Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Geno Thorpe - COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE

Someone catch me up on this; how many scholarships do we have left? Just 1?

This will be it. We used up one on the East Carolina transfer who won't be eligible until next year.

Still blows my mind how well the team shot from the FT line/3Pt line yet they couldn't get into the tourney with a largely mediocre at best collection of bubble teams. That really illustrates how many issues the team truly had.
Defense

Since 95/96 season we have only had 3 seasons that we gave up over 70ppg. Last season was one of them. We missed the tournament 2 of those 3 times.

If the zone is not working we do not win.

JB said several weeks ago that a foreign trip wasn't in the works for this year.
I know that, for me, it's difficult to coordinate napping when dealing with different time zones.

I'm going to feel significantly better about this team with Thorpe on board.

This is where the rubber hits the road Thorpe visits. Do we offer? Does he accept? Is Ayala feasible after July for 2017? Do we wait? Do we move forward with Thorpe? May be time for answers

This is where the rubber hits the road Thorpe visits. Do we offer? Does he accept? Is Ayala feasible after July for 2017? Do we wait? Do we move forward with Thorpe? May be time for answers

We will offer with the clear intent that the spot is his if he wants it. Ayala is only a possible option if we don't land Thorpe.

JB said several weeks ago that a foreign trip wasn't in the works for this year.
I musta missed that. that sucks. With such a young, inexperienced team, it should be something they take advantage of this year to build more experience and team chemistry.

You could argue that we had a better resume than a few teams that made it. I'd agree with that but like every bubble team we had our chances down the stretch to secure a bid and we didn't get it done. I have no issues with being left out last year.

True, it is a reasonable debate comparing resumes. But, after watching Xavier, USC, and even Kansas St play it was clear to me that they were better teams. Or teams more capable of doing some damage. Clearly Xavier and USC did. Better personnel, defense, ballhandlers, inside presences, toughness, chemistry, schemes, etc.

True, it is a reasonable debate comparing resumes. But, after watching Xavier, USC, and even Kansas St play it was clear to me that they were better teams. Or teams more capable of doing some damage. Clearly Xavier and USC did. Better personnel, defense, ballhandlers, inside presences, toughness, chemistry, schemes, etc.

All it takes one game to look good or bad in the tournament. Having the latter will send you home early just look at Nova.

He's going to be offered on this visit. They didn't wait this long to set up a visit just for nothing to come out of it.

The hope is Geno commits and than is on campus for the second summer session like I have been saying. He can't pull an Andrew White and wait until late August to decide.

All it takes one game to look good or bad in the tournament. Having the latter will send you home early just look at Nova.

He's going to be offered on this visit. They didn't wait this long to set up a visit just for nothing to come out of it.

Of course you're going to Orange-goggle til the bitter end. You clearly didn't see those teams play. Also, Wisconsin was the perfect team to go against Villanova. Experienced grinders, tough, and with a better inside game. Villanova didn't play bad per se. Good news re: Thorpe.

Of course you're going to Orange-goggle til the bitter end. You clearly didn't see those teams play. Also, Wisconsin was the perfect team to go against Villanova. Experienced grinders, tough, and with a better inside game. Villanova didn't play bad per se. Good news re: Thorpe.
We should have gone before Wake...

I don't think its going Orange goggle, it's being realistic about the tournament. It's how a team like Butler makes the national championship two years in a row.

I don't think its going Orange goggle, it's being realistic about the tournament. It's how a team like Butler makes the national championship two years in a row.

Butler was expected to be around a Sweet 16 team I believe. They were not and have not been a bubble team in quite some time. They had great players. Gordon H, Shelvin Mack, Ron Nored, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom