Games blacked out | Syracusefan.com

Games blacked out

PhillyOrange

Walk On
Can someone explain how and why games are blacked out on ESPN Full Court?
I live in South Philadelphia and haven't missed a game in years. This past Saturday's game was blacked out. Syracuse vs Miami blacked out in Philly???? ...I can see if they were playing Nova or another local philly team and they basically want you to buy a ticket and attend the event. Can someone explain and is there a site that I can check if the V Tech game will be shown? Is this an ACC thing?

Can someone explain how and why games are blacked out on ESPN Full Court?
I live in South Philadelphia and haven't missed a game in years. This past Saturday's game was blacked out. Syracuse vs Miami blacked out in Philly???? ...I can see if they were playing Nova or another local philly team and they basically want you to buy a ticket and attend the event. Can someone explain and is there a site that I can check if the V Tech game will be shown? Is this an ACC thing?

Easy. They want you to have to buy ESPN Full court.

I do buy Full Court that's why I don't understand....and it wasn't shown on a local channel.

Per The ACC website it was supposed to be shown on MundoFox in the Philly area. It wasn't shown on the guide. They showed the NC State/Pitt game at noon(this wasn't on the guide either) so I was hoping the Cuse/Miami game would follow. Of course it didn't. And the game was blacked out on WatchESPN as well. There was no possible way of watching the game live in the Philly area. I waited until 5pm to watch the game replay on WatchESPN. If the game isn't on locally it shouldn't be blacked out, but it happens from time to time when the channel with the rights decides not to show the game.

FYI - I did watch it live on my iPad using the acc website....but that's somewhat ridiculous sitting in front of my 70" screen. Is there a way to view ESPN 3 on a TV?

FYI - I did watch it live on my iPad using the acc website...but that's somewhat ridiculous sitting in front of my 70" screen. Is there a way to view ESPN 3 on a TV?

Apple TV

Xbox as well. Xbox is regionally agnostic. Win win

I have been researching ways to watch ESPN3 on my TV. I hear people say "apple TV" but I don't exactly know what that is. The ways I know of:
1. Connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI (or similar) cable and essentially use your TV as a monitor for your laptop.
2. If you have an XBox 360, you can get ESPN3 streamed over it if you subscribe to Xbox Live which is something like $8 /month.

HoustonCuse said:
I have been researching ways to watch ESPN3 on my TV. I hear people say "apple TV" but I don't exactly know what that is. The ways I know of: 1. Connect your laptop to your TV with an HDMI (or similar) cable and essentially use your TV as a monitor for your laptop. 2. If you have an XBox 360, you can get ESPN3 streamed over it if you subscribe to Xbox Live which is something like $8 /month.
Xbox gold is 60 a year fwiw.

How does Apple TV work...is there a monthly fee...is it easy to install?

It's similar to a Roku. There's no monthly fee for the Apple TV itself, but some of the apps may require a monthly fee if you choose to use them.

Plus, you'll only get access to ESPN3 on an Apple TV if your provider subscribes to the service, like Time Warner.

Install and operation is insanely easy.

I got at Apple TV 3 for Christmas and looooove it. I'm hoping a jailbreak comes out sometime soon so I can get even more from it.

Again, what is it? A box that you attach to your TV? That does what, simply interface it to the internet? Add more of these mostly useless apps that my TV already has 400 of? Have bluetooth? Do something else?

Again, what is it? A box that you attach to your TV? That does what, simply interface it to the internet? Add more of these mostly useless apps that my TV already has 400 of? Have bluetooth? Do something else?
Yes. It is a box that you attach to your TV through an HDMI cable. It looks like this:
AppleTVMarch2012_35160082_04_620x433.jpg

It connects to the Internet either through Wi-Fi or ethernet. It does have apps that allow you to stream content from various services such as Netflix or ESPN3. If you have a TV that already has those apps, then maybe Apple TV isn't for you.

I love it because I can stream my expansive video collection from my computer to my HDTV, along with all my music. That's what makes it most valuable to me.

http://www.apple.com/appletv/

FYI - I did watch it live on my iPad using the acc website...but that's somewhat ridiculous sitting in front of my 70" screen. Is there a way to view ESPN 3 on a TV?
Apple digital AV adapter is what I use to hook my iPad to my tv. Works great. You can get them at Best Buy or off the Apple website

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom