Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue | Syracusefan.com

Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
DepthPurdue.png

Somebody start proof reading for God's sake! "Joe" Cruz is a redshirt freshman now? With exactly the same body measurements as Enrique?! Also, get the hyphen correct on Carlos' jersey.

Did Linton play against Uconn? I feel like his coming out party is this week!

Banged up in camp, lapped by numerous better WRs on the depth chart.

Doesn't mean he can't help the team down the road. To me, having a starter from last year slide down the depth chart is a positive sign of talent improvement at that position.

WR position has taken a nice step forward so far, getting contributions from multiple guys and the drops are down (despite a couple against Ville). I worry a bit about not having an alpha type guy against the Clemsons, FSU and NDs of the world but still overall the early results have been very encouraging.

WR position has taken a nice step forward so far, getting contributions from multiple guys and the drops are down (despite a couple against Ville). I worry a bit about not having an alpha type guy against the Clemsons, FSU and NDs of the world but still overall the early results have been very encouraging.

Just thinking aloud here -- having a true #1 receiver is great.

But with QBs like Shrader who throw it accurately and excel at making plays on the move, I wonder if the importance of having an alpha go-to guy is reduced by having a group of guys who can get open and hang onto the ball.

Before anyone freaks out, Joe Cruz at LT is a typo. Those are Enrique Cruz's measurables and class year.
But he did play with the 2's at UCONN, right? I thought both Cruz's were in there with the 2s.

Joe Cruz never played. Not on participation list.
Interesting. My dad and I were at the game and commented on it because we had to look up his number. Is the participation report on cuse.com?

Interesting. My dad and I were at the game and commented on it because we had to look up his number. Is the participation report on cuse.com?

Maybe it was one of those things where a ST player had to wear a different jersey again?

We've been doing that a lot these first 2 games.

Nice to see starters like Mikel & Garrett on ST's - those dudes are playmakers, and in Mikel's case, showing he's a ST ace will help him land and stick in the MFL - just like Zaire.

I still cannot for the life of me understand why that muffed punt that landed in Mikel's hands couldn't be advanced for the TD??? Such a bizarre reversal.

Maybe it was one of those things where a ST player had to wear a different jersey again?

We've been doing that a lot these first 2 games.

Nice to see starters like Mikel & Garrett on ST's - those dudes are playmakers, and in Mikel's case, showing he's a ST ace will help him land and stick in the MFL - just like Zaire.

I still cannot for the life of me understand why that muffed punt that landed in Mikel's hands couldn't be advanced for the TD??? Such a bizarre reversal.

Can't advance a muff. Both NFL and NCAA rules.

If the returner had complete possession and then fumbled, it's a different story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom