Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue

Hey your on our board , you have to expect a little ribbing, I expect a close game that could be decided by a couple big plays . Pick 6 or scoop and score . Like our chances and you like yours , to be expected.
I can take the ribbing all day BUT I’m not saying you guys have no chance … you’re a quality football team. You showed Louisville that

Penn state lined up with big explosive four star DL all over the place. If your NT was PJ mustipher and you had chop robinson, Isaac etc I’d be worried. Penn states entire secondary was as good as your corners, Joey porter is better than Anyone on your defense and their DL is was big, explosive and not far off their secondary.

That’s an entire defense as good as your corners and linebackers. If Syracuse roster was Purdue’s roster I’d be saying the same thing.

Sorry but Penn States D while good is not Georgia or Alabama, I know their a fellow conference member but your talking like their the 85 Bears reincarnate.

This is not a team that comes in like Rutgers. Purdue’s offense has never struggled with anyone who tries to wreak havoc being smaller and faster. Purdue can be affected by players who have good size and are explosive for their size.

Take the loss to Wisconsin last year where Leo Chenal went nuts. Their DL went 275, 290, 285 against a worse Purdue front and then chenal came on delayed blitzes at 6’3” 255 and explosive for his size. It’s Wisconsin.. those guys were all as athletic as what you guys have but just much bigger.

Yeah, you've convinced me. We shouldn't even bother playing this game, aughta forfeit right now. :rolleyes:

Purdue is an unstoppable juggernaut that would beat Bama - at Bama.
It must have been a once in a century fluke that y'all lost to State Penn. At home.
Or Pedo St must be an all-world sorta team this season.

Sorry but Penn States D while good is not Georgia or Alabama, I know their a fellow conference member but your talking like their the 85 Bears reincarnate.
They’re not Georgia or alabama, and yet everything I said is still true lol. Go look at the size of their players, the recruiting pedigree etc. PJ mustipher was out after the Iowa game last year. He’s a playmaker on the level of George karlaftis.

Is mustipher the best NT ever? I’m not saying that. But he’s 6’4” 320 with elite explosiveness at his size. And you’re trying to sell me on a guy who is 270? That our offense put 24 on them and cant go for 31-35 on you? Come on man.

And pj had an alabama offer. Joey porter Jr. Will be a first rounder and the rest of their starting secondary is future pros.

Yeah, you've convinced me. We shouldn't even bother playing this game, aughta forfeit right now. :rolleyes:

Purdue is an unstoppable juggernaut that would beat Bama - at Bama.
It must have been a once in a century fluke that y'all lost to State Penn. At home.
Or Pedo St must be an all-world sorta team this season.
Nope. Was giving you reasons we can get to 31-35 on Syracuse. PJ mustipher is alabama compared to Anyone on your DL though.

Penn state lined up with big explosive four star DL all over the place. If your NT was PJ mustipher and you had chop robinson, Isaac etc I’d be worried. Penn states entire secondary was as good as your corners, Joey porter is better than Anyone on your defense and their DL is was big, explosive and not far off their secondary.

That’s an entire defense as good as your corners and linebackers. If Syracuse roster was Purdue’s roster I’d be saying the same thing.

PFF has our cornerback, Williams, being the 16th player picked in the draft. Porter is projected as a 3rd rounder.

They’re not Georgia or alabama, and yet everything I said is still true lol. Go look at the size of their players, the recruiting pedigree etc. PJ mustipher was out after the Iowa game last year. He’s a playmaker on the level of George karlaftis.

Is mustipher the best NT ever? I’m not saying that. But he’s 6’4” 320 with elite explosiveness at his size. And you’re trying to sell me on a guy who is 270? That our offense put 24 on them and cant go for 31-35 on you? Come on man.

And pj had an alabama offer. Joey porter Jr. Will be a first rounder and the rest of their starting secondary is future pros.

I tried to sell you on a guy who was 270 and said Purdue couldn't score 31-35? Could you point out that post cause I don't recall making either of those statements. My point is Penn State has a good D but nothing approaching Georgia or Bama. I get you want to pump them up because they beat you guys but if your HC didn't just abandon running the ball (ever) in the 2nd half you probably win that game.

I tried to sell you on a guy who was 270 and said Purdue couldn't score 31-35? Could you point out that post cause I don't recall making either of those statements. My point is Penn State has a good D but nothing approaching Georgia or Bama. I get you want to pump them up because they beat you guys but if your HC didn't just abandon running the ball (ever) in the 2nd half you probably win that game.
But where does Georgia come into it lol? I’m saying that if we can put 24 on a D with PJ mustipher in the middle, there will be a vacuum cause of a guy who is 270 in a 3-4. If you’re disagreeing, then you’re trying to sell me on the opposite

Depth charts are asinine, but even more asinine that Cooper is listed as a starting or back up wideout.

PFF has our cornerback, Williams, being the 16th player picked in the draft. Porter is projected as a 3rd rounder.
We will see where both are drafted. Porter looks much improved from the player I saw in games last year. I don’t think our outside receivers will be where this game happens though

But where does Georgia come into it lol? I’m saying that if we can put 24 on a D with PJ mustipher in the middle, there will be a vacuum cause of a guy who is 270 in a 3-4. If you’re disagreeing, then you’re trying to sell me on the opposite

Georgia comes into it because your description of the Penn State defense made it sound like that's who you played week 1. If you read your posts about them as a non Purdue or PSU fan you would be laughing. I am not trying to sell you on anything, I have little doublt Purdue will be able to move the ball and score. That said PJ Mustipher is irrelevant in this matchup and really this whole argument, your not a power run team and we don't have a dominant interior pass rush, this game isn't being won or lost by a DT.

Also PFF has SUs pass defense graded 34th (which I think is low and due to a couple big plays) and PSU graded 96th.

Georgia comes into it because your description of the Penn State defense made it sound like that's who you played week 1. If you read your posts about them as a non Purdue or PSU fan you would be laughing. I am not trying to sell you on anything, I have little doublt Purdue will be able to move the ball and score. That said PJ Mustipher is irrelevant in this matchup and really this whole argument, your not a power run team and we don't have a dominant interior pass rush, this game isn't being won or lost by a DT.
No it didn’t lol. It’s a secondary full of four stars who have panned out, a DL that’s the same. Mustipher makes it very difficult to have the run be a central threat.

You guys have playmakers as well, however up front you’re the polar opposite of a penn state team that I NEVER SAID was alabama straw man guy.

Purdue can get to 35. Your O is good too though, so they better be sure they don’t lose 42-35. I’m watching the Louisville game and it’s hard to tell because they suck bad but your QB and RB are nobody’s chump

My understanding is as follows: A punt that is fumbled CAN be advanced. A punt that is muffed CANNOT be advanced. The supposed logic is that in the case of a fumble the receiving team had possession of the ball and subsequently lost it - no different then a fumble on an offense - so the ball can be advanced by the recovering team. In the case of a muff the receiving team never actually possessed the ball. Since there was never any transfer of possession the ball can’t be advanced or the kicking team is essentially kicking the ball to themselves. Not saying I agree with it but I believe that’s the thinking behind it.

This is 100% correct.

Umm…that’s a penn st writer last year projecting what could happen this year.
So you’re saying Brown didn’t lead the nation in interceptions? What are your safeties credentials?

Also PFF has SUs pass defense graded 34th (which I think is low and due to a couple big plays) and PSU graded 96th.
Did SU play Oconnell lol? Do you guys even know he was 3rd rated passer in America last year in the regular season behind stroud and young? You appear to only know when you have a good player …

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom