Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Game 3 Depth Chart / Game Notes | Purdue

Tbh…I love this thread. Reminds me of Va Tech week in the mid 90s. Love having other fans coming here to talk smack.

Nobody visits the site of a team you know you’re going to gobsmack. UConn fans have to argue with themselves every week.

They just felt very dismissive of the teams positives. Like saying every player on the Penn St. defense was better than our corners. That's an atrocious take.
Let's hope their coaches and players think the same way.

He’s made 1 tackle and has an average PFF grade which is lower than their other DL guys.
He might be a run stuff guy, plug up the middle and play in the 0 tech. I know nothing about him, but I do know we already faced two such guys with Louisville at the nose (Desmond Tell and Jermayne Lole)

OK, I haven't read all 9 pages of this yet, but...

D’Marcus Adams - not on the 2 deep. I haven't seen any talk about his spectacular TD catch at UConn. This guy spent 2 years at FSU and compiled no statistics (RS, then never appeared in a game). A year at FAU, no statistics. Last SEASON, caught 2 passes at FAU and 3 kick returns.

Was UConn his first appearance at SU? And he scores a long TD on a streaking post pattern? Still not on the 2 deep though. I know Michael Johnson brought him in from FAU.

As to us on D… we may find out if Louisville is just kinda bad or really bad like I think
Welcome back, boilerD. What did you think happened on that last drive when Penn State quickly marched down the field for the winning TD?

I was hoping your team would win...

OK, I haven't read all 9 pages of this yet, but...

D’Marcus Adams - not on the 2 deep. I haven't seen any talk about his spectacular TD catch at UConn. This guy spent 2 years at FSU and compiled no statistics (RS, then never appeared in a game). A year at FAU, no statistics. Last SEASON, caught 2 passes at FAU and 3 kick returns.

Was UConn his first appearance at SU? And he scores a long TD on a streaking post pattern? Still not on the 2 deep though. I know Michael Johnson brought him in from FAU.
We don't have a marquee wide receiver, but we have a lot of good receivers, he is among them. They will all get opportunities.

Of course he is. I would expect nothing less. We all try to be objective, but I know I can't take off my orange colored glasses. It's annoying, but let's cut this guy some slack. I'm glad he has come to our board to talk some football.
Talking football? He would throw in little compliments to stay in good faith but he was obviously trolling. You have to recognize the difference. He knows what happens when you come on to another teams fan board. He should expect nothing less as well.

Talking football? He would throw in little compliments to stay in good faith but he was obviously trolling. You have to recognize the difference. He knows what happens when you come on to another teams fan board. He should expect nothing less as well.
I know, brother. He’s a Boilermaker fan. He’s counting stars and watching weights instead of watching games and understanding schemes. It’s all good. I defer to your football knowledge, but I know what I see in this team. They are driven and they are special. They have STRONG leadership and they have purpose. And, they are locked in on Purdue.

When I coached in Indiana, not many people had very kind things to say about Purdue. Locals told a running joke that said when you go to West Lafayette you either leave with a wife or a new farm animal. You’re just not sure which one it is when you left.

Not saying I agree with it, just reporting what was said

Last edited:
What's worse? SU with the flub, putting Joe Cruz in at #2 LT. Or, Nunes believing it and writing an article about it; saying RS Frosh Joe Cruz is now the backup at LT, and Enrique Cruz, the backup at RT.

When I coached in Indiana, not many people had very kind things to say about Purdue. Locals told a running joke that said when you go to West Lafayette you either leave with a wife or a new farm animal. Your just not sure which one it is when you left.

Not saying I agree with it, just reporting what was said
That’s hot.

They see a bigger one in practice every day
Shocked Vince Mcmahon GIF

I feel like were playing Penn State this weekend after this discussion. This has to be the most bizarre fan interaction before a game since Superpurplecat or RutgersAl

No, RuthersAl was on crack but we at least understood what he was saying.

Iv never actually met a true big ten fan before that read proved to me all the stereotypes are true!

The big glaring difference between them and you guys is the DL. There’s is a strength and explosive for a large size. Yours is small. There will be back 8 players getting sucked to the LOS. That’s not good against an offense like Purdue’s.

If you don’t disagree with the above what’s the issue …
Eight players sucked to the LOS for what? Your crappy RBs or your QB that can’t run? DL is an issue, but that is the least important unit when considering your offense. There are three CBs and a S in this secondary that will be day 1 or 2 picks. Jones and Wax will spend a decade suiting up in the NFL. I like our chances and I don’t think the game will be particularly close given then way your superstar QB has been playing without NFL WRs to throw to.

So I'm guessing boilerD went back to the homer lounge for a few drinks with rutgersal.

Last year the SU 3-3-5 finished 38th in the nation vs the run- PSU and their big dominant DL and one man wrecking crew Mustipher was 70th. Against the Pass SU was 34th to Penn State 16th.

In 2 games this year SU is 46th rushing and 17th passing and PSU 26th and 78th i PSU only 1 TO generated in total, SU 5.
so few games that stats dont tell much..

But given 2 is all we have..
UL ran for 137 and then 220 vs UCF
Uconn ran for 245/274 and then 97.

When you hold teams to 1-200 under their other games you have done OK.

on thing the rushing stats show is that playing BC gets you into the top 5..

so few games that stats dont tell much..

But given 2 is all we have..
UL ran for 137 and then 220 vs UCF
Uconn ran for 245/274 and then 97.

When you hold teams to 1-200 under their other games you have done OK.

on thing the rushing stats show is that playing BC gets you into the top 5..

Also 69 of the cards 137 were on 4 runs including that 36 yd td run.

The big glaring difference between them and you guys is the DL. There’s is a strength and explosive for a large size. Yours is small. There will be back 8 players getting sucked to the LOS. That’s not good against an offense like Purdue’s.

If you don’t disagree with the above what’s the issue …
Respectfully, I think you need to do a bit more research on the 3-3-5 and attributes that make it successful. Clue #1 - It isn't strictly size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom