Gary Gait! | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Gary Gait!

No love for Paul? Would have been nice for them to be honored together.
Paul definitely gets overshadowed by Gary and that is unfortunate. If it wasn't for Gary, Paul would be rightfully considered one of the greatest ever (I think most people agree Paul is an all timer but in conversations it seems like he is always Gary's brother). I can see why ADJW and the comittee chose Gary to be the first MLAX jersey to be retired but I would hope/guess Paul isn't far behind.

Paul definitely gets overshadowed by Gary and that is unfortunate. If it wasn't for Gary, Paul would be rightfully considered one of the greatest ever (I think most people agree Paul is an all timer but in conversations it seems like he is always Gary's brother). I can see why ADJW and the comittee chose Gary to be the first MLAX jersey to be retired but I would hope/guess Paul isn't far behind.

Also strange that they included a photo of Gary and Paul in the announcement tweet - I thought they were inducting both just by looking at the picture.

In the video Xtreme posted it sounds like Gary is trying to put together some sort of lacrosse festival or something in Dome. IL and ESPN tried to do these a number of years ago at NFL stadiums and they never caught on, would be nice to see a big lacrosse focused showcase in the Dome. The PLL has done a good job of doing their own showcases at college campus like Hopkins and Albany. Hope they can put something together.

Also strange that they included a photo of Gary and Paul in the announcement tweet - I thought they were inducting both just by looking at the picture.

In the video Xtreme posted it sounds like Gary is trying to put together some sort of lacrosse festival or something in Dome. IL and ESPN tried to do these a number of years ago at NFL stadiums and they never caught on, would be nice to see a big lacrosse focused showcase in the Dome. The PLL has done a good job of doing their own showcases at college campus like Hopkins and Albany. Hope they can put something together.
There is a picture recently on Twitter of Paul Rabil and Gary talking during a PLL weekend. Hopefully we can read into it a little bit.

Crazy question / is this suggesting in any way that #22 is being retired or just Gary’s 22 Jersey? …a workaround to the ongoing 22 debate ?

generally it a number being retired ..it’s retired

8AC9F02B-A7B4-42EB-A904-6CDE72080027.jpeg

As mentioned previously, many times, Syracuse retires jerseys, not numbers.
But we did retire #44 in football so that is not 100 percent true.

One thing we should do is retire ever mentioning that Scanlon wore #22.

Did Travis learn nothing from last year? Set low expectations. The last thing this team needs is high expectations and lots of pressure. Let them fly under the radar.

Did Travis learn nothing from last year? Set low expectations. The last thing this team needs is high expectations and lots of pressure. Let them fly under the radar.
Syracuse doesn’t fly under the radar.

Go Gary, leading Cuse Lacrosse into a new era of success!

Sounded to me like he has a couple things in mind. A lacrosse festival is probably one of them but I can almost guarantee Gary wants the dome to host the lax Final Four. With AC in place, the dome can guarantee great weather and offers easy access to the lacrosse hotbeds in CNY and LI.

This needs to happen. Glad Gary is on board with the project,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom