GAMEDAY! | Syracusefan.com

GAMEDAY!

OrangeBlood

Starter
Haven't been posting as much as I like/usually have. Will definetly be more active now that the season is getting going. I am beyond pumped for this season, with the Bills already seemingly destined for a 5-11 season (in which I have to suffer through every home game), the Orange have become my only hope for this football season.

Without a doubt in my mind, this is the deepest and most talented team we have had since the early 2000s. What is absolutely CRUCIAL about this season is we get to 8 regular season wins and go to a good bowl game vs. a good opponent. A bowl game like Duke played in last year would be ideal. The next step needs to be taken and I fully believe that it can.

Hunt will blossom into a star this year with a very good offensive line and improved athleticism at skill positions. Offense will be much more explosive than last year but won't be 35 points a game, more like 25-30. The Defense has a star LB corp, good DEs, a star safety, solid corners. My only concern in DT. Think we maybe vulnerable against a power run team. Hopefully Crume is healthy and ready to be a run stuffer.

Season basically breaks down like this:
Must-Wins:
-Nova-- FCS
-CMU-- MAC, got to beat them if you are to be respected
- WF-- bad team at home
- BC-- down year for a team that we beat last year. Keep dominating rivalry

Win (4/6):
-Terps-- good athletic team but game is at home and winnable
-NCSU-- game is at home and very winnable
-Duke- Solid team with good QB, but game is at home, can be won.
-Louisville- Very talented, but with turnover shouldn't be as good. Game at home we could steal.
-PITT- tough ask to beat them on the road, but they are not overwhelmingly better than us. It will be close.
-ND- most people would call this a loss, but I don't have the heart to admit defeat against ND, my most hated team. If we could hang with USC at metlife we can hang with them and possibly pull an upset.

Losses:
-FSU
-Clemson

IT ALL STARTS TONIGHT! LETS GO ORANGE! WAR DAMN OTTO!!

Even though I never met the man, I keep thinking this is the first game we won't have Orangeyes reaction following the game and that stings. I hope the guys win this one and more this year for him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom