Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

If we don't want him, why?

Did Ayala say he's coming after the AAU season ends maybe?

Is JB really serious about only 3 guards, two of which are Frank Howard and a frost that will need some time?

Is there a mystery 5th year that hasn't said he's leaving his current school (maybe a Bonnie?)?

I honestly can't fathom going into the year with only 3 guards again. That would be insane.

If we don't want him, why?

Did Ayala say he's coming after the AAU season ends maybe?

Is JB really serious about only 3 guards, two of which are Frank Howard and a frost that will need some time?

Is there a mystery 5th year that hasn't said he's leaving his current school (maybe a Bonnie?)?

I honestly can't fathom going into the year with only 3 guards again. That would be insane.

Again "The answer is out there"
It's been posted here over and over again if you read carefully.

Again "The answer is out there"
It's been posted here over and over again if you read carefully.

I'm not smart enough to know it if that is the case, but I have a theory: We've talked about how a school would essentially need to promise significant things like a starting spot to get a 5th year transfer. JB clearly learned his lesson with the strife that looks like it caused between Gillon and FH (and possibly Lydon) and is taking a different approach this time. That being letting the kid run out of other options before really getting seriously involved so that we have the leverage and thus don't have to make any promises.

That's all I got.

I'm not smart enough to know it if that is the case, but I have a theory: We've talked about how a school would essentially need to promise significant things like a starting spot to get a 5th year transfer. JB clearly learned his lesson with the strife that looks like it caused between Gillon and FH (and possibly Lydon) and is taking a different approach this time. That being letting the kid run out of other options before really getting seriously involved so that we have the leverage and thus don't have to make any promises.

That's all I got.

The alleged strife between fh and gillon--I have no inside info other than i follow both on instagram and they dont show any beef whatsoever and appear to be good friends. Maybe they cleared the air at some point but no sign of animosity.

Also, is it just ayala or thorpe? Id love to have both.

Might be challenging to integrate a 5th year grad starter. But I expect our staff to be able to make it work. We need Thorp if no Ayala.

Last edited:
Might be challenging to integrate a 5th year grad starter. But I expect our staff to be able to make it work. We need Thorp if no Ayala.
Yes. Going into the season with just three scholarship guards is asking for trouble. As I said yesterday , I hope we're not holding off on Thorpe in the hopes that we land Ayala-only to find out Ayala decides on something else.

Might be challenging to have 3 guards on the roster and Tyus go down for a few weeks...

Exactly. I mean it more like, so what if it's purportedly a challenge to integrate a 5th year, make it happen. HOF coach.

Do everything possible to field the best team for next year. Frankly I feel the indictment on the use of 5th years was as much on how long it took the staff to put them in the right places/roles as how long it took the players to assimilate themselves.

Last edited:
Maybe the staff waiting until he visits and they get a chance to meet him before offering?

Maybe the staff waiting until he visits and they get a chance to meet him before offering?
Sounds logical but shouldn't the limo have arrived yet to bring him to visit?

Exactly. I mean it more like, so what if it's a purportedly a challenge to integrate a 5th year, make it happen. HOF coach.

Do everything possible to field the best team for next year. Frankly I feel the indictment on the use of 5th years was as much on how long it took the staff to put them in the right places/roles as how long it took the players to assimilate themselves.
Yes. This. The coaches need to take some responsibility for their struggles with integrating them last year.

Give Ayala a drop dead date. If he says he still isn't sure then move. I would rather have a sure thing with Thorpe, who wants to be hear, rather than some who is wavering.

Can we hold you to that next February?

lol what?

That pretty much says to me that they let him go to Pitt, and if he commits, then fine. But if he didn't want to go to Pitt, they'd have him come to campus.

Sounds lazy to me.

Sounds like they are waiting on Ayala.....and if Thorpe doesn't commit on his visit to Pitt he can come visit, but he still isn't getting an offer until Ayala shets or gets off the pot.

Sounds like they are waiting on Ayala...and if Thorpe doesn't commit on his visit to Pitt he can come visit, but he still isn't getting an offer until Ayala shets or gets off the pot.

Is it possible we're selling Dolezaj on PT at guard, and so stalling on Thorp to not scare away Dolez

Not sure that any of those assumptions are accurate.

Sounds like they are waiting on Ayala...and if Thorpe doesn't commit on his visit to Pitt he can come visit, but he still isn't getting an offer until Ayala shets or gets off the pot.

Thorpe > Ayala for 2017-2018. Period.

Difference between 13 losses and 15 probably. So picking one is more as to whether you prefer a 5th year Thorpe and then a Frosh or a 2018 Ayala with a years experience. Imagine that is the next season in which we matter in any way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom