Gary Andersen from Wisky to Oregon State | Syracusefan.com

Gary Andersen from Wisky to Oregon State

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Beavers Football ‏@OSUBeaversFB 2m
We are excited to announce our new head coach, Gary Andersen. Let’s welcome him to Corvallis! #BeaverNation #GoBeavs

B4hyTHtIEAAPkvS.jpg

Wow pretty crazy that Wisconsin has lost Bielema and now Andersen to programs that most view as inferior.

NashvilleOrange said:
Wow pretty crazy that Wisconsin has lost Bielema and now Andersen to programs that most view as inferior.
something has gotta be weird out there

Dnyr85 said:
I'd say that its about a 98% chance that he will.

Which would be fantastic for recruiting.

Alvarez will be on the BTN at 6:15 ET do discuss the coaching situation.

Joe Schad says that problems keep coming up with assistant salaries and academic standards... Even so, winning the Big 10 West is a cakewalk. B1G money is definitely not bringing or retaining top coaches in that conference.

What?
Wow is this one of those Steve Alford leaving Iowa for New Mexico situations so he doesn't get fired?
I can't believe he is leaving for Oregon State.

Pitt will be looking for a new coach in about a week.

What?
Wow is this one of those Steve Alford leaving Iowa for New Mexico situations so he doesn't get fired?
I can't believe he is leaving for Oregon State.

Pitt will be looking for a new coach in about a week.

Why would he get fired? The guy has won 19 games in two years.

I feel like we have offered a number of guys that are verballed to Wisconsin... Could we flip a couple?

Alvarez is intimating that Anderson left for family reasons. He is handling this PC really well and not taking any shots at the coach.

I feel like we have offered a number of guys that are verballed to Wisconsin... Could we flip a couple?
Acosta is already visiting Jake Pickard tomorrow, a TE from Jersey who's not pleased about the Wisconsin situation. We were in his initial final two.

Alvarez is intimating that Anderson left for family reasons. He is handling this PC really well and not taking any shots at the coach.
And I was about to speculate that Alvarez being too hands-on with his old job was causing coaches to bolt. Could still be part of it.

This is surprising to me. My impression of Anderson at Wisconsin was that he wanted to move the offense toward a more pass friendly style and perhaps even an up tempo style. I thought this would be a good move for Wisconsin. Maybe it was never Anderson's intention, but I am curious to see the offense that he installs at OSU. I'm also curious to see what direction Wisconsin goes from here with it's offense. I suspect a lot of people think they should stay with what has worked so well in the past. I personally think they can adapt that a little bit and be successful, and I thought Anderson was a good fit to make that happen.

As for the B1G? The B1G just swapped coaches with the Pac12 and now has to fill a position at Wisconsin. The problem is that Wisconsin is a division champion, and OSU not so much. It's probably not an even trade between conferences, but we will find out. It also depends on what Wisconsin does to replace Anderson. I saw Wisconsin under Anderson as a bright spot going forward for the B1G, and now it's very unclear. Hiring a new coach is always tricky and it's usually filled with uncertainty for any program.