Gameday Experience | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Experience

I wrote to Pete Salas about the noise level and here’s what he wrote back:

Thanks Peggy. I have received a few emails regarding this. Understanding this was the first game with so many enhancements made to the stadium, this is the kind of feedback we need. We will work hard this week to make the necessary adjustments.

So let’s hope next week is better!

I wrote to Pete Salas about the noise level and here’s what he wrote back:

Thanks Peggy. I have received a few emails regarding this. Understanding this was the first game with so many enhancements made to the stadium, this is the kind of feedback we need. We will work hard this week to make the necessary adjustments.

So let’s hope next week is better!

The thing is this has been an issue for 4 seasons now. It isn't like this is the first instance. I never found an issue prior to the new roof and speakers. Now after every game my ears are ringing the next day. I bought the earplugs that bnoro had previously suggested. If it is the crowd making the noise, cool. But the issue is the speaker volume, which shouldn't be.

The thing is this has been an issue for 4 seasons now. It isn't like this is the first instance. I never found an issue prior to the new roof and speakers. Now after every game my ears are ringing the next day. I bought the earplugs that bnoro had previously suggested. If it is the crowd making the noise, cool. But the issue is the speaker volume, which shouldn't be.
I know. I wrote to him last year, too. That time I complained to him about the loudness and lack of sound clarity, I gave many compliments. BUT - I said the noise level was painful and something needs to be done.

Hey, all you can do is try, right?

Looking forward to seeing the new look dome, lighting, etc. for a night game.

Volume was way too loud on music and mics. Might have been worse.

But at least the remote mic wasn’t a high pitched voice, just too loud.

No more fountain drinks, bottles only.

Twice they tried an on field activity with fans and in both cases the music started up out of nowhere in the middle of the activity and drowned it out. Really poorly done.

2/3rds of the students left at halftime.

Did they do anything with Otto? Cheerleaders too. It was like they weren’t there.
2/3 of the students left at halftime? How disappointing.

Still disappointing they cant come up with a real decimal meter.

All those live events and cant do one with that? See how loud it really is in parts of the dome.
I have one on my watch, it warns me anything over 90 since I work with airplanes. I can say twice it went off that it was 90 decibels, about as loud as standing next to a jet engine. I can tell you when they had it on the screen saying it was around 110 my watch did not go off.

I almost never leave my seat from the beginning of the game until the end. But with about 6 minutes left in the second quarter, nature - and Juan Valdez - called. The concourse was full. And these were f just people going to the restroom or concessions. Like you said, they were just standing out there. BS-ing. As if there was no game going on. So strange.
I wonder what percentage of people go because they care about the football and what percentage just go because it's the thing to do.

Was the AC working because Coach Brown sweated through 2 hats during the game. Changed out at half time.
Not sure why he was wearing a long sleeve T while sweating like that. Go t-shirt or polo, man.

And many places went away from cans/bottles because its a safety hazard.
Why throw bottles and cans when you can throw trash cans and batteries?

Seems like like a pretty easy fix. Turn volume knobs counter clockwise. If people then complain it's not loud enough, turn clockwise. If it's a slider, it's even easier.

I wonder what percentage of people go because they care about the football and what percentage just go because it's the thing to do.
Just took an SU survey on my fan experience, I'm what the younger generation calls an Old F. I go for football, hopefully the winning kind.
But at the end got a chance to add to my survey.
Told them I've lived through 2 great times Ben, Mac, Coach P, and Deleone. Think Fran is going to be the 3rd. Also said it's way past time to acknowledge Coach P and Deleone. Said at 78 I'd like to be around when it happens.

I have one on my watch, it warns me anything over 90 since I work with airplanes. I can say twice it went off that it was 90 decibels, about as loud as standing next to a jet engine. I can tell you when they had it on the screen saying it was around 110 my watch did not go off.
Mine does also and it hit 118 between 4-5 and that was in section 212 I'm skeptical of it though, only time I've seen 110 plus was NC state game last year? With people pounding on metal benches

Just took an SU survey on my fan experience, I'm what the younger generation calls an Old F. I go for football, hopefully the winning kind.
Told them I've lived through 2 great times Ben, Mac, Coach P, and Deleone. Think Fran is going to be the 3rd. Also said it's way past time to acknowledge Coach P and Deleone. Said at 78 I'd like to be around when it happens.
this survey asked where you primarily get news...syracusefan
syrfan.jpg

Do they sell Orange juice in the dome? Cause they need to. I like the new team thing where after they cause a turnover, they take shots of Orange juice. Imagine how this could turn into a Syracuse thing...You know something new. Branding. Maybe even get Tropicana or Minute Maid involved with an NIL deal.
Do they sell Orange Crush soda
.. they need to and could get a tie in .Drink crush for best D play .. juice for O play

I have been 2 the dome hundreds of times.. I could not tell you at all what gate entrance I enter at.

I did wonder about the rate your experience section.. I supposed more stars was better?

Seems like like a pretty easy fix. Turn volume knobs counter clockwise. If people then complain it's not loud enough, turn clockwise. If it's a slider, it's even easier

Do they sell Orange Crush soda
.. they need to and could get a tie in .Drink crush for best D play .. juice for O play
This won’t happen unless PepsiCo buys the brand from Dr. Pepper/Seven-Up.

The new seats have their own thread, but they aren't the only change. Please add thoughts on music, video packages, fan interaction during lulls in the action, etc.

What's new, what did they keep, what works and what needs to change?
I couldn’t understand a word that was said on the remotes. He spoke way too fast

Here here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom