little better, and has shown the coaches what he can do.

Im referring to this years starters Lewis and Barnes. They havent played here yet. We havent seen Chestnut at Safety yet.
I hope he’s not at safety just to maximize his pro potential. We need players in the positions that best help the team.

One general impression is that I'm impressed how many guys that we're already on the team got spots on the chart. It was definitely impressive how Fran retained the talent already on the roster and it appears he gave them all a fair chance to compete. So many coaches are quick to get "their guys" in there, it appears FB knows that time will come, but the time now is to play the best 22 guys, no matter who initially recruited them.

LFGSU!

One general impression is that I'm impressed how many guys that we're already on the team got spots on the chart. It was definitely impressive how Fran retained the talent already on the roster and it appears he gave them all a fair chance to compete. So many coaches are quick to get "their guys" in there, it appears FB knows that time will come, but the time now is to play the best 22 guys, no matter who initially recruited them.

LFGSU!

Hatcher is a good example. Thought for sure Meeks would be starting - he's a Senior and came over specifically because of Fran.

Hatcher is a good example. Thought for sure Meeks would be starting - he's a Senior and came over specifically because of Fran.
I do think we need to temper our expectations for Meeks...he was at Georgia for 3 years and barely ever saw the field. Its entirely possible that he's just an average depth receiver. I hope he's more than that, but we'll see

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom