Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Sounds to me like Thorpe would visit and commit if we wanted him too. We are slow playing to wait on Ayala, if we get him Thorpe goes home to Pitt. I know there has been contact, I'm just glad he's still keeping us in play.

I'm confused. all iv read on this board is that we aren't pursuing him but we must be in contact with him if he's only considering us and pitt. my only info comes from this board but I just get the feeling ayala isn't coming here. why not go hard after this guy.

I think people have been overreacting WRT Howard for two years running. Overrated after his freshman year, underrated now.

Not nearly as down on FH as most posters are. The talent and size is there, jb decided to keep him, im expecting adjustments to be readily apparent.
It's the composure. Composure!

I'm confused. all iv read on this board is that we aren't pursuing him but we must be in contact with him if he's only considering us and pitt. my only info comes from this board but I just get the feeling ayala isn't coming here. why not go hard after this guy.

Yes there has been contact between Thorpe and the staff. Thus the grumbling here.

Geno Thorpe is highly unlikely to come to Syracuse and its our decision.

There you happy. There is a reason and its more our side than him.
And you have this from a source? Or based on board chatter?

Give Ayala a drop dead date. If he says he still isn't sure then move. I would rather have a sure thing with Thorpe, who wants to be hear, rather than some who is wavering.

The lack of a visit with a few opportunities does say something.
Doesn't the staff sometimes take a vote on recruits and other decisions? I've heard JB mention that before (even if he always has the final say). Is JB the only one on staff not interested in Thorpe? He's talked about how he didn't want Gbinije at all, but Autry convinced him to pursue him as a transfer (obviously it helped to have K's word, too). I mean, JB admitted that he was completely wrong about MG. ...Thorpe seems like a no brainer/no downside pickup as a 5th year, one-and-done guy... unless JB is waiting to see if a more impactful AWIII type shakes loose from the grad transfer tree in the next month...

From Francis twitter -
lol what?

That pretty much says to me that they let him go to Pitt, and if he commits, then fine. But if he didn't want to go to Pitt, they'd have him come to campus.

Sounds lazy to me.

Doesn't the staff sometimes take a vote on recruits and other decisions? I've heard JB mention that before (even if he always has the final say). Is JB the only one on staff not interested in Thorpe? He's talked about how he didn't want Gbinije at all, but Autry convinced him to pursue him as a transfer (obviously it helped to have K's word, too). I mean, JB admitted that he was completely wrong about MG. ...Thorpe seems like a no brainer/no downside pickup as a 5th year, one-and-done guy... unless JB is waiting to see if a more impactful AWIII type shakes loose from the grad transfer tree in the next month...

You bring up valid points. I'm sure there is a democratic element but JB obviously has to sign off. We could've gotten Thorpe on campus and yet to do so.

and... there is still no confirmation anywhere that he's actually visited Pitt yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom