Game Day to UCF | Syracusefan.com

Game Day to UCF

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
Usually we would have heard the next ESPN GameDay announcement by now. The delay makes me think they are working on SU-ND as the game. Just takes a little more planning and logistics due to NYC location.

If it were UCF-Cinci they would have announced it by now. Super easy to host it on UCF’s campus and the school would welcome them with open arms.

I’m guessing NYC is choice #1 and UCF is the backup if they can’t pull off the NYC logistics.

Chris Fowler may have spilled the beans in a response on twitter telling UCF fans to chill out, they won’t be disappointed.
Some think he was talking about gameday, but contextually in the thread, he may have been speaking to a prime time tv slot. Who knows.

Theres gotta be a place they could set up in the stadium and let the first however many fans that show up in early

UCF seems to believe they are getting Game day makes sense with Notre Dame having the game on NBC.

Theres gotta be a place they could set up in the stadium and let the first however many fans that show up in early
They wouldn’t do it in the stadium.

Have GameDay ever had a featured game on another channel? I don't see NBC giving this game up.

Have GameDay ever had a featured game on another channel? I don't see NBC giving this game up.

They were in Jacksonville for Florida/Georgia this year. That game was on CBS

The game stays on NBC. Gameday doesn’t have to be on espn family. They’ve done numerous gamedays for nbc and cbs games

Not happening. They're not letting in people at 8 AM for a 2:30 game.

Macomb Dam Park is right across the street from the Stadium. It is the site of the old Stadium. WFAN held its FanFest there before one of the Subway Series games this year. If GameDay does come for SU-ND, it seems like a natural spot. It's really big with softball and soccer fields.

Its crazy this is even being discussed this game should definitely get Gameday, I think they pick UCF game but everybody knows what the biggest game in the nation is this coming week.

Nothing is impossible as long as you're willing to write a big enough check.

How much is ESPN willing to spend to promote a game that's on NBC?

Not happening. They're not letting in people at 8 AM for a 2:30 game.
Yes, this is the reason. GD ends at noon. Not enough time to get non-ticketed people out for a 2:30 game.

Nothing is impossible as long as you're willing to write a big enough check.

How much is ESPN willing to spend to promote a game that's on NBC?
They did week 1 when they were in SB for Michigan-Notre Dame.
They did when they went to Jacksonville for CBS game of Georgia-Florida.
They did it for CBS game of Alabama-LSU.

They go to other stations games. ND-SU is a no brainer with this week’s slate.

There is a park directly across from the Stadium. Baseball fields. That would be a likely place...

TCU game was in arlington and gameday was on campus.. so not having it in the stadium not a big deal.. host in it central park that might be cool
Yeah, but the TCU-OSU game was a night game allowing fans the ability to get to both sites. Too difficult for the SU game in NYC with it being at 2:30. They need to have GD close to Yankee Stadium if you want any SU or ND fans there. Other option is to just have an NYC GD and fill it with general college football fans. Not sure they want to do that.

Yeah, but the TCU-OSU game was a night game allowing fans the ability to get to both sites. Too difficult for the SU game in NYC with it being at 2:30. They need to have GD close to Yankee Stadium if you want any SU or ND fans there. Other option is to just have an NYC GD and fill it with general college football fans. Not sure they want to do that.
They can do CGD right near the bat across from YS.
There are spots. Where the hell is Kaiser?