Garrett Shrader: A rebel and team mechanic thinks he has the tools to fix Syracuse’s broken offense | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader: A rebel and team mechanic thinks he has the tools to fix Syracuse’s broken offense

Great article. It really shows how incompetent last years offensive coordinator was when your Oline coach became a bigger part of putting in game plans. Shrader is definitely a different cat. I have high hopes for the offense this year.

What I learned from the article: Duce and Barron don't know how to change a tire. /facepalm

Other than that, seems like there was lots of friction last year. That can be good or bad, but in this case it seems that Babers heard his players (primarily Shrader) and made a change. Should be for the better.

Sounds like the team really viewed Shrader as a leader of the team pretty early on to his tenure.

This is a great article and makes you want to root for Shrader to be even more successful

Also details one of his many injuries/illnesses he suffered through last season

When I met Garret at the Spring game he boldly told me “oh we’re gonna be good this year”. Not in a cocky way, just a matter of fact type of thing. Even with our SOS I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people.

Good read. I must say it's a bit odd as well and doesn't paint a picture of cohesiveness with the team/staff to have this kind of an article featuring your starting qb a day before the season opener. No inputs from any of the staff and then some clear albeit minor shots at last year's coaching and gameplan in there. Love the competitiveness and fire as a leader that comes off on GS though so long as there is trust and synergy there looking forward to a change of fortune.

Good read. I must say it's a bit odd as well and doesn't paint a picture of cohesiveness with the team to have an article featuring your starting qb a day before the season opener. No inputs from any of the staff and then some clear albeit minor shots at last year's coaching and gameplan in there. Love the competitiveness and fire as a leader that comes off on GS though so long as there is trust and synergy there.

Shrader and Tucker were very vocal going back to last season about their offense.

Got to think that Tucker only stayed at Cuse because they made a change at the OC position.

Dino knew what needed to be done and got it done.

Have to give him credit there.

Shrader and Tucker were very vocal going back to last season about their offense.

Got to think that Tucker only stayed at Cuse because they made a change at the OC position.

Yeah that makes sense and agree. Winning cures many ailments as well so feelings and differences aside let's win some ball games.

OH S..HIT! His dad work's at my company. Just IM'd him on Teams. lol
crazy eyes GIF
George Clooney Reaction GIF

When your 2 most important players don't like how the offense is run, a good coach listens to them.

Great article. It really shows how incompetent last years offensive coordinator was when your Oline coach became a bigger part of putting in game plans. Shrader is definitely a different cat. I have high hopes for the offense this year.
Yup Dino allowed a newly hired O line coach to implement and game plan. He's not a micro manager

Thank you for the link OrangeXtreme Good article. It sounds like GS will make his opinion known.

One of the other side points that were reinforced for me was how conservative DB has become.
That's why Dino shouldn't be involved in calling plays during the games. Let the people you hired call the plays on game day.
Show faith that you hired the right people, and let them do their job.

and we wonder why the QB and WR got the fluck out of dodge.

I must say it's a bit odd as well and doesn't paint a picture of cohesiveness with the team/staff to have this kind of an article featuring your starting qb a day before the season opener. No inputs from any of the staff and then some clear albeit minor shots at last year's coaching and gameplan in there.
Mink works for the Post-Standard, not Syracuse Athletics. He likely did this interview at the same time he did the flying story in NC.

Any efforts by the Athletics Department to control what Mink asks during that interview or how it is used, is uh, bad form.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom