GaTech opens -6.5…. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

GaTech opens -6.5….

I agree. For me this was like watching old time Syracuse pound the ground football.
I'd love to see SU get a decent QB for next year and keep the wildcat scheme.
What's wrong with Danny? He's pretty darn close to Dungey in my book. Get more guys at QB like him who aren't going to demand a huge NIL. Pay a few skill players on the higher scale and use most of the NIL on D. Also as I said before, run blocking o-linemen aren't in demand so you can get those guys. It's counter cyclical. If Dino said he was going to go in that direction, I would be fine with him returning.

What's wrong with Danny? He's pretty darn close to Dungey in my book. Get more guys at QB like him who aren't going to demand a huge NIL. Pay a few skill players on the higher scale and use most of the NIL on D. Also as I said before, run blocking o-linemen aren't in demand so you can get those guys. It's counter cyclical. If Dino said he was going to go in that direction, I would be fine with him returning.
Moving forward Syracuse offense needs an identity either way. Do something really well and stick to it. We don’t have anywhere near enough talent to be dare I say “multiple” obviously, I don’t want to run the wildcat forever but a heavy run based scheme with some nuance would be fine with me if we can be somewhat successful at it.

Minus the whole, passing thing.

Moving forward Syracuse offense needs an identity either way. Do something really well and stick to it. We don’t have anywhere near enough talent to be dare I say “multiple”
Well, all the defenses are built for speed and pursuit to stop modern day offenses which are based on spread and passing. They are not built to stop huge run blocking offensive line with a 250 lb wildcat QB. I would say this, in the old days you would run block to get the d-line back on their heels and to commit to stopping the run which created passing opportunities. I think it's time for Marty McFly and Back To The Future.

Well, all the defenses are built for speed and pursuit to stop modern day offenses which are based on spread and passing. They are not built to stop huge run blocking offensive line with a 250 lb wildcat QB. I would say this, in the old days you would run block to get the d-line back on their heels and to commit to stopping the run which created passing opportunities. I think it's time for Marty McFly and Back To The Future.
To this point, Louisville ran the I formation the other day. When the last time an offense ran the I? They kept the defense off guard because they didn't know what they were looking at and how to attack it.

It's a must win game for Georgia Tech with Georgia to conclude the season. The books are considering this.
The books know the ACC wants GT to make a bowl more than they want Syracuse to. If Wake loses this week, they might help Syracuse next week.

To this point, Louisville ran the I formation the other day. When the last time an offense ran the I? They kept the defense off guard because they didn't know what they were looking at and how to attack it.
Makes me want to cry every time I think about them getting Jawhar off the Orange.

I think he can pass well enough to hit some plays, he's just rusty and nervous.
the pass to Allen was a pass every HS QB should be able to throw. probably hits it 90% of the time in a practice setting or at least its a touchable throw..

the pass to Allen was a pass every HS QB should be able to throw. probably hits it 90% of the time in a practice setting or at least its a touchable throw..
He got jumpy when he saw him so open. I mean this whole thing was thrown on him out of the blue.

I just do not see us winning this game, hopefully i am wrong but Ga Tech is in must win mode to go to a bowl, which would be a hell of a coaching job by that staff, no way they beat Georgia so this is their chance. Then it all comes down to a horrible Wake forest team that is "lost" according to their coach. Will 6-6 possibly 7-6 let Dino keep his job, I hope not but I believe he will be here next year.
Exactly. This week I expect we get smacked around. This is the game for their program and season for bowl purposes. They will worry about Georgia as soon as this one ends.

It's home and it's at night.

Everything points to this being laid out on a platter for them.

It will come down to Wake for us.

Exactly. This week I expect we get smacked around. This is the game for their program and season for bowl purposes. They will worry about Georgia as soon as this one ends.

It's home and it's at night.

Everything points to this being laid out on a platter for them.

It will come down to Wake for us.
Haha. Can’t believe this will be my first in-person Cuse game in years. Hoping the Georgia Tech players end up playing tight.

I can't see us thinking that we can pull off the same thing this week, I would expect to see Villari throw the ball more as well as it would not surprise me to see Davis run a few plays albeit run only, since he has not seen any action. Also, wouldn't surprise me that they run Mcphail out to start the game and let him run a couple of series and see how it goes.

Can Villari play QB, under center with #89? Wouldn't surprise me his # changes for deception reasons, I read where Mcphail was taking pregame snaps with Reed. Maybe they felt that to pull it off just once, Pitt was the game.

I get that GT is playing for a bowl.. they avg about 35K in a 55k Stadium. They had 35k for an 8pm game vs UNC 3 weeks ago, I wonder if 5-5 against a 5-5 team drives any better attendance than that?

I wish they had saved the 4 Ints for us though

Although GT's D is bad versus the run I would expect them to line up with a scheme that basically says you may beat us a with a few calls but there is no way we are allowing you run this wildcat scheme and beat us all day. Syracuse will need to counter. Like I said, could be fun to watch and interesting to see what Syracuse comes up with

GT's offense can score some points as well.

GT stopping the run will all come down to heart. If they can line up, man up, tackle, they'll do fine. Pitt couldn't (which makes it funnier).

GT's offense is better than Pitt's. Well, everyone's offense is better than Pitt's.

Pulling this off on Saturday night on the road against a team that knows they need this win for a bowl bid, won't be easy.

Beating Wake won't be nearly as big a challenge. If we lose GT, win Wake, then Wildhack is on the clock. Win both he stays, lose both he goes.

GT had no offense vs Miami , avg vs VIRG and nothing vs Clemson.. They can make big plays but they have had multiple games where Turnovers cost them.

BG/BC/Clem we need that help.

GT stopping the run will all come down to heart. If they can line up, man up, tackle, they'll do fine. Pitt couldn't (which makes it funnier).

GT's offense is better than Pitt's. Well, everyone's offense is better than Pitt's.

Pulling this off on Saturday night on the road against a team that knows they need this win for a bowl bid, won't be easy.

Beating Wake won't be nearly as big a challenge. If we lose GT, win Wake, then Wildhack is on the clock. Win both he stays, lose both he goes.
yeah that 6-6 number is looking more and more likely and going to create a real interesting debate for many. Like I said elsewhere, I am glad I don't have to make that call.

It can't get any worse than the last time we played GT down there right?

It can't get any worse than the last time we played GT down there right?

I feel fairly comfortable that we won't lose 56-0 again. But if we return to our no show ways and GT beats us convincingly, you have the one scenario where maybe Dino's departure is announced before the end of the season. 6-6 and a Fenway Bowl might not matter at that point.

Yup. It will all come down to working some passes downfield into the plan. I’d use Villari. He threw a beauty to GS yesterday on the goal line.

Tech is going to stack the box unlike anything we’ve seen in 30 years.
It was a good pass, just short of the GL. Thankfully GS's face mask wasn't fractured.

Last edited:
looking at their scores/record and nothing else

what a weird ass team

blown out by Ole Miss, lose to Bowling Green -- but beat (at the time) 2 17th ranked teams? Beat badly by Clemson and BC?

Who the hell knows
This Tech team should be 4-6 headed into Saturday. Mario Cristobal gave them a win by not taking a knee. That 5-5 doesn't tell the whole story.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom