Game 2 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

Game 2 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Ga Tech

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
IMG_0699.jpeg

Last edited:
Only change is that the or is sorted by order of appearance.

Disappointed not seeing JRS again, I was really looking forward to him this year. Hopefully he can contribute soon for us.

Disappointed not seeing JRS again, I was really looking forward to him this year. Hopefully he can contribute soon for us.
I think jrs not being on depth chart is because that depth chart is from a week ago notice how wax is still on there

I expect some changes on D. On the interior DL, Watson showed out. Not just tipped passes, but he and tank were the only interior DL's to get [edit] consistent penetration. I hope they start and play the lion's share of the snaps against GT.

Behind the line, our LB's were at best mediocre. Can't fault MacDonald too much as he has some stops. But the good plays were overshadowed by missed tackles, overpursuit and poor formation adjustments. In the backfield, our soft zone was pillow soft. Owen had a field day and had no trouble running by our coverage including Duce, Cinco, Grant and a bunch of others. I thought Buxton looked good, and Barnes played well the second half. Barron did not play like the leader I know he can be. Mental errors, penalties, bad angles, you name it. He has to elevate his game for us to have success in conference.

ST KO returns were disappointing. Lots of supposed top line players just jogging around, not blocking, watching the ball carrier, etc. Have to be changes here for MJ to get launched. KO coverage and FG's seemed pretty good. Stonehouse had an excellent game.

Receivers were mostly what we expected, in a good way. OG had an amazing game and is a lethal weapon. Haynes is the real deal. Pena is finally reaching his potential and wreaked havoc on the Ohio secondary. And lastly, Meeks made a case to start with good blocking and great concentration on the ball. Unfortunately Hatcher reverted to old habits. [edit] Failure to come back for the ball, letting a guy get an INT next to him .. he has a tendency to give up on plays where the ball isn't perfectly thrown. Can't have that, no matter how good he looked in practice.

Last edited:
I expect some changes on D. On the interior DL, Watson showed out. Not only tipped passes, but he and tank were the only interior DL's to get penetration. I hope they start and play the lion's share of the snaps against GT.

Behind the line, our LB's were at best mediocre. Can't fault MacDonald too much as he has some stops. But the good plays were overshadowed by missed tackles and poor formation adjustments. In the backfield, our soft zone was pillow soft. Owen had a field day and had no trouble running by our coverage including Duce, Cinco, Grant and a bunch of others. I though Buxton looked good, and Barnes played well the second half. Barron did not play like the leader I know he can be. Mental errors, penalties, bad angles, you name it. He has to elevate his game for us to have success in conference.

ST KO returns were disappointing. Lots of supposed top line players just jogging around, not blocking, watching the ball carrier, etc. Have to be changes here for MJ to get launched. KO coverage and FG's seemed pretty good.

Receivers were mostly what we expected, in a good way. OG had an amazing game and is a lethal weapon. Haynes is the real deal. Pena is finally reaching his potential and wreaked havoc on the Ohio secondary. And lastly, Meeks deserves to start plain and simple. Good blocking and great concentration on the ball. Unfortunately Hatcher reverted to old habits. Drops, failure to come back for the ball, letting a guy get an INT next to him .. basically giving up on plays where the ball isn't perfectly thrown. How he played in practice is now irrelevant.
I think Rashard Perry got some penetration on more than a few plays.

Ok. I keep seeing Hatcher drops?

He was thrown at 3 times

one he caught

one was behind him on the sideline, and he barely got his hands up out of the break

one a throw up for grab that was poorly thrown that he could have fought harder and perhaps knocked down. It also ended up as a 50 yd play to the 14, better than a punt 90% of the time.

(Moons over my) Hammy’s can be tricky. Come back too quick and you can screw everything up. With the depth of our receiving room, I’d leave him out as long as possible. He could be a huge addition for a playoff run later in the year.

Ok. I keep seeing Hatcher drops?

He was thrown at 3 times

one he caught

one was behind him on the sideline, and he barely got his hands up out of the break

one a throw up for grab that was poorly thrown that he could have fought harder and perhaps knocked down. It also ended up as a 50 yd play to the 14, better than a punt 90% of the time.
No, see, you're forgetting, Hatcher has been designated as a guy that it's ok to dump on. It was shocking to some people that he didn't leave the program, and even more shocking to people that he hung on to his starting spot. People can't fathom that Hatcher may be a decent football player. He will get criticized excessively for mistakes and he will not get credit for anything positive he does. That's just how it works.

I don't get it either. But that's how it works.

No, see, you're forgetting, Hatcher has been designated as a guy that it's ok to dump on. It was shocking to some people that he didn't leave the program, and even more shocking to people that he hung on to his starting spot. People can't fathom that Hatcher may be a decent football player. He will get criticized excessively for mistakes and he will not get credit for anything positive he does. That's just how it works.

It’s stupid, he ran a comeback route and the ball was short and he had to dive for it, hard catch, not like it was on him. I saw him blocking consistently.

Yep, designated punching bag

Didn't mean to be overly harsh. He's 6-3 and has serious speed. As a holdover that the staff likes and second leading WR last year, we need him to play well. He shouldn't be judged based on one game (3 targets). I hope he develops timing with KM and plays to his potential, although (the point of my post) he has to clean up his route running and fight harder for throws that are 50/50 or slightly off-target, to stay ahead of the competition (JRS returning and Meeks looking so good).

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan.Oversl

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom