Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Game 7 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Pitt

I watched the Pitt-Cal game. The Pitt OL was in bad shape. They had both tackles and one of the starting OGs out most of the game.

I think their normal starter at RT didn't play at all and the LT and LG were hurt during the game. That of course was more than a week ago and with the bye, I assume some of these guys might be better now.

The depth chart they released for the SU game has both guys hurt against Cal on it as starters. But we all know how much that means.

This is something to keep an eye on. I think one of the reasons Holstein played so poorly against Cal was because the Pitt OL was not able to pass block well.

Cal's TE had a big day catching the ball. Pitt did not do a good job covering him. OG might be getting a lot of targets tomorrow.

I still don't know how Pitt won this game. Cal had almost double the time of possession as Pitt did. They gained 150 yards or so more total yards. They had 7 more first downs. And Pitt had 2 turnovers and Cal had none! I think Cal missed a couple of FGs and failed going for 2 points after a TD.

Pitt has a great placekicker who made a 58 yard FG on the awful field they have there. If it comes down to kicking FGs, they have a massive advantage.

Before the Cal game, Pitt has played teams that have been an average of 103rd in total defense. All garbage defenses. Cal was the first good defense they’ve faced, and Pitt did not look anything like they looked against every other team.

We only give up 19 yards per game more than Cal, and they have all those interceptions to stall drives.

On time of possession, they only had it for 21 1/2 minutes against Cal, but they only average 24 minutes for the season. (largely due to their quick strike offense). But conversely, other big play offenses like Miami are in the top 10 in time of possession. They are not great on third down. We need to keep everything in front of us and make them earn everything. (we also need to generate a pass rush).

We are number 6 in the country in time of possession. Better at that than any team Pitt has faced. (Pitt is #132, almost last ). We will be the best Offense and second best defense Pitt has faced. On offense, keep doing what we do. Keep the ball away. Pitt needed a few miracle comebacks (and an inexplicable result after being totally outplayed by Cal) to even be in the position they are in. They are a razors edge from being 3-3.

Pitt might indeed be a top 20 team, (don’t think so) but if we both play our best, we will be the team to expose them.

Before the Cal game, Pitt has played teams that have been an average of 103rd in total defense. All garbage defenses. Cal was the first good defense they’ve faced, and Pitt did not look anything like they looked against every other team.

We only give up 19 yards per game more than Cal, and they have all those interceptions to stall drives.

On time of possession, they only had it for 21 1/2 minutes against Cal, but they only average 24 minutes for the season. (largely due to their quick strike offense). But conversely, other big play offenses like Miami are in the top 10 in time of possession. They are not great on third down. We need to keep everything in front of us and make them earn everything. (we also need to generate a pass rush).

We are number 6 in the country in time of possession. Better at that than any team Pitt has faced. (Pitt is #132, almost last ). We will be the best Offense and second best defense Pitt has faced. On offense, keep doing what we do. Keep the ball away. Pitt needed a few miracle comebacks (and an inexplicable result after being totally outplayed by Cal) to even be in the position they are in. They are a razors edge from being 3-3.

Pitt might indeed be a top 20 team, (don’t think so) but if we both play our best, we will be the team to expose them.
Our Defense is not a whole lot differant. If it shows up better than Pitts we have a great chance for another upset.

Fran said his equilibrium is off. Ross on deck.
Season 4 Sport GIF by Friends

According to Pro Football Focus, Peña has been targeted on 35 passes shorter than 10 yards this season. He has made receptions on 31 of them.

This is the stat that has me worried. Pena is the guy who really moves the chains for us. I really hope the others can step up and fill in admirably or we could be in for a long night.
Meeks does this well .. has instinct to place himself just past the 1st down marker

and 15th in opponent 3rd down conversion. Thought we would be way worse with that stat.
Yes. I thought the same. And...
First down offense 23rd.
First down defense 13th. That one surprises me.

and 15th in opponent 3rd down conversion. Thought we would be way worse with that stat.
Me too we are, I believe, 110th in the country in stop rate, usually that would translate to a much worse 3rd down D than 15th. Guess the explosive plays given up have been the culprit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom