Gameday Thread? | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Gameday Thread?

Eric15 said:
I don't understand why we just punted -- there simply isn't enough time. That's the type of Shafer decision (and Marrone) that is maddening to me.

Very low chance of getting a first there. A few yards? Sure go for it. Id take my chances on Dixon pinning then back and us getting a turnover or quick possession. 6 mins isn't 2 or 3.

You'll be told it doesn't matter. It does, but you'll be told that.

Even if we don't convert, we can try and hold them to a field goal and it's still a two possession game.

I don't understand why we just punted -- there simply isn't enough time. That's the type of Shafer decision (and Marrone) that is maddening to me.
Couldn't punt there. You can't risk needing a 3 and out against one of the best offenses in football...when you have nothing to lose. Not Shafers fault Mahoney is incapable of hitting a wide open deep man but he's gotta have a better feel for the game and he. just. doesn't.

I appreciate the effort so much, but the end of the days shows us losing again, by at least 2 possessions and never really with a chance to tie the game. I don't recall being down 7 with the ball.

This doesn't change anything, unfortunately.

FortyFourCT said:
I appreciate the effort so much, but the end of the days shows us losing again, by at least 2 possessions and never really with a chance to tie the game. I don't recall being down 7 with the ball.

This doesn't change anything, unfortunately.

Great positive post...Thanks...

Eric15 said:
Even if we don't convert, we can try and hold them to a field goal and it's still a two possession game.

I'm sitting in back of a retired college coach. He said 6+ mins you can't go for that distance on 4th in our territory. You'll be told that it was stupid not to go for it though.

Very low chance of getting a first there. A few yards? Sure go for it. Id take my chances on Dixon pinning then back and us getting a turnover or quick possession. 6 mins isn't 2 or 3.
Cmon man. You knew it would play out like this. I know you knew this. We all did.

Do you still feel that way after Clemson running all this time off the clock? Wouldn't you rather have one opportunity to try and convert 4th and 8?

Eric15 said:
Do you still feel that way after Clemson running all this time off the clock? Wouldn't you rather have one opportunity to try and convert 4th and 8?

Yes

Eric15 said:

You mean control the controllables? Nahhhhhh.

Either way it's a longshot. Personally I prefer long shots with the ball in our hands, but I'm not a coach, so what so I know?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom