Gary Gait! | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Gary Gait!

Coordinator jobs are usually stepping stones. You can't make coordinator hires in fear of your hire moving on after a couple of years.
Tell that to John Desko Lelan Rogers and Kevin Donahue the shortest one of their careers lasted 14 years in one spot

Tell that to John Desko Lelan Rogers and Kevin Donahue the shortest one of their careers lasted 14 years in one spot
I don't think that combination generated the kind of success in recent years that we've been accustomed to at SU. I think my point still stands- that you shouldn't be afraid to hire a good/great coordinator because they might be successful and leave for a head coaching job. If your main objective is coordinators who won't ever leave, hire poor coordinators. For the record, I'm not saying those guys were poor coordinators.

I think Gary should hire who he wants and they should be the very best assistants available and if he has to "poach" so be it. Then, he should create an environment for them to want to stay. Some stability is desirable. On the flip side, he should let them go when they under-perform. Surrounding yourself with the most capable people is always a better strategy then keeping people on primarily because they plan to stay. I wouldn't worried about an assistant who has "head coaching" aspirations, I suspect most of them do.

Have you even watched a minute of WLAX in 2021? The women's game has come a long way (thanks to Gary). Plus the women's game is full of ballers that play just as tough and can snipe it just as hard as the men. Might want to reevaluate your statement, bud.
Hahahaha. Not a chance. My daughter played lax for 15 years. I was there to watch every game & root for her the entire time. But, sorry. It’s a far cry from boys lacrosse.

Hahahaha. Not a chance. My daughter played lax for 15 years. I was there to watch every game & root for her the entire time. But, sorry. It’s a far cry from boys lacrosse.
I'm guessing you never watched it played at a high level. Girls' lax is a tough watch. Women's d1 lax is a fun watch. The SU women were more enjoyable than the men this year.

7471891F-0648-4649-9C52-2995EF2A687B.gif

SMH.
Not sure what qualities lead to a higher rank in this list, but one would think hiring a guy who promtly won two natties in their first 4 full seasons as coach would be...higher than 8.

Ric Beardsley was on local radio here recently and was kinda of plugging for a role on the staff. Any chance ?

Not sure what qualities lead to a higher rank in this list, but one would think hiring a guy who promtly won two natties in their first 4 full seasons as coach would be...higher than 8.
And, as someone pointed out on our board, no John Tillman either.

Why not. I like Ric. Enjoy his candor and is a Syracuse lacrosse great and recent local high school coach. He was plugging himself.

why do you think he was plugging himself?

Why not. I like Ric. Enjoy his candor and is a Syracuse lacrosse great and recent local high school coach. He was plugging himself.

Why do you think he's a "recent" HS coach and not a "current" HS coach?

There are many types of resignations. Some are voluntary. Some are requested. Some are "...or else...".

From what I hear about him, I'm going with one of the latter two.
Tru dat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom