Gbinije ready to make an impact | Syracusefan.com

Gbinije ready to make an impact

SU_Fan_in_VA

Walk On
I may be in the minority on this matter, but I believe things are setup pretty nicely for Mike Gbinije to make an impact next year on this team. I am expecting him to surprise a lot of people next season as a breakout player. To me, its never really been about his skills, but his role on the team and opportunity afforded. I expect a player that sees himself as one of the goto guys looking to shoulder a lot of the burdens on this team next year.

There is plenty of room on the wagon, feel free to join me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ayers-set-for-breakout-2014-15-seasons/page/4

dsc_5626.jpg

Gbinije posterizing Ryan Kelly at Duke practice in his freshman year (2011)

You're not alone- I'm also on board.

He was the best player on our team last year at attacking the paint and dishing he ball, when it seemed all we were doing on offense was dribble around the perimeter. Yes, better than Ennis.

I expect him to have a big role. I like him for his versatility and he's pretty good at everything except maybe rebounding from the forward spot. He'll play 3 positions this year and be around 25 mpg which is 10 more than last year.

Gbinije and Roberson are the two big keys to the season.
With Gbinije it is a lot about skills (jump shot, ball handling) -- with improvement, he can expand his role as a guard. I think it is possible. He has the opportunity.

Really liked what I saw from him in a couple of key games where "go-to" guys didn't have it - @ Duke and Dayton game come to mind - neither game was a win but I believe neither game woulda even been close w/o Mike

I may be in the minority on this matter, but I believe things are setup pretty nicely for Mike Gbinije to make an impact next year on this team. I am expecting him to surprise a lot of people next season as a breakout player. To me, its never really been about his skills, but his role on the team and opportunity afforded. I expect a player that sees himself as one of the goto guys looking to shoulder a lot of the burdens on this team next year.

There is plenty of room on the wagon, feel free to join me.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ayers-set-for-breakout-2014-15-seasons/page/4

View attachment 11399

Gbinije posterizing Ryan Kelly at Duke practice in his freshman year (2011)
Is it time for reruns already?

Don't see it. Hope I am wrong but silent G is very average to me.

Love his ability to penetrate and his size; hopefully he improves his jumpshot a little from last year, but I think he'll be the least of our worries next year. Roberson, McCullough, Joseph, and Cooney are really what our season will hinge on

Jump shooting- who can make outside shots?

Cooney, Gbinijie , Patterson, Johnson and Joseph- In a perfect world I would like to have 3/5 be 40% 3pt. shooters next year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom