Gameday Experience | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Experience

No more fountain drinks kinda stinks actually... lol

The soda out of a plastic bottle always is warm in my opinion and never cold. But if that is my biggest complaint about everything its fine.

Overall I was impressed with all of the changes.

Can't spill a plastic bottle with a cap.

Been the recipient of many a beer & soda waterfall over the years.

I doubt that he didn’t speak English, probably just ESL and trying to keep up with the pace
I’m sure you’re right. Good for him. All I’m saying is he couldn’t answer a couple basic questions. But it’s true I wouldn’t be able to answer questions in his language either. Just a thought… maybe he should be the guy getting the drinks a such, and not the one upfront at the counter. That’s just how I see it. Customer facing service and all.

Getting rid of fountain soda and draft beer is the biggest tragedy to happen to the dome.

Quite frankly I think it’s a bunch of BS

The 3rd to 4th Quarter break had the pieces, just needs a little tweaking. They had the inspirational coaching quotes/video package and a rocking song that got the crowd and players hyped. However, it seemed that each was cut short and there were pauses after each piece (maybe commercials, I don't recall) that deflated the momentum.

Ideally, it would be timed to run right up to the start of the quarter and the last coaches quote would be something that ties it to the music that kicks in immediately afterward. It could be the same quote/music pairing each game to start a tradition or vary.

The 3rd to 4th Quarter break had the pieces, just needs a little tweaking. They had the inspirational coaching quotes/video package and a rocking song that got the crowd and players hyped. However, it seemed that each was cut short and there were pauses after each piece (maybe commercials, I don't recall) that deflated the momentum.

Ideally, it would be timed to run right up to the start of the quarter and the last coaches quote would be something that ties it to the music that kicks in immediately afterward. It could be the same quote/music pairing each game to start a tradition or vary.

What song / songs did they play?

Did anyone use the lightshow app? I didn't. Either it didn't work or just seemed to flash phone lights on and off.

I was expecting something that would time everything together and maybe use phone screens to vary the colors.

There are also apps that geolocate the phones to allow wave patterns and other effects across outdoor stadiums, but I'm not sure how feasible that is in the Dome.

Co-sign. SU hasn’t figured out that a little silence during a timeout etc is okay! I couldn’t talk with my friends without shouting. Not against music but holy smokes give us a break once in awhile, and turn down the volume a touch.

More band/cheerleaders, please. And some day, someone will also need to explain why we feel we even need an in game host…

New seats are incredible.
Agree with this. llandz was sitting behind me and I could hardly hear her over the extremely loud announcement system. ;) But more generally, the OP is appreciated. Good organizations are constantly looking for feedback and making changes. Many positives but a few things to improve.

Dome looks amazing. Seats are very comfortable and there's a decent amount of leg room unless you're pretty tall. Also the positioning of the seats is good - it was easy to let people by and I was able to strengthen my quads getting up 1000 times. Food options are still not great, and the 'no cash' policy is a pain ("legal tender for all debts public and private"). Digitizing isn't always the answer, and my paper ticket was a much happier memento than a TM hack notice.

Fan experience items to improve: I miss the empire express touchdown whistle, and the skits continue to be pretty lame. Do we not have the budget for decent prizes? The were some interesting contests with kids but they ended with a thud. Can I contribute to a fund to purchase prizes that are worth the mic time?

Lastly, I think most would agree that the fan experience doesn't begin and end with the Dome. It includes ingress and egress to campus and tail gating options. On that score, the traffic situation worked pretty well despite 81 construction. Kudos for getting on top of it and working with Wayz. Unfortunately, the "West" stadium parking contrivance continues to be slap in the face to out-of-town fans. All fans, especially out-of-towners, want to tail gate in their home lots. That is why there will never be any support for joint parking. Maybe BlazeOrange could enlighten Dee Bailey about this problem and help her count the staff and grad-student passes and then SELL the remaining spots to the FINE LOT. She needs to get rid of the annoying West concept that unnecessarily limits access to FINE LOT 'gaters who aren't always able to get their families to the game 3 hours before kickoff. FINE MESS fans want to park in the FINE lot. Dee needs to fix the problem - or maybe find a new position!

Last edited:
Well, maybe some of us do. :rolleyes:

Do people really care whether there is fountain soda?
coca cola soda GIF

Seen a few sound complaints in various threads. All seem to be volume related. I thought the clarity was better and could mostly make out what was said (aside from the band leader (They should have the regular PA announcer do that but I digress) and some of the videos. Did other people feel the same?

My biggest concern was never being able to make out what people were saying and I felt like that was better.

I’m assuming bottled drinks are a helluva lot faster to serve than fountain/draft.

From TV land the Dome looked fantastic.
Yup. Same with bottled/canned beer and alcohol. I don’t hate those chances. I will however keep ranting about the pretzel change but perhaps I’m the only soft pretzel lover on here.

I was only ticked off waiting to get in the west lot. The car in front of me obviously didn’t have a parking pass. They still let him in. Explanation? “ It’s the first game and some people don’t know about parking.“ What happens when someone with a parking pass is closed out with no spots left? I wonder how many times this happens?

Seen a few sound complaints in various threads. All seem to be volume related. I thought the clarity was better and could mostly make out what was said (aside from the band leader (They should have the regular PA announcer do that but I digress) and some of the videos. Did other people feel the same?

My biggest concern was never being able to make out what people were saying and I felt like that was better.
Would agree- though the overall clarity was MUCH better.

My simple quibble is volume and frequency- turn the music and microphones down a couple pegs, and give the band more time to play… The commercials and promotional onslaught, IMO, is definitely impacting the experience.

Yup. Same with bottled/canned beer and alcohol. I don’t hate those chances. I will however keep ranting about the pretzel change but perhaps I’m the only soft pretzel lover on here.
My mom is a soft pretzel connoisseur. I don't anticipate her being in Syracuse anytime soon, but I will warn about the Dome pretzels.

And for a while the water was not running in the restrooms in the same area. Apparently toilets wouldn’t flush in the women’s room and hand wash stations had no water. Was fixed by the fourth quarter

Was that Orange politician at the game?? There's never enough water in his bathrooms.

I’m assuming bottled drinks are a helluva lot faster to serve than fountain/draft.

From TV land the Dome looked fantastic.

Crowd was loud, too. Looked so much better than last year.

Curious if anyone noticed any differences in crowd noise. IMO it’s always hard to judge from TV, especially on ACC network. Anyone think there was much of a difference without the metal seats to reflect sound?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom