Game Day Vaccination Policy... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Game Day Vaccination Policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know that SU has the space, the personnel, the expertise or the money to take this on.

It would be great if the county was willing to do it. Or someone like Wegman's. Everyone is hurting for employees right now and trying to get something big like this in place would be a huge challenge.

Just trying to host football games with 40K of fans arriving on campus in the middle of a pandemic is already a lot to take on. Not sure SU has enough workers to staff the concession areas, handle security, take tickets, serve as ushers, etc.

I do not think they have the resources either. The county definitely needs to jump in and support. The bills pulled it off but they had the support of the city to do it.

I think any events in the Northeast will require a negative test for the forseeable future but especially this winter.

They just have to make it easy to get them like getting a cup of coffee. Valid for 48 hours and cost around $10 bucks.

I'd expect them to bring in testing booths and the like in the next month before the home opener. Just a matter of who is going to pay/staff it.

I have 3 young kids and have been able to get them tests over the last year very easily. We go in the morning and either get them back overnight or early the next morning. It really isn't the hardship people think it is.

The only negative is my oldest hates the covid test more than she loves football games.

I've seen a few times in here where posters are implying the covid vaccine doesn't work. Based on vaccinated hospitalization rates that just isn't true. Stop spreading lies and covid.

I'm guessing this may get deleted, so please delete the misinformation as well.

I have 3 young kids and have been able to get them tests over the last year very easily. We go in the morning and either get them back overnight or early the next morning. It really isn't the hardship people think it is.

The only negative is my oldest hates the covid test more than she loves football games.

The tests are easy for us as well. Although I just did get out first ever test for anyone in the family for my son’s summer camp this week. But it was really easy and quick.

I've seen a few times in here where posters are implying the covid vaccine doesn't work. Based on vaccinated hospitalization rates that just isn't true. Stop spreading lies and covid.

The vaccine obviously works. Future variants, who knows.

I still have some worry about longer term unknown impacts from a vaccine that moved thru the process so quickly, but figured it was better than the possible alternative.

What’s wrong with America. We have the best medical resources. We have the vaccinations. They are proven to work. Other nations not so fortunate.

and we r told to be tolerant of unvaccinated people. Maybe we should be tolerant of those they drive in the left side of the road cause America is the home of the free

If you want to be in your seat to see the team run out from the tunnel against Rutgers, I’d recommend shutting down the tailgate at around 11 am.

Ya exactly, unless there is a much reduced crowd from either a loss to Ohio (god I hope not but certainly possible) or from people who are skittish about COVID, I fully expect the first few games to be an absolute Cluster. I was fortunate enough to attend some lax games this spring and while it was smooth then, that was for a few hundred folks at best. Be prepared for an epic meltdown the first time a parent with little kids realizes he can't get in without a test, its likely to be youtube level quality.

I think any events in the Northeast will require a negative test for the forseeable future but especially this winter.

They just have to make it easy to get them like getting a cup of coffee. Valid for 48 hours and cost around $10 bucks.

I'd expect them to bring in testing booths and the like in the next month before the home opener. Just a matter of who is going to pay/staff it.

I wouldn't hold my breath on your last sentence, as Tom noted SU is having issues just getting people to staff the Dome itself. There not set up to take something like that on.

The vaccines work amazingly well!

At keeping the vast majority of people from getting hospitalized, or dying.

It also dramatically reduces - but doesn’t eliminate - the chances of getting infected.

For the original variant, it also dramatically reduced the chances of spreading it.
Delta is much more contagious, so the vaccines aren’t as effective there.

But, again, they are HIGHLY EFFECTIVE at keeping you out of thr hospital.
Or the morgue.

Saying “vaccines don’t work”
is like saying
“airbags and seatbelts don’t work - you can still get in a car accident, and maybe even die”.

The problem is - unvaccinated people are effectively playing bumper-cars while driving on the highway, and with NO airbags or seatbelts.

Are cases rising up there? They're skyrocketing down where I am, but vaccination rates are low here.

I'm in PA but as of last week cases were trending up identical to last year and I've got friends working in the medical industry that have confirmed. Went from close to no cases in hospitals to floors full once again. Again the positive here is the mortality rate isn't anywhere near where it was.

The vaccine obviously works. Future variants, who knows.

I still have some worry about longer term unknown impacts from a vaccine that moved thru the process so quickly, but figured it was better than the possible alternative.
Tell the unvaccinated that account fir 90% in the hospitals. Tell the children that r gonna be exposed the variant and the potential of virulent variants have hat the unvaccinated host. Mutations are the way Mother Nature ensures the survival of the fit and else eliminates that which can not procreate as effectively. This is just the beginning and the he only hope Homo sapiens have is their ability to produce vaccinations that shut down the virus that and prevent those that are not controllable: the future is now.Yogi said the future is not what it used to be!

Last edited:
Reactions: FAL
I don't know that SU has the space, the personnel, the expertise or the money to take this on.

It would be great if the county was willing to do it. Or someone like Wegman's. Everyone is hurting for employees right now and trying to get something big like this in place would be a huge challenge.

Just trying to host football games with 40K of fans arriving on campus in the middle of a pandemic is already a lot to take on. Not sure SU has enough workers to staff the concession areas, handle security, take tickets, serve as ushers, etc.

Think the positive flip side is there are enough in society that feel passionately about the positives of vaccines and/or proper testing that they'd be willing to work these jobs vs other jobs paying identical.

Covid vaccines work to a point but aren't bullet proof especially with Delta and whatever mutation comes next.

Think it all depends on people's head space going in. Even vaccinated, I'd still want a negative test and willingly wear a mask to know that I have put you and your 3 children in as little risk as possible if I were sitting next to you. But again, I've always been much more concerned with potentially infecting others vs getting it myself. I've obviously never met your kids but promise 100% I care about their well being, and my children's over my own.

Tell the unvaccinated that account fir 90% in the hospitals. Tell the children that r gonna be exposed the variant and the potential of virulent variants have hat the unvaccinated host. Mutations are the way Mother Nature ensures the survival of the fit and else eliminates that which can not procreate as effectively. This is just the beginning and the he only hope Homo sapiens have is their ability to produce vaccinations that shut down the virus that and prevent those that are not controllable: the future is now.Yogi said the future is not what it used to be!

I thought I was the only one that (sometimes) started drinking at 9 am.

Most Northeast events aren't indoors. The blessing and curse of having a roof on the stadium show here in ways no one could have predicted when the cranes showed up to replace the dome roof

Thought the same then realized it is only the unvaccinated that need to be tested. And only those who don’t choose to be tested before the game would need to be accommodated. With 65% of all county residents and nearly 78% of those over 18 vaccinated I think it would be more manageable.

Well, if anyone knows a "healthcare provider," preferably located in the eastern Syracuse area, offering 15 to 1 hour rapid tests, I'd appreciate a pm with the info? So far all i have noted is a clinic on Seymour Street, and maybe the WellNow urgent care centers.

It would be awesome if SU teamed up with the University or Crouse, or even used their own Health Services Department, to roll out these rapid tests on game day.
I think the Syracuse Mets were doing them on game day, in the parking lot.

Fewer children congesting the concourses is okay with me.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Excellent way of thinking.

You may change your mind when my kids are knocking over your dome dog and beer 3rd quarter.

Nah, I'd offer to take em for a walk with mine and get ice cream. We could rotate by quarter and each catch half a game.

rapid testing is offered almost everywhere here.
We've done the Walgreens rapid tests before in the drive thru but problem is they didn't come back in 6 hours it was more like 24 hours. Really wish they would accept the home tests, would be so much easier for people with kids.

Best bet might be Golisano at Community they had the cheek swab PCR tests for kids, but again will I get it back in 72 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.