Gary Andersen from Wisky to Oregon State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Gary Andersen from Wisky to Oregon State

mcdonald did not take a pay cut. not as a coordinator.

arkansas is not a lateral move from wisky though

Shafer said it himself earlier this Fall-McDonald took a pay cut. Obviously the Assoc HC/OC title was his incentive to move, but I'm not making up the salary part. Take a look at that USA Today list and ask yourself if SU is paying that kind of money to asst coaches.

Shafer said it himself earlier this Fall-McDonald took a pay cut. Obviously the Assoc HC/OC title was his incentive to move, but I'm not making up the salary part. Take a look at that USA Today list and ask yourself if SU is paying that kind of money to asst coaches.

Nah. Shafers story about the phone call and not being able to pay as much as Arkansas was in jest. Its highly doubtful we're paying a coordinator less than an Arkansas wr coach. Even a 1st timer. I'll do some research but I don't believe it for a second.

If we don't pay $275K base salary for an offensive coordinator AND associate HC then we should get out of the game.

Radio was ripping it this morning. Saying there has to be so much more to this story. Two coaches leaving Madison so easily. Speculating on how it must be an issue working for Alvarez in the shadow of the program he built. Or speculating that Alvarez exploded after that embarrassment the other night and Anderson decided to get the hell out of there.

Of course, it could just be that Alvarez was taking all that Big 10 coin under the table for his role on the committee and forced his head coach to throw the big game. So Anderson decided to go somewhere that everyone could just forget about him and his role in all of it. What say you bees? You with me?

Radio was ripping it this morning. Saying there has to be so much more to this story. Two coaches leaving Madison so easily. Speculating on how it must be an issue working for Alvarez in the shadow of the program he built. Or speculating that Alvarez exploded after that embarrassment the other night and Anderson decided to get the hell out of there.

Of course, it could just be that Alvarez was taking all that Big 10 coin under the table for his role on the committee and forced his head coach to throw the big game. So Anderson decided to go somewhere that everyone could just forget about him and his role in all of it. What say you bees? You with me?
without knowing anything, i'm going to assume alvarez is a meddling psycho

Who does Pittsburgh hire if Wisconsin does take Paul Chryst? That hire would actually affect us since we play Pitt annually.

I would certainly sniff around. The title game was suspicious by itself, but when it seems pretty clear that "something is up" it is worth investigating, regardless of whether it turns out to be something innocuous.

How about the juggling with the MSU's? That graphic showing total bowl revenues by conference called out the difference between what the Big 10 and SEC would have made had Miss. St not jumped over Mich St. I would look into that, as well.

If the playoff never expanded beyond 4 teams, I think the NCAA would have to standardize the payouts for the major bowls to remove any incentive to shuffle teams within the top 10 for the $.

Wisc also might go after Doeren of NC State, who used to work for the Badgers.

Bill Swerski: Now, gentlemen, let me ask you this: What if Da Bears were all 14 inches tall, you know, about so high? Now, what's your score of today's game?

Carl Wollarski: Against Da Giants?

Bill Swerski: Yes, give 'em a handicap.

Carl Wollarski: Bears 18, Giants 10. And that would finally be a good game.

Pat Arnold: Yeah, it would be a good game. Mini Bears 24, Giants 14.

Todd O'Conner: What about Ditka? Would he be mini, too?

Bill Swerski: No, he would be full-grown.

Todd O'Conner: Oh, then, uh.. Mini Bears 31, Giants 7.

Carl Wollarski: Oh, hold on. Then I change mine, too. I thought it was Mini Ditka.

without knowing anything, i'm going to assume alvarez is a meddling psycho

That's what the guys I was listening to were speculating. They said it will be interesting to see if Paul Chryst takes the job, because he would probably know the deal, having worked for Bielema.

They said whoever else is interviewed will likely be placing a call to the greater Corvallis zip code, and that if rumored names start dropping off, that could be what's making them run.

That's what the guys I was listening to were speculating. They said it will be interesting to see if Paul Chryst takes the job, because he would probably know the deal, having worked for Bielema.

They said whoever else is interviewed will likely be placing a call to the greater Corvallis zip code, and that if rumored names start dropping off, that could be what's making them run.
pasqualoni_centerpiece_110514.jpg

Barry Alvarez may = Frank Broyles at Arkansas, who built that program into a national power , became AD and couldn't help meddling over the shoulders of his several successors. .

On ESPN they suggested it was about how much assistants were being paid. , which suggests that may have been the most likely factor in Marrone leaving here.

I find it it very, very hard to believe that the player and coaches at Wisconsin laid down to lose 0-59 so the Big Ten could get a team in the playoff. These are hyper-competitive guys. Can you imagine suggesting to Scott Shafer that he do such a thing? Your head would be sticking into a wall.

Last edited:
I just don't get all of this talk about Peter Criss. He hardly looks like the football type to me.
Peter-Criss.jpg

Sorry. I just always think of him whenever Pitt's coach is mentioned.

The merry-go-round continues: Scott Shafer to Wisconsin. Who do we bring in? Saban or Meyer.
I think we get both of them. They will serve as assistant coaches under Bill Belichick.

I think the answer is pretty clearly the fact that Alvarez meddles too much. The academics and stuff is just a scapegoat. The fact Andersen went there from a spread system to running the same damn offense Wisconsin has run for 25 years kind of showed that Barry has a system in place.

Also explains how he so easily steps in to coach when these guys leave.

Milwaukee Sentinal just reported that Chryst has been hired by Wisconsin wow!