GaTech opens -6.5…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

GaTech opens -6.5….

Pitt put them all in the box too. The real question is can the 3 that touch the ball, Villari especially, put the entire offense on their backs two weeks in a row?

The OL run blocking was great yesterday, but a lot of times, there wasn't a hole and they just willed their way for 5-7 yard gains to getting to the sticks.

It was a lot of fun to beat up Pitt like that, I must say. Don't know if we can do it again, but a lot of fun.
I was coming here to say this and add that we used to have teams scheme against our run game with lots of film and still not stop it a couple decades ago. Not able to compare the level of player talent between now and then but some teams don’t seem to have the personnel to stop a run heavy offense - I imagine that’s particularly true this time of year when injuries build up.

It was a smart move to make this pivot. Probably would help to have a little more pass to the mix but what really matters is do we move the ball or not. Personally I don’t care if our runner gets hit at the line of scrimmage and carries defenders for a few yards. Great - just stay healthy!

Yup. It will all come down to working some passes downfield into the plan. I’d use Villari. He threw a beauty to GS yesterday on the goal line.

Tech is going to stack the box unlike anything we’ve seen in 30 years.
You mean thr one that went through his hands and hit him in the face guard?

You mean thr one that went through his hands and hit him in the face guard?
Haha. Yup. Might be the best pass thrown by a Syracuse QB this year

We can play a similar style next week but will need Wilson or someone whose an actual passing threat back there. Maybe they can work with Villari. Problem for the last 2 games is yesterday's offense is now on film and both Tech and Wake will pit 9/10 in the box. SUs gonna have to have some semblance of a passing game
Without question. Of course they might add a play and increase the play book 33%.

Yup. It will all come down to working some passes downfield into the plan. I’d use Villari. He threw a beauty to GS yesterday on the goal line.

Tech is going to stack the box unlike anything we’ve seen in 30 years.
Villari was all everything in HS to the point he had a ton of offers and picked Michigan. He can throw the ball well enough to keep GT honest. Other than that just run the ball down their throats as they dont do well against it.

Villari was all everything in HS to the point he had a ton of offers and picked Michigan. He can throw the ball well enough to keep GT honest. Other than that just run the ball down their throats as they dont do well against it.
But he has to know at least some of the passing scheme. Like two or three routes.

Unfortunately that was as accurate as the most improved Wr room in years.
What do you mean? It's full of 4 star guys from SEC schools. And if you try to tell me that doesn't matter, you can shut up.

I think most of that talk was in January and February. When we still had Sellers and Lamson in the fold.

Things looked good for a couple of months.
There were more than a few that still said it after we lost those guys based on who transferred in. Lots of, "When was the last time we had three QBs on the roster at the same time that were rated 4 stars. If we got these guys coming out of high school we'd be doing cartwheels."

It’s early, but looking like the weather could be excellent for November night game. Low of 52 and sunny projected

I would rather they continue to add nuance to the wildcat scheme they ran on Saturday than go back to the more conventional offense they were running before that, considering that Shrader can't throw nor can CDRW. If they bring in McPhail for 10-15 snaps and run a few things that's fine too. This is our best chance to win. Villari going to need to throw 10-12 times maybe, don't know but should be fun to watch.

I just do not see us winning this game, hopefully i am wrong but Ga Tech is in must win mode to go to a bowl, which would be a hell of a coaching job by that staff, no way they beat Georgia so this is their chance. Then it all comes down to a horrible Wake forest team that is "lost" according to their coach. Will 6-6 possibly 7-6 let Dino keep his job, I hope not but I believe he will be here next year.

I would rather they continue to add nuance to the wildcat scheme they ran on Saturday than go back to the more conventional offense they were running before that, considering that Shrader can't throw nor can CDRW. If they bring in McPhail for 10-15 snaps and run a few things that's fine too. This is our best chance to win. Villari going to need to throw 10-12 times maybe, don't know but should be fun to watch.
I agree. For me this was like watching old time Syracuse pound the ground football.
I'd love to see SU get a decent QB for next year and keep the wildcat scheme.

I think they have to. Add 15 plays this week to this offense. We NEED some pass plays out of this wildcat where more than 1 wideout is streaking down field. Need to get villari more reps throwing. Need to make the offense extremely sporadic and unknown.

I think they have to. Add 15 plays this week to this offense. We NEED some pass plays out of this wildcat where more than 1 wideout is streaking down field. Need to get villari more reps throwing. Need to make the offense extremely sporadic and unknown
Although GT's D is bad versus the run I would expect them to line up with a scheme that basically says you may beat us a with a few calls but there is no way we are allowing you run this wildcat scheme and beat us all day. Syracuse will need to counter. Like I said, could be fun to watch and interesting to see what Syracuse comes up with

GT's offense can score some points as well.

Although GT's D is bad versus the run I would expect them to line up with a scheme that basically says you may beat us a with a few calls but there is no way we are allowing you run this wildcat scheme and beat us all day. Syracuse will need to counter. Like I said, could be fun to watch and interesting to see what Syracuse comes up with

GT's offense can score some points as well.
Gadget play after gadget play. I don’t care how crazy they get.

Put every QB we have on the field. Same with RB. Hell, sub out linemen and rotate positional players onto the line. Put Villari at center, tight end, QB, half back, full back, wideout. Run reverses. Run flea flickers. Overthrow the government. Become an anarchist, the destroyer of worlds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom