Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt

I'm not sure how we beat these guys without Pena. They are going to bring pressure all the time the ball is going to have to get out very fast. Pena is our guy for that. He might actually be the most important player on O after Kyle. This one really hurts to the point I won't touch Cuse on the bet
U could actually use allen in that way. He has the hands.

Pena just can’t make it through a season. Down to 2 reliable receivers that Kyle trusts. But pena was the guy that could stretch the field east-west. Sucks.

Now they can completely take OG out of the game.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

Duzzi will have watched what USF's meathead coach did to wildcat Villari in the bowl game and will have their D ready... I expect we'll give it a few tries but I wouldn't expect much from it.
I am glad to see that USF stinks again this year. They are getting an on campus stadium because they play in an empty Raymond James Stadium. The place is a mauseleom for their home games.

Pena just can’t make it through a season. Down to 2 reliable receivers that Kyle trusts. But pena was the guy that could stretch the field east-west. Sucks.
Time for someone else to step up. It's cliché, but they have to.

Is Ross healthy? I’d say unleash him. He’s not a freshman anymore. Time to step up.

This year the deep skill set on offense is receiving. OG, Meeks, Pena, Allen, Hatcher, Gill, Ross Simons, Ross, Zeed, Nixon and I'm probably missing a name or two. Plenty of talent.

According to Pro Football Focus, Peña has been targeted on 35 passes shorter than 10 yards this season. He has made receptions on 31 of them.

This is the stat that has me worried. Pena is the guy who really moves the chains for us. I really hope the others can step up and fill in admirably or we could be in for a long night.

Do we know if Pitt is dealing with any notable injuries? Or is just our guys that are hurt.
I watched the Pitt-Cal game. The Pitt OL was in bad shape. They had both tackles and one of the starting OGs out most of the game.

I think their normal starter at RT didn't play at all and the LT and LG were hurt during the game. That of course was more than a week ago and with the bye, I assume some of these guys might be better now.

The depth chart they released for the SU game has both guys hurt against Cal on it as starters. But we all know how much that means.

This is something to keep an eye on. I think one of the reasons Holstein played so poorly against Cal was because the Pitt OL was not able to pass block well.

Cal's TE had a big day catching the ball. Pitt did not do a good job covering him. OG might be getting a lot of targets tomorrow.

I still don't know how Pitt won this game. Cal had almost double the time of possession as Pitt did. They gained 150 yards or so more total yards. They had 7 more first downs. And Pitt had 2 turnovers and Cal had none! I think Cal missed a couple of FGs and failed going for 2 points after a TD.

Pitt has a great placekicker who made a 58 yard FG on the awful field they have there. If it comes down to kicking FGs, they have a massive advantage.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom