Garrett Shrader out for bowl game | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Garrett Shrader out for bowl game

Canadian fan here - my son and I drove down from Ottawa to see the Wake Forest game.

Obviously I have just a ton of respect for this guy's toughness and commitment level. I am a bit biased being Canadian of course, but I would love to see Garrett Shrader give the CFL a shot. I fear that his NFL window has closed for now with the timeline he faces from the injury - by the time he is ready to go mini camps will be done, priority free agents will be signed, etc. One potential route for him is to do what Nathan Rourke did - go have a ton of success in the CFL then try to parlay that into some NFL looks. This league is a lot better than some think - just ask Johnny Manziel - but it is fun football and you can become a local legend if you do things right. Chad Kelly (Jim Kelly's nephew) threw away his NFL opportunities but he came here and is now the starter for the Toronto Argos and making pretty good coin to boot. Something for him to consider...
Agree with this. I also thought Eric Dungey should have given the CFL a shot. With his skill set he could have been very successful and had a great career

What a warrior - a healthly Shredder was a force to be reckoned with. When all our pieces were clicking he was a star, that Virginia Tech game and the Purdue games are among my favorite SU memories of all time. Only a great player like Garrett can make those moments happen.

I thought everyone understood that he was playing through an injury this season.
And yet that didn't stop people from saying things like "He should have stuck to WR", "He throws to the sidelines ", "He has no touch ", etc. There was a fair amount of criticism about his throwing this year and it wasn't predicated on his injuries.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom