Gameday Experience | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Experience

BlazeOrange

Starter
The new seats have their own thread, but they aren't the only change. Please add thoughts on music, video packages, fan interaction during lulls in the action, etc.

What's new, what did they keep, what works and what needs to change?

Volume was way too loud on music and mics. Might have been worse.

But at least the remote mic wasn’t a high pitched voice, just too loud.

No more fountain drinks, bottles only.

Twice they tried an on field activity with fans and in both cases the music started up out of nowhere in the middle of the activity and drowned it out. Really poorly done.

2/3rds of the students left at halftime.

Did they do anything with Otto? Cheerleaders too. It was like they weren’t there.

Twice they tried an on field activity with fans and in both cases the music started up out of nowhere in the middle of the activity and drowned it out. Really poorly done.

Did they do anything with Otto? Cheerleaders too. It was like they weren’t there.
Otto ran the game ball ftom endzone to endzone bf game. Idk if they’ve done that before but it wasn’t bad. The set-up of a pre taped video of a drone delivering ball to outside of Done was weak though.

Attachments

• IMG_4386.jpeg
    IMG_4386.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 84
The grab and go for the drinks was so easy by my section. I was back to my seats after grabbing drinks in 3 mins. And love the fact they have a wide variety of seltzers now so you’re not forced to drink beers. I didn’t connect to wifi but the cell service was exceptional to send photos and videos. Overall it was a great day in the dome

Does anyone's tap work at the beer only coolers? Six people in a row tried and failed yesterday. Penny ante issue but in a speed biz that slows a line down.

Co-sign. SU hasn’t figured out that a little silence during a timeout etc is okay! I couldn’t talk with my friends without shouting. Not against music but holy smokes give us a break once in awhile, and turn down the volume a touch.

More band/cheerleaders, please. And some day, someone will also need to explain why we feel we even need an in game host…

New seats are incredible.

Co-sign. SU hasn’t figured out that a little silence during a timeout etc is okay! I couldn’t talk with my friends without shouting. Not against music but holy smokes give us a break once in awhile, and turn down the volume a touch.

More band/cheerleaders, please. And some day, someone will also need to explain why we feel we even need an in game host…

New seats are incredible.
I agree. The speakers need to be turned down a few notches. Makes it difficult to talk with others around you without feeling like you have to yell at them

They replaced the girl on the microphone with a young guy. He did well enough. I just wish they could have someone do this who has a deeper, more resonant voice. High voices are deadly at that volume.

Bought a Juice Bomb at the beverage station behind 319 and it was skunked. I tossed it and told the worker there. He smiled and said that a few people had complained. Suggested they check it and take it off sale and he just continued smiling and walked away.
And for a while the water was not running in the restrooms in the same area. Apparently toilets wouldn’t flush in the women’s room and hand wash stations had no water. Was fixed by the fourth quarter

The counter person at the concession I went to did not speak English. Honestly he had no idea what I was asking. Seems like that should be a prerequisite.

Since I rarely, if ever, go back out during halftime

What is the thing with so many people just going out to hang around and talk at halftime in a concourse thats way too full?
I almost never leave my seat from the beginning of the game until the end. But with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter, nature - and Juan Valdez - called. The concourse was full. And these were f just people going to the restroom or concessions. Like you said, they were just standing out there. BS-ing. As if there was no game going on. So strange.

The counter person at the concession I went to did not speak English. Honestly he had no idea what I was asking. Seems like that should be a prerequisite.
I doubt that he didn’t speak English, probably just ESL and trying to keep up with the pace

They replaced the girl on the microphone with a young guy. He did well enough. I just wish they could have someone do this who has a deeper, more resonant voice. High voices are deadly at that volume.

Barry White wasn't available.

licensed-image

I go to a fair amount of concerts and I wear earplugs. Probably will start here too. Save your ears.

No more fountain drinks kinda stinks actually... lol

The soda out of a plastic bottle always is warm in my opinion and never cold. But if that is my biggest complaint about everything its fine.

Overall I was impressed with all of the changes.

Barry White wasn't available.

licensed-image
Barry White would be great in that role. Except all the women would swoon and spill their drinks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom