Gardner had 0 fouls | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gardner had 0 fouls

This game is a joke. Sat was a joke. Gimme Roy Williams and not some 3 stooges extra and let's run up and down the court.

Curly is NOT a 3 stooges extra. He is a vital part of the trio. Now Schemp...he is an extra.

My main takeaway from last night is that Coleman should look at Gardner as the player he should try and be.

Granted Gardner had one of the best games of his career last night, but he's still a heck of a player regardless

It's pretty sad when our McDonald's All America center can only dream to one day be a fat ass belly flopper with a one inch vert who should mug and push his way to buckets.

His T was for hanging on the rim - an automatic T by the rule book. They will give you leeway to "protect yourself" if someone is in the vicinity, But once you slap the backboard it's tough to use the protecting yourself argument.

That was hanging on the rim? Seems to me like the official didn't like the slapping the backboard and that's the only thing he could call by rule to call a technical. If that's hanging on the rim, that should be called 15 times a game.

The ones that bothered me were when their player took Triche's legs out on that ball in the backcourt--no call.

Or when their man [J. Wilson?] was trapped near the baseline and they call a touch foul on our guy when we have him cut off from any passing angle.

Or when Gardner blasts into one of our guys and they call a foul.

Worst of all, all of the fouls they called in the second half were seemingly shooting fouls that got them to the line / points.

Or when the refs blow the whistle any time there is a !#@$ spin move.

They played physical, you have to give Marq credit, but anyone who doesn't think there is a disparity yesterday in how the game is officiated is out of their god damned mind. And in a close game, them shooting 26 free throws in the second half to ZERO for us made a huge difference. How the F are they the physical team, and yet they shot all the free throws? It is a joke.

How about the most obvious one of all: Mike's much-replayed quasi-dunk to start the game.

Couldn't have been more clear that he got clubbed. And there's no easier foul to spot than a guy getting fouled up high as he's shooting.

Hate this trend - "Ah well, he scored, that's good enough - no need to compound it with a foul call."

Hate this trend - "Ah well, he scored, that's good enough - no need to compound it with a foul call."

Yeah. I think i see this a ton in the NBA; a late whistle on a missed shot because they were waiting to see if he made the shot or not

Yeah. I think i see this a ton in the NBA; a late whistle on a missed shot because they were waiting to see if he made the shot or not

I shouldn't even call it a trend, because that's been happening for a long time.

His T was for hanging on the rim - an automatic T by the rule book.
No. It was for unsportsmanlike conduct. Fat boy was just as guilty, but fouls by him don't count.

His T was for hanging on the rim - an automatic T by the rule book. They will give you leeway to "protect yourself" if someone is in the vicinity, But once you slap the backboard it's tough to use the protecting yourself argument.

His T was for slapping the backboard. It wouldnt have been called if he just let go.

Coleman would have fouled out in record time in this game. His weaknesses were much more on the defensive end than the offensive end. He hasn't played in a month and, as JB said about Southerland, the layoff hurt him of defense more than offense. And the refs were calling fouls on whoever tried to get in Gardner's way. Coleman's 280 pounds wouldn't have helped him at all.

That was hanging on the rim? Seems to me like the official didn't like the slapping the backboard and that's the only thing he could call by rule to call a technical. If that's hanging on the rim, that should be called 15 times a game.

What I meant was that slapping on the backboard, will always give you a T for "hanging on the rim". If he had not slapped, no foul would have been called.

Coleman would have fouled out in record time in this game. His weaknesses were much more on the defensive end than the offensive end. He hasn't played in a month and, as JB said about Southerland, the layoff hurt him of defense more than offense. And the refs were calling fouls on whoever tried to get in Gardner's way. Coleman's 280 pounds wouldn't have helped him at all.

While you may be right I still would have liked to at least see him get 2-3 minutes to see if it would have made a difference. Its fine to speculate that it wasnt going to work but in reality we dont know. I think it may have helped at least from the sense that he was able to clear BMK out of the way and create a lot of space where he wouldnt have been able to do that with DC.

While you may be right I still would have liked to at least see him get 2-3 minutes to see if it would have made a difference. Its fine to speculate that it wasnt going to work but in reality we dont know. I think it may have helped at least from the sense that he was able to clear BMK out of the way and create a lot of space where he wouldnt have been able to do that with DC.

I would have liked to see DC get some PT as well, just to see how he was moving. I just don't think he would have reversed the result of the game. He'd be just another guy getting fouls called on him.

I would have liked to see DC get some PT as well, just to see how he was moving. I just don't think he would have reversed the result of the game. He'd be just another guy getting fouls called on him.

All it would have taken was a couple of possessions where he grabbed some offensive rebounds and got putbacks.

His T was for slapping the backboard. It wouldnt have been called if he just let go.

We are turning this into a battle of semantics. At the end of the day we all agree that slapping the board is the action gave him the T. He doesn't do that, no foul. But I am just saying that slapping the backboard, will automatically lead the ref to say you unnecessarily hung on the rim, which is the automatic T.

All it would have taken was a couple of possessions where he grabbed some offensive rebounds and got putbacks.

We had 15 offensive rebounds in this game, same as Marquette.

I'm waiting for Williams to play a game giving me reason not to want him gone. Hitting an occasional 3 doesn't cut it.

a bit skewed as we had 4 on the one James possession but I hear you. second half offensive rebounds had to be a mismatch

What I meant was that slapping on the backboard, will always give you a T for "hanging on the rim". If he had not slapped, no foul would have been called.
If you can't slam the balldown without "hanging on the rim ,Lay it up and in.
We are turning this into a battle of semantics. At the end of the day we all agree that slapping the board is the action gave him the T. He doesn't do that, no foul. But I am just saying that slapping the backboard, will automatically lead the ref to say you unnecessarily hung on the rim, which is the automatic T.

ayi

I think slapping the backboard is the more automatic call. Hanging on the rim is subjective depending on how long you hang and whether you have anyone under you. Usually, as long as you dont do a chin up they wont call it. Slapping the backboard is supposed to be automatic T. I'm sure CJ regretted it as soon as he did it.

unfortunately, Baye had a good game for himself; 7 points and 7 rebounds. That great effort was erased by our inability to relax and run our offense and the total lopsidded officiating.

The officiating was absurd (can't count the number of times I screamed at the tv last night though my wife may have kept count). That said we played horribly and our point guard literally handed the other team the ball at least five times (apotential 10 point swing right there). Marquette had there share of turnovers but very few if any unforced I wish we had another point guard on the roster so MCW could sit and watch!

The officiating was absurd (can't count the number of times I screamed at the tv last night though my wife may have kept count). That said we played horribly and our point guard literally handed the other team the ball at least five times (apotential 10 point swing right there). Marquette had there share of turnovers but very few if any unforced I wish we had another point guard on the roster so MCW could sit and watch!
I'm trying hard to tone down my expletives so that i'm not the one teaching my grandson his new words. This team isn't making it easy with their effn play.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom