Gameday Experience | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Experience

Still disappointing they cant come up with a real decimal meter.

All those live events and cant do one with that? See how loud it really is in parts of the dome.
Yeah it was a little funny that once people got quiet the meter kept going up

The grab and go for the drinks was so easy by my section. I was back to my seats after grabbing drinks in 3 mins. And love the fact they have a wide variety of seltzers now so you’re not forced to drink beers. I didn’t connect to wifi but the cell service was exceptional to send photos and videos. Overall it was a great day in the dome

There was a group of us trying to find anything other than pineapple High Noons. Lol.

Some places had Peace. You're right, it was fast.

I didn’t tailgate because of some family commitments. But some general thoughts:

The concourse around Gate J was insanely bottlenecked at half time. It was like being at the dome during the ncaas where out of town fans are completely lost. Wonder if a bunch of first timers were there Saturday.

Better use of the technology was great. Especially liked the 4th quarter light show.

LTE signal was much better. I bet there were more people on the 5g lessening the load on the LTE.

Loved the hipper music. If I know the words to the songs, it’s the wrong music. I knew nothing.

Twice the PA announcer referred to Ohio, as “Ohio St” when giving the score. Oooops.

Sound quality was much better - there was no noticeable drop off in loudness due to the seats- I actually thought it was louder than last year, which louder than the bubble roof

Nice to see a good crowd for the opener…the marching band got a nice ovation…but there was a lot of nervous energy after the first quarter.

Sucks not having the students near my end zone anymore, miss their energy, but seeing how it’s laid out now it makes a lot of sense.

The goal isn’t to be accurate, it’s to convince people to scream.
That’s true. But also, everyone knows it’s fake. It would be pretty cool if it was an accurate reading though. know I would try to give it that little extra boost trying to get it to another notch if I saw a real measurement. Make it like a competition. Semantics I know, but I actually think it would help if they had a real reading.

Curious if anyone noticed any differences in crowd noise. IMO it’s always hard to judge from TV, especially on ACC network. Anyone think there was much of a difference without the metal seats to reflect sound?

Still seemed awfully loud to me.

The goal isn’t to be accurate, it’s to convince people to scream.
I think that the 10% who think it's real can scream all they want but if the 90% knew it was real it would be way more fun.

Yeah I like a cup and ice with my drinks. Again, not a huge deal. Just disappointed.
And many places went away from cans/bottles because its a safety hazard.

Do they sell Orange juice in the dome? Cause they need to. I like the new team thing where after they cause a turnover, they take shots of Orange juice. Imagine how this could turn into a Syracuse thing...You know something new. Branding. Maybe even get Tropicana or Minute Maid involved with an NIL deal.

I don't recall seeing any out of town scores anywhere. I used to be able to see a TV near our seats but the new ones don't have one I can look at for the scores.

I didn’t tailgate because of some family commitments. But some general thoughts:

The concourse around Gate J was insanely bottlenecked at half time. It was like being at the dome during the ncaas where out of town fans are completely lost. Wonder if a bunch of first timers were there Saturday.

Better use of the technology was great. Especially liked the 4th quarter light show.

LTE signal was much better. I bet there were more people on the 5g lessening the load on the LTE.

Loved the hipper music. If I know the words to the songs, it’s the wrong music. I knew nothing.

Twice the PA announcer referred to Ohio, as “Ohio St” when giving the score. Oooops.

Sound quality was much better - there was no noticeable drop off in loudness due to the seats- I actually thought it was louder than last year, which louder than the bubble roof

Nice to see a good crowd for the opener…the marching band got a nice ovation…but there was a lot of nervous energy after the first quarter.

Sucks not having the students near my end zone anymore, miss their energy, but seeing how it’s laid out now it makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, wasn't at Ohio, but I hear you on the students being nearby. I liked that. But I get it.

Was it any easier to hear the band? Being above and behind them, I found a little tough to hear. Of course, I'm also going deaf. I'm a little off to the side of you now, so it won't be as easy to hit you with my empty beer cups, but I will try.

I also like that the away section was moved to the corner. Couldn't really see them from where we were before.

I asked if the popcorn had butter in it and was met with a puzzled look and then a reluctant yeah. Lol

I don't recall seeing any out of town scores anywhere. I used to be able to see a TV near our seats but the new ones don't have one I can look at for the scores.
Badly missed. Had to look at my phone all the time because this ball was dropped.

That’s true. But also, everyone knows it’s fake. It would be pretty cool if it was an accurate reading though. know I would try to give it that little extra boost trying to get it to another notch if I saw a real measurement. Make it like a competition. Semantics I know, but I actually think it would help if they had a real reading.
Iv only been to cuse games. Last year I was able to go to a bills game. Granted we were In the nose bleeds but man, I was shocked at how loud I realized the dome actually is. There was a big pop in the crowd and it was nothing like one of the sold out Clemson games. I pray we can become a force. The dome is a special place. Especially when it’s packed .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom