Gbinije Leaving Duke - Cuse interested | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije Leaving Duke - Cuse interested

Don't see the problem with numbers. We are losing Southerland and CJ will be a senior next year. As for guards, we are losing Triche after next year, so that would open up playing time at sg guard, along with Cooney. He has to sit out a year anyway. I would think if there is a conflict with SU in the ACC, than SU would not have offered. Get a top kid that has to sit out and work on his game for another year is a big plus.

I would love to grab this kid. Um...I mean have him play for Syracuse. That really sounded bad.
Don't worry, we aren't here to judge you. We save that for the off topic board.

OK, I think this is my "window of opportunity" to make a first post and actually contribute something. Sean McAloon / Gbinije's high school coach is my brother in law. He had mentioned to me during this last season that Michael " should have gone to Cuse " and was unhappy at Duke. I'll follow up and see what he might know given this new info. Sean has also coached Ed Davis from Carolina a few years ago and the Burgess's from VCU.

Great first post. Your like-to-post ratio is likely in record setting territory. Can't wait for post #2 (fingers crossed).

Does he have to sit a year?
Yes.

And to answer another question, he seems to be closer to a 2 than a 4, to answer the "more of a guard or a forward" question.

Yes.

And to answer another question, he seems to be closer to a 2 than a 4, to answer the "more of a guard or a forward" question.
That's good. A 6 6 guard sounds a lot more interesting than a 6 6 forward.

I thought all the judging is done on the pay side?

SHHHHHHH!!! The first rule of "The Pay Side" is that you don't talk about "The Pay Side". If people know it's there, then all the riff-raff will want to join too. Seriously, dude. You're Air Force. You know about Top Secret, Need To Know ONLY, right? ;)

i doubt duke would allow him to transfer to us.

Yes they would. Say what you want about K, but he doesn't play gamesmanship BS like that. If UNC wanted him, then maybe the University might put restrictions on him (or the ACC would), but I don't think K really cares where transfers go. K will support the kid.

Yes they would. Say what you want about K, but he doesn't play gamesmanship BS like that. If UNC wanted him, then maybe the University might put restrictions on him (or the ACC would), but I don't think K really cares where transfers go. K will support the kid.

but you can't transfer in conference.

obviously, this is an odd case - but i would imagine they wont allow him to transfer to cuse or pitt (if he were interested)

obviously, this is an odd case - but i would imagine they wont allow him to transfer to cuse or pitt (if he were interested)
I would imagine so. If he transferred in the next 1-2 months, and SU doesn't join the ACC until earliest July 2013, he would be "grandfathered" in I think.

I would imagine so. If he transferred in the next 1-2 months, and SU doesn't join the ACC until earliest July 2013, he would be "grandfathered" in I think.
I'm sure Cuse knows the rule. Doubt they would waste their time if there was a chance it wouldn't work with the transfer rules.

OK, I think this is my "window of opportunity" to make a first post and actually contribute something. Sean McAloon / Gbinije's high school coach is my brother in law. He had mentioned to me during this last season that Michael " should have gone to Cuse " and was unhappy at Duke. I'll follow up and see what he might know given this new info. Sean has also coached Ed Davis from Carolina a few years ago and the Burgess's from VCU.

Some people will do ANYTHING to get "Likes" on their posts. :cool:

Does the ACC have a 2 year rule?

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure Cuse knows the rule. Doubt they would waste their time if there was a chance it wouldn't work with the transfer rules.
It's the same thing with Oriakhi going to Mizzou right now before they join the SEC in July... actually it's not since he can major in something not offered at UC

your brother in law has coached 2 top 30 kids in the last 5 years?

What is his address? i would like to send him a signed copy of 'how to grow an orange'

btw, great like:post ratio.

SHHHHHHH!!! The first rule of "The Pay Side" is that you don't talk about "The Pay Side". If people know it's there, then all the riff-raff will want to join too. Seriously, dude. You're Air Force. You know about Top Secret, Need To Know ONLY, right? ;)

That was funny...even funnier is the fact that I just watched that movie last night...

It's an individual conference rule. As far as I know the BE is the only one with 2 year restriction.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Dont know if I can live up to the hype, but just got an email from "my source" ( lol), SU is his 1st choice, but not sure if Coach K will release him to a school coming to the ACC.
This is what I commented on. Would Coach K release him to SU if it would mean seeing him for potentially 3 years?