Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue

he can sling the ball. he also throws into tight coverage a ton.. Whether we actually create tight coverage we will know about 12:20 sat.. If we dont he will make plays. PSU didnt pressure him at all for half the game. when they did he struggled. If we send guys and dont get there he will have a field day.

But I think Purdue will have issues stopping our offense the way its running now as well. I would be happy winning 42-40.

If Purdue wants to stop Tucker with a MLB thats an issue they for them.

Its week 3.. Week 1 UL tried more man D and got confused. Week 2 Uconn tried more zone and we carved that up. If Purdue wants to play it soft and let the Dline/MLB control the run thats better for us because we really want to be a running team at times.

One sided article- guess that is how they roll. Not that I would expect neutrality but not a peep really about their matchup beyond the headline.
Agreed.. no insight on the game at all. It is like they are from the “mighty big 10” so this will be a walk in the park for them. I hope their team is thinking like this.

he can sling the ball. he also throws into tight coverage a ton.. Whether we actually create tight coverage we will know about 12:20 sat.. If we dont he will make plays. PSU didnt pressure him at all for half the game. when they did he struggled. If we send guys and dont get there he will have a field day.

But I think Purdue will have issues stopping our offense the way its running now as well. I would be happy winning 42-40.

Its week 3.. Week 1 UL tried more man D and got confused. Week 2 Uconn tried more zone and we carved that up. If Purdue wants to play it soft and let the Dline/MLB control the run thats better for us because we really want to be a running team at times.
One of the stats that was interesting to me - so far we have given our opponents way less chances - TO’s help, but we’ve had the ball a lot. Balanced w run pass - we don’t care how we play - comfortable against both zone and man.

Being deadly in the red zone on O and super stingy on D is a great trend. Hopefully it continues this weekend

Penn state lined up with big explosive four star DL all over the place. If your NT was PJ mustipher and you had chop robinson, Isaac etc I’d be worried. Penn states entire secondary was as good as your corners, Joey porter is better than Anyone on your defense and their DL is was big, explosive and not far off their secondary.

That’s an entire defense as good as your corners and linebackers. If Syracuse roster was Purdue’s roster I’d be saying the same thing.

Does it have something to do with maybe you can't just punt the ball like at someone, they can't catch it, and it's a "fumble"

Like I could see one of these Rugby guys teeing up a line-drive with some skill AT a player on the other team?

No idea just spit-ballin' here

I hope they do cuz the longer more efficient sustained drives we have the less that kid will be able to sling it and the more desperate and erratic there play calling will become. Let’s pound the rock and control possession. Although vs a big 10 D I don’t know how much of that will be successful. We shall have all our answers Saturday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom