Game Day Vaccination Policy... | Syracusefan.com

Game Day Vaccination Policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie44

Walk On
So, FYI to those of you with children under the age of 12, I just got off the phone with the ticket office. They informed me that if you have children that are under the vaccination age cutoff threshold, you must provide proof of a negative test for them as well as for adults. Masks will not do. So for those keeping score, the only "free" tests are at OnCenter, during the school day, by appointment only. You pay out of pocket at places like WellNow unless you have symptoms, with tests costing $150 a pop, per kid, per week.

I'm vaccinated, this isn't a rant against the vaccine. This policy is absolutely absurd seeing as they don't need a vaccine to go to elementary, middle school, or high school. I am 41 and have had my own season tickets since graduating from college, and had season tickets growing up. It's getting to a point where colgate, cornell, and D3 games are more appealing looking.

Would love if this could be a mature discussion but seems unlikely which is unfortunate because this is very relevant information.

That said, are these official? Like pretty much everything, the situation is fluid so I imagine the protocols follow the same trajectory. Within how many days of the game is a negative result needed?

So, FYI to those of you with children under the age of 12, I just got off the phone with the ticket office. They informed me that if you have children that are under the vaccination age cutoff threshold, you must provide proof of a negative test for them as well as for adults. Masks will not do. So for those keeping score, the only "free" tests are at OnCenter, during the school day, by appointment only. You pay out of pocket at places like WellNow unless you have symptoms, with tests costing $150 a pop, per kid, per week.

I'm vaccinated, this isn't a rant against the vaccine. This policy is absolutely absurd seeing as they don't need a vaccine to go to elementary, middle school, or high school. I am 41 and have had my own season tickets since graduating from college, and had season tickets growing up. It's getting to a point where colgate, cornell, and D3 games are more appealing looking.
which is pretty much gonna have much the same policy.. pretty sure cornell is anyway. everyone wearing a mask is my assumption these days. not sure I would take anyone without a shot out into these crowds just to watch a game right now.

This policy is absolutely absurd seeing as they don't need a vaccine to go to elementary, middle school, or high school.
I mean...there's sort of a difference here? Schools are essential, football is not. Schools are working to maintain 3 feet of space between desks, Football games we are sort of on top of each other (at least there is potential for it)? I see your point of view, and would likely be frustrated if I had younger kids. There are just no good solutions sadly.

Two of the four in my group are under 12. I anticipated needing masks for the kids, and negative rapid tests, which I was going to purchase from my local drugstore or Amazon, but now the adults need to be tested too? That's going to get pricey.

Will the rapid antigen tests work- BinaxNOW?

Two of the four in my group are under 12. I anticipated needing masks for the kids, and negative rapid tests, which I was going to purchase from my local drugstore or Amazon, but now the adults need to be tested too? That's going to get pricey.

Based on the info I received you only need a test if you aren't vaccinated.

Yeah, tests for for unvaccinated only

If not they would think they would need to be running a testing operation for everyone

What is going to count as proof of vax tho? I live in NJ I dont have that excelsior pass. Can I show them my cards from NJ then?

What is going to count as proof of vax tho? I live in NJ I dont have that excelsior pass. Can I show them my cards from NJ then?
1628531656425.png

considering how many businesses are trying to make getting a shot to make life easier, it may well be for many to get the shot. getting tested 1-2x a week is gonna be a time sync and a pain against just getting a shot to avoid all the hassle.

Will the the vaccine be FDA Approved by September 11 for Rutgers? I think this is what may be holding some up from getting the shot.

I believe the current plan is to accept whatever proof of vaccination is presented, as long as it looks official.

I think a picture of your vaccination card is going to work, at least if you are from out of state.

its free at places like Walgreens and cvs.

From a pure logistics standpoint, I gotta believe this means arriving EARLY to games now. Used to be head up from Fine at...I dunno...maybe 20 min before kick? May need to double that now, at least for Rutgers, until we can feel it out.

Wish they could get emergency approval for kids under 12 done relatively soon. Seems like Pfizer is a mid-fall event at best. Have an 11 and 9 year old. Makes it difficult to bring them to games. Think I may be spreading out in my seats solo for part of the season at current rate...

Can't imagine at home testing kits for PCR will be allowed -- will need to go elsewhere and bring results?

I'm in CT and my vaccine info is loaded through mychart (yale system). NJ has its own app now too for their results. Most folks should be able to have some kind of digital record for your vaccine if you look hard enough. Either that or the card + photo of it probably will suffice.

Was looking this up today so appreciate any insight folks share and looking forward to hearing entry procedure experiences from fan fest. Certainly gets much more involved for those with younger children and those from out of state.

I think it's the right move -- especially in an indoor venue. If you really want your 10 year old to come, then carve out a little time to make a run over to Walgreens/CVS the week before the game. Very easy thing to do to ensure that the kids in the Dome aren't spreading the virus.

Per this page the over the counter tests will not work. Has to be from a healthcare provider which stinks.

Dome Policy

Will the the vaccine be FDA Approved by September 11 for Rutgers? I think this is what may be holding some up from getting the shot.
sounds like a few weeks for pfizer to get full approval, moderna should happen soon after and hopefully 5 to 11 yeatr olds can get vaxed by november

There are home test kits that are accepted by US Customs. Will they take those, if you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.