Garrett Shrader out for bowl game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader out for bowl game

My Top 5 Garrett moments:
1. Game winning TD against Purdue in 2022 (arguably a Top 5 football moment in Dome history)
2. Game winning TD throw at Virginia Tech in 2021
3. Performance against Louisville in 2022 opener.
4. Performance against Clemson in 2022 (we lost but he had us in a position to win that game)
5. Performance against Pitt at Yankee Stadium (he was barely functional but did what he needed to do to contribute to a desperately needed win)
People forget his performance in that 2021 Wake game too. Ultimately lost in OT, but he made tremendous plays all game and led that game tying drive making plays all by himself. Honestly if you think back, the dude was clutch as hell. Always drove down the field and put us in a position to win in the 2-minute drill (even if it didn't work out every time).

And there’s the news

Had heard about this pregame of wake Forest….

Let’s just say, his performance this season against Wake Forest is unreal

From what I’ve heard, he wasn’t cleared to play before that game, begged training staff to clear him and they did but told him they would prefer he didn’t throw the ball…..

We all know how that went… he went 10/15 173 yards and 3 tds

I have no doubt if it weren’t for injuries he would have been one of the greatest to ever play here and SU would have won a lot more games. He had such poise and feel for the game. He could have easily been a first team all ACC player and maybe better than that. He was almost the perfect duel threat QB

So, as some of you know I work at the same company as his dad. His dad told me last week that he had the torn labrum BUT ALSO had Turf Toe. I didn't want to mention specifics until it was formally announced. He decided to get the torn labrum repaired right after the last game to get ready for Pro Day, otherwise he would have tried to play.

My Top 5 Garrett moments:
1. Game winning TD against Purdue in 2022 (arguably a Top 5 football moment in Dome history)
2. Game winning TD throw at Virginia Tech in 2021
3. Performance against Louisville in 2022 opener.
4. Performance against Clemson in 2022 (we lost but he had us in a position to win that game)
5. Performance against Pitt at Yankee Stadium (he was barely functional but did what he needed to do to contribute to a desperately needed win)

That entire VT performance in 2021. Purdue 2023 was similar (and would be on my top 5). 3rd and whatever, and he'd just get whatever plus 1-5 yards with his legs, completely demoralizing the defense.

People forget his performance in that 2021 Wake game too. Ultimately lost in OT, but he made tremendous plays all game and led that game tying drive making plays all by himself. Honestly if you think back, the dude was clutch as hell. Always drove down the field and put us in a position to win in the 2-minute drill (even if it didn't work out every time).
That was my first game in the Dome and what solidified me as a diehard.

That entire VT performance in 2021. Purdue 2023 was similar (and would be on my top 5). 3rd and whatever, and he'd just get whatever plus 1-5 yards with his legs, completely demoralizing the defense.
Whoops, no idea how I left out Purdue 2023 this year. He was masterful in that game.

Bullsh't - you can be his.

Tom Cruise Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Warrior/legend. Loved this guy. Always Orange
as others have said, he'll always be one of my all time favs, like top 3. Think we we're mediocre with him, imagine without and it would have been WAY worse. I'm hoping we look back at him as the guy who shepherded us back to big time success. And he earned his time here, working hanging, persevering to get his chance.

I remember being at the Ohio Univ game where he didn't start or play much and as he vigorously roamed the sideline spinning the ball up in the air, we were right behind the SU bench thanks to Tmark, went down to the railing and said to him kinda yelling it, "hang in there kid, you're time will come". And it did, and it was must see viewing every single time the kid took the field. Love him, as you said perfectly Chris, "warrior/legend" nails it, best of luck in the future 6

Garrett has achieved legend status as a Syracuse football player, at least in my book.

Thanks to him for all he has done for the program, his coaches, his teammates and the fans.

I wish him nothing but good things in the future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom