Game 5: Am I the only one put off that ARod sits while Granderson still starts. | Syracusefan.com

Game 5: Am I the only one put off that ARod sits while Granderson still starts.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Both should sit or both should play. My opinion is that Granderson looks a lot worse than ARod. Either way, there are still seven other guys in the line up who need to step up. Yankees have been wasting a lot of great pitching.

No, you aren't the only one. I know it's fun for Yankee fans to pile on ARod, and his AB in the 8th was dreadful, but Kurtis hasn't had a good AB in a month. I guess the hope with him is he can still run into a mistake and hit it out.

Cano has gone from red hot to ice cold in the span of 3 off days. Swisher is back to gagging in big playoff ABs. Ichiro hasn't hit well outside of his 1st AB in Baltimore, Tex has a few inconsequential hits so far. Someone needs to step up tonight and square up a pitch or two, and stop letting the opposing pitchers off the hook by chasing crap.

Both should sit or both should play. My opinion is that Granderson looks a lot worse than ARod. Either way, there are still seven other guys in the line up who need to step up. Yankees have been wasting a lot of great pitching.
Granderson's swing of a ball that hit right behind the plate was the last straw for me. Even the commentators said that a lot of these guys are trying to hit it out of the park too much. His stance in the box looks ugly too. I thought the Yankees had a batting coach.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...kees-for-game-5-baltimore-orioles-alds-101212

There's no patience at the plate right now.

if a lefty was pitching I bet Granderson would be on the bench

If you bench Grandy, who plays CF?

Ibanez is a liability in the OF.

I'm almost ready to throw Gardner out there and hope he can bunt his way on base. Couldn't be a bigger hole in the lineup than Grandy.

Yeah to be fair I'm not a Yankee fan so I don't know their bench. Who is the backup CF?

That's the thing. Ichiro could play CF, but you'd be putting him in an unfamiliar position and lose something defensively. Gardner really hasn't played so I don't see how his bat would be an upgrade right now. And putting Ibanez in the field is asking for trouble and not worth the risk in an elimination game.

Could Mattingly fly in for a one day gig as hitting instructor?

That's the thing. Ichiro could play CF, but you'd be putting him in an unfamiliar position and lose something defensively. Gardner really hasn't played so I don't see how his bat would be an upgrade right now. And putting Ibanez in the field is asking for trouble and not worth the risk in an elimination game.
Hey, I hope that Grandy proves me wrong, but I see nothing wrong with putting Gardner in the lineup. Why have him on the post season roster if you don't feel comfortable using him.

Hey, I hope that Grandy proves me wrong, but I see nothing wrong with putting Gardner in the lineup. Why have him on the post season roster if you don't feel comfortable using him.

Gotta save him as a pinch runner when one of the starters gets on base late. Oh wait.

I thought i read, at least before, that he couldn't swing the bat. I assume he can swing it now or else they wouldn't put him on the roster, but how mnay AB has he had over the past few months?

I thought i read, at least before, that he couldn't swing the bat. I assume he can swing it now or else they wouldn't put him on the roster, but how mnay AB has he had over the past few months?

He got like 2 or 3 in mop up duty against Boston the last series. I think he even got a hit, so he's hot!

Cano needs to be benched, his playoff history is worse then Arod's, and he proved in this series how bad he is. The other thing is he is the only yankee, who doesn't run hard to first base. Maybe if he sits he'll get over his Prima Donna act.

Cano needs to be benched, his playoff history is worse then Arod's, and he proved in this series how bad he is. The other thing is he is the only yankee, who doesn't run hard to first base. Maybe if he sits he'll get over his Prima Donna act.
Very talented but not great.

He doesn't get it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom